Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 1:24 am

I find the concept of people's identities interesting. You know, the idea of who one is or how one would perceive or describe themselves. My description might sound guano, yours might too but guano is a vital fertilizer for creativity.

So, who are you?

I'm a creator and a destroyer, i have a compulsive need to invent and design and express ideas and to test them. Sometimes s**t breaks you get on with life. Annihilation creates space to conduct creativity, so destruction fuels creativity.

I've been bullied, but i've also been a bully and have even have intentionally bullied my own bullies back, my relationship with this concept is more complex than I understood as it unfolded in context.

(basically, let's discuss labels we've had applied to us over the years)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 3:44 am

I am a guy who has many mood swings. I often times feel restless and figety.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 5:04 am

I am a woman with ADHD and Asperger's, and I like to express myself all the time, including on WP. My thoughts and feelings are no good being inside.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 5:26 am

That's both an easy and a hard question. I feel like I have a pretty firm grasp on my own identity, but putting it in to words is difficult; there are lots of points to it and what's relevant depends on the situation. For examble, among family I'm the black sheep, among relatives one of the few black sheeps, at work I'm (apparently) the weirdo that no one really minds 'cause I get my job done and am not the biggest weirdo in the building... or well, maybe I am. The biggest one quit last month.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 5:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I find the concept of people's identities interesting. You know, the idea of who one is or how one would perceive or describe themselves. My description might sound guano, yours might too but guano is a vital fertilizer for creativity.

So, who are you?

I'm a creator and a destroyer, i have a compulsive need to invent and design and express ideas and to test them. Sometimes s**t breaks you get on with life. Annihilation creates space to conduct creativity, so destruction fuels creativity.

I've been bullied, but i've also been a bully and have even have intentionally bullied my own bullies back, my relationship with this concept is more complex than I understood as it unfolded in context.

(basically, let's discuss labels we've had applied to us over the years)

I am someone who is unsure of his existence and where he stands as person due to fracturing that interpersonal divide of who i am and how i effect the world around me.
Probably said that wrong but.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 5:57 am

I’m someone who hates those sorts of philosophical questions :P

I feel like I’m a different person every day—depending upon mood.....though, at the core, I haven’t really changed since young manhood.

In some ways, I’m a real coward; in others, I’m quite brave.

My mind, expressed outwardly, is not deep. I’m an uncomplicated person. I’m not as smart as I thought I was earlier in life. My mind isn’t all that deep inwardly, either.

My opinions are primarily formed through my experiences. I believe “results” of social science research are skewed fatally. There is a composite person revealed through this “research” which in no way is reflective of individuals at the heart of things.

People tend to “give up” based upon this “research,” I have found. It renders things unnecessarily futile.

I believe we must come to some sort of compromise: traditional values vs PC/cancel culture. We will be in a bad place, truly, if either one of those holds sway—though I do believe we need more tradition than PC, though modified to reflect humanist/transcendent values.

I am more a “person” than an “autistic” person. My autism has stifled some material progress....but it has also helped me to see beyond material things and traditional, social-Darwinist notions.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 13 Jul 2020, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 5:58 am

I am me.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:09 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I am me.

I was considering responding this way
I am me, the best me I can be.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 7:09 am

But you are you. I'm me. Hehe.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 7:12 am

My answer would be way too boring. I would rather work on my creativity and recreate myself without regard for the truth:

I am a dynamic individual. I daily bring innovation to my local community. When covid-19 hit, I was consulted on the best plan of action. When road work is performed in my area they always check with me first as to limit my inconvenience. I am a creator of jobs, spawning companies like rabbits produce bunnies. Yada, yada, yada.

As you can see, I not even very creative :(.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:53 am

I'm sorry, the person you are currently trying to reach is having an identity crisis- please hold. :lol:

Hmm. Well, I'd say that I am someone who mentally exists in many different places at once. I have a wandering mind with a lot of ideas that don't always fit together. So, although I might be sat on a bed, I'll be on a beach, then a stage, and then talking to my favourite author at a convention. I fluidly go between memories, random scenarios and concepts.

Creativity is what I'm known for. The connections I make and what I create. However, I am cog in a machine. A useful cog but easily replaceable. Life will easily go on after I cease to exist. I am a story, one of many. The part I play varies depending on whose story is being told. My internal life is active and chaotic. I often aim to translate my internal life into my external in small ways. Why? Because of a selfish desire for my story to be heard, a desire that I think most if not all secretly have.

I am aware of my naivety and insignificance yet I keep going because I am stubbornly persistent. My stance on life is best described as optimistic nihilism. I don't think that life has one objective inherent value, but that it is the sum of our circumstances and choices. That life is a mixture of things we're born into (and what we make of it if we're fortunate enough).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 9:06 am

Who is Fnord?

I am Fnord.

I am the space in between the pixels on your screen.
I am the blank paper that newspapers are printed on.

I am the the four-leaf clover with a missing leaf.
I am the tool the dentist uses on unruly patients.

I am the gunk that sticks to the inside of your car's fenders.
                I am the reason boxes of condoms carry twelve instead of ten.
              I am the last bit of sand you can't get out of your shoe.
            I am the founding father of the phrase "founding father."
          I am an arcade game like Pacman without the little dots.
        I am where those socks vanish off in the laundry.
      I live in the empty space above a decimal point.

I am the redundant coin slot on arcade games.
I am evaporated herbal tea, minus the herbs.
I am the empty pages at the end of the book.

I am the smallest number greater than zero.
      I am the universe with decreasing entropy.
        I am the serial number on a box of cereal.
          I am an annoying series of email messages.
            I am a little puffy cloud you see at 5pm.
              I am the color only blind people can see.
                I am the 43 1/3rd state, next to Wyoming.

I am the lint in the navel of the mites that eat the lint in the navel of the mites that eat the lint in my navel.

I am the parsley on the plate of your life.
I am the little pebble in your shoe.

I am the "ooo" in varooom of race cars.
I am this really, really tall mountain.

I am neither a particle nor a wave.
I am where the buses hide at night.
I was last seen in Omaha, Nebraska.

I am why doctors ask you to cough.
I am the sales tax on happiness.
I am a pickle without the bumps.

I am a sentient vacuum cleaner.
I am the "een" in baleen whale.
I use two bathtubs at once.

I am an apostrophe on drugs.
I am the yin without yang.
I am the echo of silence.
I am toast without bread.
I am why ducks eat trees.

I am the donut hole.
I am the whole donut.
I never sleep.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 11:08 am

Does anyone know who I am? :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 11:43 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

A person that loves trains. 8)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 11:45 am

Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

A person that loves trains. 8)

Ah yes. Thanks Joe90.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 11:48 am

So far the answers have been awesome. :heart:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う