PTSD been getting real bad lately

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 9:34 am

Even though I did therapy and I cured PTSD and erased trauma these past few days have been really bad PTSD that have been eating me up

Just woke up from a nightmare where my friends and I were walking and we were caught in the middle of a gun fight between guerillas and the Israeli Army. We were captured and interrogated

The night before that mom was taken away from me by the Israeli government

In public even while out having fun at amusement park I had several moments in public where my mind was flashing back to horrible events and it was disturbing and unpleasant

This isnt supposed to happen

I did therapy and cured myself, so WTF am I doing being a little b***h having PTSD when strong men arent supposed to suffer from this weak BS

My heart rate is ultra high and my body feels perpetually tense and unable to relax or stay calm

I'm going to try taking some pills and see if that helps

Master Oogway

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 9:43 am

I'm sorry this is happening and you're experiencing flashbacks.

You mentioned you did therapy and cured yourself. Please realise trauma is often considered to be permanent and a lifelong condition. It's common for people to have peaks and valleys even though it's still there based on what your nervous system has been through. If you're having a recurrence lately, that doesn't mean there won't be some better days ahead.

Do you see your therapist regularly? Journalling or keeping track of your good / bad days might help in the meantime, until your next appointment.

Hang in there.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 10:25 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm sorry this is happening and you're experiencing flashbacks.

You mentioned you did therapy and cured yourself. Please realise trauma is often considered to be permanent and a lifelong condition. It's common for people to have peaks and valleys even though it's still there based on what your nervous system has been through. If you're having a recurrence lately, that doesn't mean there won't be some better days ahead.

Do you see your therapist regularly? Journalling or keeping track of your good / bad days might help in the meantime, until your next appointment.

Hang in there.

I know PTSD isnt permanent because I genuinely cured it.

Just these few days have been bad for some reason. I guess its because this week was the 1 year anniversary of my mom leaving me. I hope as the days pass on I'll be healed

Journaling sounds fun

I see my therapist conveniently this Tuesday so it's not too far ahead

Master Oogway