Page 2 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2022, 4:52 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I confess that as an Autistic kid, I had such an aversion to the cold feeling of a toilet seat on my thighs, that I would hold my poop in for days sometimes, just to avoid going to the toilet.

I don't know why I do it, but I've done that for as long as I can remember. I hold my poop in for weeks at a time, and it's never been any other way. I'm going to therapy for it for over a year, and nothing has changed because there isn't a clear reason why I do it. It makes you extremely miserable, and it makes you avoid everything, but no one cares to try to help. I need to make a post about this, I'm sure many autistic people do this too.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 4:54 pm

^I always did that at school, throughout grade school. I wouldn't use the school toilets, and would wait until I got home. I just used urinals.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 5:16 pm

A good routine for Autistic folk when sitting down on the toilet is to use toilet paper around the seating area. It reduces the sensory sharpness of skin-to-surface contact.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 5:24 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
A good routine for Autistic folk when sitting down on the toilet is to use toilet paper around the seating area. It reduces the sensory sharpness of skin-to-surface contact.

Also have done this my whole life. Except at home.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 5:27 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

Just knock your nest into the toilet and flush it when you're done. People at Honda would always leave their TP nest sitting on the seat like it's a favour for the next person. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 5:30 pm

^ Yep.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 6:47 pm

I confess that about 12 years ago when I volunteered in a charity shop and was on the till dealing with customers I pretended that I couldn't speak English, by using a foreign accent and acting like I only knew very few English words. I think it was because I struggled to interact properly with some of the customers so I thought I'd just pretend to be foreign instead.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 7:06 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I confess that about 12 years ago when I volunteered in a charity shop and was on the till dealing with customers I pretended that I couldn't speak English, by using a foreign accent and acting like I only knew very few English words. I think it was because I struggled to interact properly with some of the customers so I thought I'd just pretend to be foreign instead.

Genius!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Just knock your nest into the toilet and flush it when you're done. People at Honda would always leave their TP nest sitting on the seat like it's a favour for the next person. :roll:

My family always lined the seat with TP in a strange bathroom.Not because of the sensory issues ,but we never trusted strange bathrooms to be germ free.
Filling station bathrooms were always the worst back in the day.Maybe still are.
Luckily I live in a rural area with easy access to the woods.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:06 pm

One time, when I was about 12, my older brother wanted to have sex with his girlfriend. He locked me out of the apartment. I had to "go" badly.

So I went to the park which is associated with my apartment building, and went in the bushes there.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

My family always lined the seat with TP in a strange bathroom.Not because of the sensory issues ,but we never trusted strange bathrooms to be germ free.
Filling station bathrooms were always the worst back in the day.Maybe still are.

I've never looked at toilet paper and thought I could trust it to protect me from anything.
Anything. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:31 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I've never looked at toilet paper and thought I could trust it to protect me from anything.

It can if you use it right.It can be lethal.
https://www.corrections1.com/archive/ar ... orp55rdrY/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:44 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Well, if you'd like to sit on that be my guest. :lol: :P

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Well, if you'd like to sit on that be my guest. :lol: :P

I’ll use it to fight off large germs.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
One time, when I was about 12, my older brother wanted to have sex with his girlfriend. He locked me out of the apartment. I had to "go" badly.

So I went to the park which is associated with my apartment building, and went in the bushes there.

This is perfectly normal and natural. Before toilets, this is how everyone emptied their human bio-container.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 9:10 pm

When I was a teenager i used to permanently borrow library books and text books because i became personally attached to them, like they were...friends.
I still have my art textbook from highschool.