Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 10:39 am

A lot of practical stuff you have to do….

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 10:44 am

My condolences, i am sorry for your loss.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 12:26 pm

I’m lucky I have a good sister-in-law. She’s done quite a bit of work.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 1:29 pm

Dear Kraftie , Sorry for the loss of Your Mom .... Hope you can hold fond memories of her in your mind . :D
Be nice to youself during this time of Mourning . :heart:

where ever you go ,there you are

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 9:42 pm

So sorry for your loss Kortie

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 9:54 pm

My condolences to you and your family Kraftie

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 5:57 am

Thank you, everyone.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 9:26 am

A moment like this will happen in all our lives sooner or later. I dread the day it happens to me.

Must be a hard time for you.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 3:06 am

:(

Sorry to hear. At least she's no longer suffering any pain or discomfort. And based on my own beliefs; she's taken her journey to a better place where you'll get to meet up with her again someday.. floating around in the ether, just pure consciousness without any of the constraints of burdens of the human form, time, or space. 8)

Aside: Not yet, but it's my father we're expecting to lose next. It's a race between the cancer and his heart to see which one takes the prize of his life.. but, so far so good with all medical interventions. He's got a pretty good attitude for a guy who knows he's on his way out slowly. Best the oncologist figures is that from this point, on average, people have a year -> but he's doing above average so might have more time to enjoy. That was music to my ears knowing he'll get another sunny season to go ride motorcycles and maybe take his classic car out or sell it asap and buy another one. Mentioning all this just to say I can relate having a parent on the way out from the big C.

In conclusion:

f**k cancer.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 3:14 am

:heart: :heart: :heart:

F Cancer in the biggest way possible.

My mum has it and my dad died from it. Everyone in my family on both sides has had it.

Prayers for your dad, Kortie’s mum, and the ethosphere.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 6:24 am

I hope Goldfish’s dad passes away without pain. Many years from now. Even better if there’s a “better place.”

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:19 am

goldfish21 wrote:
f**k cancer.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
F Cancer in the biggest way possible.

I concur.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:22 am

What’s f****d about cancer is that there’s frequently little or no symptoms until it gets very advanced.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope Goldfish’s dad passes away without pain. Many years from now. Even better if there’s a “better place.”

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I was surprised he made it to his most recent birthday in November, then Christmas and New Years based on how he was doing at the end of 2021. Now to be told that the cancer progress means he'll likely have at least another year - that's good news. But there's still the heart issue.. managed by medication and diet - but it can't go on forever, either. It's already been over a year with no procedure because his heart isn't strong enough to guarantee surviving it.. and long term survival after a rotoblation procedure is 2 years, sooooo... even if the cancer schedule says more than a year, it may be the longevity of his heart that cuts things short, realistically. Hopefully not, but, strictly medically speaking those are the facts SO as soon as the rains taper off it'll be time to get outside and ride motorcycles. This last Summer might end up being a bit slack for me - I wanna work, go kiteboarding, go to the beach etc But when I'm not Obligated to do something else if my dad wants to go riding then w/e $ and other things and people can wait until later.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What’s f****d about cancer is that there’s frequently little or no symptoms until it gets very advanced.

Was that the case with your mother? Kinda sudden/unexpected ? If so, I hope it was quick from detection to her last breath vs. drawn out suffering. Sometimes better that way, really. I mean, not a lot of visiting time etc, but better for the person that passed I mean.

I do wonder if cancer rates are really truly so much higher than ever Or if we're just better at detecting and treating it. (or both) There's probably more cancer due to stupid carcinogens we eat/breathe/touch and use in everything like morons, but, diagnostic technologies are also pretty amazing today. There's a good chance that many people who used to just "die of old age," or "die of sickness," had some sort of cancer that killed them and people just didn't have any knowledge about it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

and if people are proactive or hyper-vigilant with screening, doctors think they’re hypochondriacs.