Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 1:01 pm

Mikah wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Like I said she often had a miserable sort of scowl, which I was always taught that was unattractive even if you are attractive

Smiling makes you more approachable, not more attractive, which is a different thing. It doesn't stop a lot of men, I've heard many (justified) complaints from women who are often told to "smile" by random men as though they were toddlers sulking.

My mum always taught me that smiling can be considered attractive (unless you have really bad teeth, which I haven't). When I was younger and wanted a boyfriend, my mum said to me not to scowl or grunt because men aren't going to look at me if I look miserable or angry. Instead they're going to look at happy girls who smile a lot. And she said nobody looks beautiful when they scowl. She said I am beautiful but when I smile I'm even better. I have learnt to be smiley and positive around people. It's not hard.

She's not a stereotypical goth, it's just that she dyes her hair black even though she's a natural blonde, wears black t-shirts and jeans.

I will have to say Fnord has won, with his explanation about her having a strong personality. That is probably the least contradicting answer to the mystery.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 4:04 pm

I've met women with vastly different personalities, some who are agreeable,some cold,some charismatic and strong some wild.

I have to say I do prefer the agreeable ones, having experienced all that. So if I met that
goth girl I wouldn't be interested at all.

So, your mom's advice isn't bad really.