Venting about drug use and anxiety

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 5:47 am

I'll confess to lacking much personal experience but taking substances out of the equation will make the rest of this easier to deal with, however the only suggestion I can give to accomplish that would be to contact a 12 step program, at least they'd give you personal support. Their rules should discourage grooming. You are fortunate to have access to medication however the other substances probably cancel out the benefit. You should tell your therapist everything, this is not a situation for being self conscious. You need help and should ask for it, loudly!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 7:47 am

It sucks that you're in this place HoH, I'm very sorry and wish I could help.

You should certainly try to engage with your therapist on these issues which are seemingly related. You should not feel ashamed, most people find themselves relying on some sort of crutch to get through the day at some point in their lives. Asking for help is hard, for some reason. It shouldn't be, but it is. And you must.

Does CBD oil work for you I wonder? It should, as that's the part of the weed you're smoking that acts on your anxiety. I'm just thinking if you could reduce your anxiety without the intoxication element (THC) of the weed. It won't fix your issues but you might feel more in control of your situation, enough to take some steps towards a better resolution?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 12:11 pm

DuckHairback wrote:

You should certainly try to engage with your therapist on these issues which are seemingly related. You should not feel ashamed, most people find themselves relying on some sort of crutch to get through the day at some point in their lives. Asking for help is hard, for some reason. It shouldn't be, but it is. And you must.

Does CBD oil work for you I wonder? It should, as that's the part of the weed you're smoking that acts on your anxiety. I'm just thinking if you could reduce your anxiety without the intoxication element (THC) of the weed. It won't fix your issues but you might feel more in control of your situation, enough to take some steps towards a better resolution?

I've used CBD before and it didn't do much, but that doesn't mean that it won't now. Since I'm already wasting money on weed it wouldn't hurt to try using just CBD again. lol

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 1:47 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:

I've used CBD before and it didn't do much, but that doesn't mean that it won't now. Since I'm already wasting money on weed it wouldn't hurt to try using just CBD again. lol

I hope it helps. I find the effect is *very* subtle. It doesn't remove the anxiety, but it takes the edge off for me and makes it manageable. Also pay for the good stuff if you can afford it - quality varies a lot I find.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 1:58 pm

I get the full spectrum one for my restless leg syndrome and it works a treat for that. Sorry to drift a bit off topic HoH. But it does knock me out really quick as well.