Yes 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
I was abused in the past 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 6

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2020, 12:13 am

I was diagnosed at 23, so, while it made sense to me that I had a "social disability" (as the doctor phrased it), the weight of what she said has taken years to adequately sink in.

I've tried continuously to overcome my disability, but it never goes away. And I'd rather live with my parents than with some man who would maltreat me.

Since I am disabled, people communicate with me in unusual ways. I'm told I'm like "Peter Pan". I have a college degree, two insurance licenses, a paralegal certificate, and half a master's degree in education. I've worked for years and I've been on unemployment in two different states. One doctor once told me, "Most people fall down really hard once in their lives, and then get back up. You just keep falling and falling." I'm more grown up than most people. Hypocrites are the worst kinds of people. And they're everywhere.

It takes a coward to ignore a disabled person and leave them out. Honorable, confident people treat everyone with respect. I find insecure people extremely pathetic.

And so therefore I am bullied and treated like dirt by the community. I know right from wrong. I've just trusted people a little too much.

I'm so sick of this.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 9:25 am

You can't change how most people are. Just try to find the right ones to stay with even that it can be a hard task for people on the spectrum. :wink:
Autismus isn't a single unique thing but a spectrum is a lot of different problems.
What are your biggest problems? Alexithymia and lack of empathy? Lack of theory of mind? Lack of a nice partner?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 9:35 am

DesertWoman wrote:
I was diagnosed at 23, so, while it made sense to me that I had a "social disability" (as the doctor phrased it), the weight of what she said has taken years to adequately sink in.

I've tried continuously to overcome my disability, but it never goes away. And I'd rather live with my parents than with some man who would maltreat me.

Since I am disabled, people communicate with me in unusual ways. I'm told I'm like "Peter Pan". I have a college degree, two insurance licenses, a paralegal certificate, and half a master's degree in education. I've worked for years and I've been on unemployment in two different states. One doctor once told me, "Most people fall down really hard once in their lives, and then get back up. You just keep falling and falling." I'm more grown up than most people. Hypocrites are the worst kinds of people. And they're everywhere.

It takes a coward to ignore a disabled person and leave them out. Honorable, confident people treat everyone with respect. I find insecure people extremely pathetic.

And so therefore I am bullied and treated like dirt by the community. I know right from wrong. I've just trusted people a little too much.

I'm so sick of this.

It is safe to say you are bitter about life.
How long have you felt this way?

Being with autistic peers has helped me.
Perhaps being here will be a healing experience?