I'm struggling with hatred because of Israeli terrorism

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:37 pm

Recently this week the Israeli government made its intention known to evict over 500 Palestinians from the West Bank, including my uncles and aunts and cousins. Also today while in the holy month of Ramadan Israel injured over 178 Palestinians while they were praying in the Aqsa Mosque, the holiest month of Islam. My cousin is critically wounded and in the hospital and several friends are in the hospital under less critical condition.

Im struggling with hatred. Seeing how evil and deplorable these savages and terrorists are that they would do this to my family and people even in our holiest month, it fills me with such rage and hatred.

Im struggling not to direct my hatred towards innocent Jews knowing that its wrong, but today I've been so gripped with hatred I began to go on tirades and hateful outburts against Jews to myself and afterwards I felt terrible since I know that not every Jew supports this; however a lot do and that's why I'm struggling not to have hatred.

I know hatred against innocent people is wrong, I know generalizations are wrong, and I know that many Jews condemn this. However sometimes I forget that and I begin to start anti-Semitic statements when I think of what happened to my family this week and sometimes the hatred becomes so overwhelming that I begin to look at random Jews in my area with anger and malice without even consciously being aware

I want to know how to deal with this hatred and rage that's brewing inside of me because of what Israel has done to my family and people. I want to know what to do as im struggling to not let hatred consume me.

Im not MLK. Im not Gandhi. Nor am I Nelson Mandela. Both suffered enormously at the hands of their oppressors without resorting to hatred. I don't know how to do that. I dont know how to not let hatred consume me the way those 3 icons never let hatred consume them.

Master Oogway

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 9:21 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your cousin.

Yes the Israeli government's actions have been horrible.

I hope Israel will form a new non-Likud government soon and the evictions don't happen.

As for how to deal with your rage: Is there anything you can do, from where you are, to help the Arab Israeli opposition parties?

Seems to me what needs to happen is for Likud to be kicked out of power ASAP. I hope Israeli opinion is turning against Likud.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 2:13 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your cousin.

Yes the Israeli government's actions have been horrible.

I hope Israel will form a new non-Likud government soon and the evictions don't happen.

As for how to deal with your rage: Is there anything you can do, from where you are, to help the Arab Israeli opposition parties?

Seems to me what needs to happen is for Likud to be kicked out of power ASAP. I hope Israeli opinion is turning against Likud.

All ive done is fight with people online, cuss some out, make threats against others, and tell one person I hope he kills himself.

My emotions have been running high lately and its at a point where if I see one more person try to justify Israel's terrorism I think I'm going to challenge him to an actual street fight and throw hands.

Im tired of Israel terrorizing Palestinians like my family and people supporting flagrant human rights abuses.

Master Oogway

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 3:05 pm

I find it so hard to not be hateful in the face of others' hate. An you're not alone. I hate what I'm hearing about Israel's government's actions. I'm so sorry.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 12:11 am

NaturalEntity wrote:
I find it so hard to not be hateful in the face of others' hate. An you're not alone. I hate what I'm hearing about Israel's government's actions. I'm so sorry.

Thank you for understanding. Personally I don't want hate to consume me or else ill turn into the very monster I hate, but it feels hard right now given the magnitude of Israel's crimes against my people and my family personally.

Master Oogway