Reason to not kill myself?

Page 2 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 5:53 am

You have to create some of that reprieve for yourself.

If I relied on other people, I’d be a total basket case.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2021, 6:11 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes.
Being a mother, I sometimes have to force others to let me rest.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 6:29 am

And try to remember, in your heart, that the Past is the Past.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I can't just magically poof money or friends into existence.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:06 am

Money is difficult....friends not so difficult.

You have a brain in your head. You have lots of knowledge. All you have to do is accept that people have different viewpoints on things---like religion, for example---and you will do better.

I don't believe in God, you don't believe in God. But many people do believe in God for various reasons. Much of the time "reason" and "logic' doesn't play into why they believe in God. It's sort of a solace for those folks. If you keep that in mind, I am sure you will make more friends.

You have a lot to talk about in your job, too. That's also how people make friends. They talk about their jobs. Your clients (without saying their names or distinctive characteristics) are interesting to some people. And people like to talk about their jobs, too. That's called "communication."

Once you've established friendships, romance will come much easier. And you're not the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's not impossible for you to find love.

kuze
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2021, 9:30 am

dorkseid wrote:
magz wrote:

PS - I have no idea if it relates to you but whenever I'm feeling like killing myself, I find out it's exhaustion and neglected needs.

Life will never give me a reprieve from either.

I wonder what Optimus Prime would say about suicide? Isn't he like the Tony Robbins of robots? I really liked that Bumblebee movie though, even though I am more of an anime person. Knights of Sidonia is rockin' it for me at the moment. It all started with 3 x 3 eyes, Golgo 13 and Akira way back when. I got a lot of suicidal thoughts in my early 20's, I'd not long had my first son and my relationship was on the rocks. I went for a walk on Christmas morning alone, (I think depression can hit you hardest in the moments your allegedly supposed to be happy), found myself at the top of a cliff at our local beach. Climbed down it a bit and stared down right where the waves were smashing into the rocks. I just couldn't make sense of why I felt that way but something inside just told me to go back home.

I did the right thing because the actual problem was that I was not compatible with the mother of my son, plus I was on bad pills. A few months later we went our separate ways. Felt like I had let my son down so crashed into another incompatible relationship = son number 2, then got married to a sociopath. No idea all along I was autistic. Think what I'm trying to say is no matter what drama you smash into, its always worth staying alive. Things are better now and I wouldn't change a thing. You learn a lot from your experiences and it makes you much stronger for the future.

Make a plan and challenge something in your life that you are afraid of, no matter how big or small. It could make all the difference.

kuze

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2021, 9:38 am

You're right Kuze: an action such as suicide can't be reversed, and who knows what the OP might miss out on. Depression is real but the response to it differs. Nature can be among the most therapeutic things. I'm sorry he isn't allowed a dog or cat but there are other pets. Volunteering at an animal shelter or a place where people are in need, can also benefit one's state of mind - its been proved that helping others increases happiness and fulfillment.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:30 pm

I stay alive to waste oxygen and piss people off.

So, I'm ugly, worthless, and poor? Cool. I'm going to continue to take up space and use up resources for as long as I live.

Why should I kill myself? It's everyone else who sucks.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:35 pm

Reason to not kill myself: All my life, people have been "suggesting" that I should drop dead; I do not wish to give them the satisfaction.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:50 pm

Some day it will down on you that you can enjoy happy life by your own choice and whatever BS your depression is telling you just isn't true and completely irrelevant.

If you'll start working out, getting like 20 minutes of direct sunlight soon after you wake up every day and pay attention to what you are eating starting tomorrow, this revelation might happen as soon as this week.

Last edited by badRobot on 13 Sep 2021, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 3:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Once you've established friendships, romance will come much easier. And you're not the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's not impossible for you to find love.

Not true. I've made plenty of friendships in the past through school and work, and not once did any of them lead to romance.

If it was possible for me to find love, something would be happened at some point in the past 12 years. It may not have been perfect or lasted for long, but if it was possible, somebody would have been attracted to me.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 3:27 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
You're right Kuze: an action such as suicide can't be reversed, and who knows what the OP might miss out on.

You're weighing a possible but highly improbable short term happiness against long term suffering. Once I'm dead, my consciousness will no longer exist and there I will regret or care about anything I miss out on. On the other hand, as long as I'm alive I will continue to suffer.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 3:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
Reason to not kill myself: All my life, people have been "suggesting" that I should drop dead; I do not wish to give them the satisfaction.

In every other context, all the advice I've been given is that I shouldn't care about what other people think or let their opinion dictate my choices. But when I'm talking about suicide, all of a sudden what other people think is important?!

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:58 pm

dorkseid wrote:
On the other hand, as long as I'm alive I will continue to suffer.

What causes you pain and suffering in present?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 5:36 pm

feeling disaffected , angry and discouraged and frustrated all at once .
Hope you can hang in through it all....... nobody promised a bed of Roses. :ninja:

where ever you go ,there you are

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 5:42 pm

Reason:
You obviously so not want to kill your self.
You are looking for reasons on youtube.
You created a thread on WP.
From this, I reason, there is, at least, a part of you that does not want to die.
How can you honor that part of you?