panic attacks and suicidal thoughts

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2020, 12:08 pm

Panic attacks have been more and more frequent anymore. I've found a place I want to move but can't seem to get the ball rolling with the people who work there. I finally had a frank talk with my mom last night about what exactly I believe (politically) during which she affirmed an anxiety I've been having that right wing people are forming militias because they don't think the police do enough on their own. I read a comment just now somewhere that said gun sales are going up on both sides of the aisle because we're gearing up for a serious civil war.
I'm so... Sad, or upset or whatever. I feel like killing myself because no one seems capable of being reasonable anymore. Americans seem to just think violence fixes everything, or that it just doesn't matter, like we're living in some video game. I don't know if I can go on. I don't even want to bother making plans for my future anymore and it makes me so upset. Sorry. Just thinking of ending things and it makes me sad.
Please, please do not reply to this if all you have to say is "yep it sucks I hate living in america too" - I'm sorry but I think that will just make it worse

Last edited by greenmm37 on 30 Oct 2020, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2020, 12:42 pm

Stay alive as you are lovely just as you are. Leave the politics to those who like politics. Politics has its place but it is not the most important thing in ones life.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2020, 1:07 pm

Most people are buying guns to defend their lives and their property. They are not buying them to join militias. They see a lot of violence on the streets of downtown cities night after night and watch the police do nothing. They feel fear and decide they need the ability to defend themselves and their loved ones.

If you want to move, then perhaps you should act on your desires. Just stay safe.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2020, 1:28 pm

greenmm37 wrote:
I feel like killing myself because no one seems capable of being reasonable anymore.

You can try reminding yourself that you don't have to be concerned with everything other people do, even if they're in the same country as you're in. This is something I tell myself. Stuff that happens away from you won't necessarily harm you, even if it's really bad, and it's not your responsibility, and it's not kind to yourself to worry too much about things you can't change.

People continue to live satisfying lives even when things get difficult in the world, and you can too.

Also, remember that there are reasonable people but you may not hear about them because the news and social media report the most shocking, sensational things. Less often do they mention non-violent, law-abiding people quietly living their lives responsibly. Reasonable people are around even if you don't notice them as much.

Quote:
Americans seem to just think violence fixes everything, or that it just doesn't matter, like we're living in some video game.

Some people think that way, but cultures change. And people like you who talk about the issues can help make that change.

SecretOpossumCabal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2020, 1:34 pm

You are a victim of the mainstream media's fear-mongering. The MSM thrives off fear, and fear is the product that they sell. Turn OFF the News. They are peddling fear to the people to assert control and it's quite sinister what they are doing because of how exploits the fearful.

The MSM are a bunch of ravenous wolves. Look at what they do to people by pumping constant fear into their brains? They're a cabal of literal demons.

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2020, 2:36 pm

I'm sorry to sort of necro-bump my thread but I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to reply - your replies sincerely helped me get through that rough period; anxiety still ebbs and flows as it always will, but I really needed some words that day and it means a lot that you took the time to post.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 5:27 pm

greenmm37 wrote:
I'm sorry to sort of necro-bump my thread but I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to reply - your replies sincerely helped me get through that rough period; anxiety still ebbs and flows as it always will, but I really needed some words that day and it means a lot that you took the time to post.

You are welcome. :)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 5:46 pm

greenmm37 wrote:

Keep off the caffeine, including chocolate, sugar, and exercise moderately.
That reduces emotional spiking. ;)