This is why I dont trust doctors. One almost killed me! Damn

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:45 am

I gave them a chance. My whole life I've been distrustful of doctors, im certain America is run by big Pharma and doctors are prostitutes to corrupt brokers and people with nefarious motives, so whenever I can I try to avoid doctors as much as possible. Now because of bad health lately and terrible illnesses I was forced to go to a doctor under my health insurance to see if they can help me

The doctor prescribes to me an anti-biotic. Interesting. It just so happens that the anti-biotic he prescribed to me is known to have dangerous and severe side effects. Less well known is that this anti-biotic just happens to have a certain specific drug that it reacts horribly to, so horribly in fact that they should never go together. Turns out despite my doctor knowing which medications im currently taking he decided to prescribe the very antibiotic that reacts strongly with the medicine im already taking

It wasn't pretty

I spent the entire day vomitting, I was coughing blood, and I felt like I was going to die.

I had to be taken to the ER, given IV medicine, and basically lost consciousness, and felt sick all day.

It was the worst experience of my life

This was the medicine I took:

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682399.html

And while I did have an infection, a sinus infection, it was no where near as severe as to warrant a drug with side effects that severe and especially when I was already taking a medicine listed as being dangerous to react with.

This is my problem with the healthcare in this country. Pushing drugs is literally what doctors do no matter the risk/reward ratio. Doctors dont want to help a person heal. They just want pharmaceutical companies to line their pockets.

and if someone tries to call me stupid, crazy, etc etc then piss off because im not in the damn mood. I nearly died today and had to receive intensive treatment in the ER because of this. I literally began to vomit everything, it felt like I was going to vomit my organs, it was so painful and disgusting even thinking about it feels terrifying

In my entire life ive been through quite a number of pains, physical and mental. Ive survived war, almost got shot by Israeli soldiers in Palestine, got beaten up viciously in street fights, lost my mom, witnessed Minneapolis burn to the ground during riots, and suffered a car accident in 2017 that destroyed my body and life for years

Out of all that, today is easily the worst day in my entire life. the pain was so hellish I actually would have commit suicide if I could have to end it. The pain was unlike anything ive ever felt in this world

Master Oogway

Last edited by salad on 05 Jun 2021, 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:52 am

Never in my life did doctors ever tell me that exercise, cold showers, eating the right foods, and other organic and holistic lifestyle changes could cure depression.

Instead they pushed drugs at every corner with severe side effects

Well here I am without drugs nor therapy, me a child of war whose been through more hell than literally most people in this world, here I am depression free and no risk of suicide just by eating right, taking cold showers and exercising. Yet the same people gaining 50 pounds obese and suffering as mindless zombies on pills their doctor prescribed then have the audacity to call me crazy and lecture me about my distrust of the healthcare industry.

Its pathetic how strong the brainwashing in this country is when it comes to sycophantically treating doctors and healthcare practitioners like they're god and they know what they're talking about. If I had listened to doctors id still be on some dangerous anti-depressants and anti-psychotics with horrible side effects and still miserable

Instead I listened to badRobot, the guy everyone on this forum calls crazy just for using common sense and advocating healthy human living, and here I am better than ever health wise.

Even the sinus infection I was suffering from wasn't as severe as the reaction from the medicine I got.

Its almost like iatrogenics has been missing from the vocabulary of healthcare workers and so long as a drug can be pushed thats all that matters

And to those unfamiliar with iatrogenics:

https://fs.blog/2013/10/iatrogenics/

Master Oogway

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 1:39 am

Yes, healthcare professionals are the last people on earth I would trust with my long term health or lifestyle. This is not due to some conspiracy or ill intent, just historically there is a huge gap between scientific research in this field and healthcare and medical education industries. For whatever reason they are going very different directions for decades.

No disease ever killed more people than advise and prescriptions from general practice doctors. Healthcare system and public guidelines are directly responsible for increase in diabetes, heart disease and depression.

Still I have a huge respect toward nurses, surgeons, etc. they are real heroes saving lives.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 5:19 am

salad wrote:
I gave them a chance. My whole life I've been distrustful of doctors, im certain America is run by big Pharma and doctors are prostitutes to corrupt brokers and people with nefarious motives, so whenever I can I try to avoid doctors as much as possible.

This also applies in the UK despite us being constantly told how wonderful our National Health Service is and that it is the envy of the world and that we must worship the staff as angels. Yet we probably have the least healthy population in the developed world as people do not need to take responsibility for their own well being, particularly in regards to alcohol upon which the government presumably collects large sums of money in tax. The NHS has been on the brink of collapse for decades, is extremely badly managed to the point that people can no longer see a doctor in person or get treatment unless it is for Covid. The nurses are very good at creating TikTok dance videos however, so the contributions that everybody is forced to pay towards its' up keep isn't completely wasted if you enjoy those.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 10:35 am

salad wrote:
In my entire life ive been through quite a number of pains, physical and mental. Ive survived war, almost got shot by Israeli soldiers in Palestine, got beaten up viciously in street fights, lost my mom, witnessed Minneapolis burn to the ground during riots, and suffered a car accident in 2017 that destroyed my body and life for years

Out of all that, today is easily the worst day in my entire life. the pain was so hellish I actually would have commit suicide if I could have to end it. The pain was unlike anything ive ever felt in this world

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon and I hope you can sue the doctor for malpractice.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:49 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
salad wrote:

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon and I hope you can sue the doctor for malpractice.

I sure as hell will.

That pain was literally torture

Master Oogway