Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Substantially_Abstract
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2021, 3:12 am

It seems there is just so much on my plate right now: not only sleep/digestion and mental issues, but also conflicts with my mom, who, herself had recovered from major health issues not too long ago :(

Like, I know she only wants the best for me, but I always feel either annoyed or that I am letting her down:

1. She keeps posting photos of me in her social media, even though she promised me multiple times before she wouldn't. Like, it was bad enough accepting my ugliness, but being constantly reminded of it sure isn't helping :evil:

2. She always gets sad about my sleep issues, and that we cannot spend much time together because of them :(

3. She always needs to comment on everything and doesn't really appreciate personal space. Like, every time I need to belch (because I have acid reflux and narrow esophagus) she acts as if I need to go to the hospital and theres that look of extreme pity. And then she wants to hug me, but that just makes it worse :( Then, sometimes when I try to take a nap or just relax my eyes she just keeps talking to me or hugging me, which I find overwhelming. Sometimes I find I have to avoid her because of that and more :(

4. Idk, but sometimes I also feel like she could betray. Like, before she had a love interest, who encouraged me to commit suicide, telling me that "I am too weak to hurt myself", and even after finding that out it took a while for them to break up. Another one I had to live with since 8 yrs, and he just couldn't accept me and kept ordering people around. Also, whenever my brother laughed at me she always told me he was just "in a good mood" and also she always succumbed to his gaming obsession. And he kept insulting and laughing at me when I got severe acid reflux, and even now he feels absolutely no remorse. He also never cares if he sees someone dying in a movie, so idk what would be if I had to live with him again :?

Apart from that, it seems as if everyone is turning away from me when I am just trying to reach out to them, and sometimes I just feel so overwhelmingly lonely :(

And if before I absolutely trusted Christianity, right now I am having some doubts, because: 1. I almost died from food restrictions
2. There are some things after which you absolutely have the right not to forgive someone. (Like, blindly trusting everyone cannot be good for you).

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 5:34 pm

I am so sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. It certainly sounds like you have plenty of reasons. Some parents, usually mothers, cannot get over their need to treat their children as children instead of recognizing that the children have grown up. It is selfish for them to do so, but no one really teaches parents that they need to let go, and respect the wishes of their adult children. This has more to do with your mother than with you. She should respect your wish not to have pictures posted on FB. It would better if she did not go overboard with every little thing. Hugs...but not too close.