Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 7:29 am

In many ways, whether you know it or not, you still are “winning” the battle of life.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 12:49 pm

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
What are you winning about...you have a boyfriend, go be with him.

some have no one, be grateful

A boyfriend/girlfriend isn't the "be all end all". Just because she is in a relationship doesn't mean she is now immune to feeling depressed and hopeless. There is more to life than that and to say what you just said is very rude!

Anyway, I think COVID has caused many to put on a few pounds, heck I even got a belly showing now and a pair of pants I use to be able to wear that I can't now. OP You could try getting in touch with your friends again and just talk without any expectations of visiting. Maybe you could come to a compromise on how to meet up? If not then video chatting could work(do a group chat if you can). You will get through this, it might take some time and a some adjusting but, I feel you will get through it.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 6:27 am

AquaineBay wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:

A boyfriend/girlfriend isn't the "be all end all". Just because she is in a relationship doesn't mean she is now immune to feeling depressed and hopeless. There is more to life than that and to say what you just said is very rude!

I think some Aspies get bitter about Aspies who managed to find themselves a partner. I understand that, but they need to realise that having a relationship isn't a cure for depression. I've been with him 7 years now so I am probably taking the fact that I'm in a relationship for granted. But I have been happier in myself since I met him, but I still have my moments. We all do.

Also the 'early relationship days' don't last forever. Relationship just becomes life as you settle down and carry on with work and family and health and other important things. We are struggling greatly with money at the moment so I think that's contributed to my depression. Also I had two weeks holiday off work and apart from seeing my family I felt I haven't accomplished anything and now I'm back at work again. All the plans I had for my holiday involved being outdoors in hot weather, but we had no hot, dry weather here at all, so we spent most of my holiday indoors. If we had the money we could have done some decorating, but we don't even have money for that; all my money goes on rent and broadband and groceries, and all his unemployment money goes on rent, bills and groceries. So we have hardly any left to play with.
So being in a relationship isn't all about romantic vacations abroad and living in paradise. I'm happy being in love with my boyfriend but all we do is worry about money and just get through life day by day.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 11:31 pm

what hobbies do you have?

I'm a foodie into nutrition...dinner time is always good for me

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 11:33 pm

Joe90 wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:

I think some Aspies get bitter about Aspies who managed to find themselves a partner. I understand that, but they need to realise that having a relationship isn't a cure for depression. I've been with him 7 years now so I am probably taking the fact that I'm in a relationship for granted. But I have been happier in myself since I met him, but I still have my moments. We all do.

Also the 'early relationship days' don't last forever. Relationship just becomes life as you settle down and carry on with work and family and health and other important things. We are struggling greatly with money at the moment so I think that's contributed to my depression. Also I had two weeks holiday off work and apart from seeing my family I felt I haven't accomplished anything and now I'm back at work again. All the plans I had for my holiday involved being outdoors in hot weather, but we had no hot, dry weather here at all, so we spent most of my holiday indoors. If we had the money we could have done some decorating, but we don't even have money for that; all my money goes on rent and broadband and groceries, and all his unemployment money goes on rent, bills and groceries. So we have hardly any left to play with.
So being in a relationship isn't all about romantic vacations abroad and living in paradise. I'm happy being in love with my boyfriend but all we do is worry about money and just get through life day by day.

yes but I get depressed cause I don't have anyone to love

I'm lonely

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 11:34 pm

a part of me likes being alone though

I'm weird

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 11:36 pm