housing authority inspection thing tomorrow

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 3:17 pm

This housing authority inspection thing tomorrow has me stressed to the max after the way last year went with the threat of eviction from the management's pre-inspection.

This year the authority didn't notify the management until they notified me, sent same letter on same date.

Now, cross-reference this with when in 1995 my physician, Dr. Marcia Foster, at the Humana Stadium Center told me to quit AT&T because, quote, "The part of your being which processes anything above the most minimal amount of stress is gone, burned out, simply not there any more. Get out of that job and do only low stress jobs from here on out."

So we have the memory of last year, with short notice, about 12 days, this year, with a body that's being difficult to get along with.

If the housing authority inspectors showed up right now I'd be seriously motivated to shout in their face so loud their ears would ring, and yes, in the 1980s a couple people did say I had yelled that loud, "No! I'm not playing your stupid games any more! Go to Hell!" and slam the door in their faces.

But ...

If ya want housing assistance ya kinda gotta play their game.

(and saying something about anything to people normally causes them to ask a bunch of questions which only cause more stress on top of the existing stress, so for the most part I don't say much about much any more)
(so why then am I saying this here?)
(the hell if I know)
(Grumman kitty just came in, Hey Grumman, any chance you might know why?)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 4:12 pm

Excellent luck tomorrow!

I'm sure you will do well; you've done well in the past.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 5:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm sure you will do well; you've done well in the past.

Much appreciated, thanks.

This stuff really, really, REALLY, pushes the cPTSD buttons what with my having had health crashes and lost job and income and been evicted and homeless a couple times in previous decades, which included having to surrender pets one time and being sexually assaulted once while homeless.

This is not those times.
This year is not last year.
And yet this has a full-throttle head-on collision with those times.