Seriously, why is there so much Misogyny on WrongPlanet?!

Page 15 of 27 [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 27  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 9:45 pm

Pepe wrote:
There have been ppl openly advocating report spamming.
No names. :mrgreen:
I believe I did mention that it would simply make a lot more work for the mods, hence not a good idea.
I could find the post(s), assuming they aren't in the dungeon.

I'm pretty involved in L&D lately and I've never heard of an agenda for report spamming. I can tell you that honestly. Recently, we were encouraged to report problem behaviours with groomers etc., but I don't know of anyone who has seen that type of behaviour or reported anything since. I think a lot of people might feel paranoid about the topic especially now that we have this thread but really, the rules haven't changed and I don't know of anything that's happening out of the ordinary.

Another point I'd make though, is that the misogyny or misandry (sexism - including transphobia and homophobia) which was mentioned by the OP in this thread doesn't just happen in L&D when it happens. It's often in News because of stats that are published about marriage or dating. It's sometimes in The Haven even though we can't respond to those posts the same way we might in L&D. Sometimes it's in PPR, as we saw last summer with R v Wade. It's everywhere, when it does happen. It's not like it's only contained in L&D. Also, some people have said they checked out L&D and it looked OK going by thread titles, but unless you read every post in every thread we can't tell just by glancing at the titles or guessing what's inside.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 29 Mar 2023, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 9:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
Seeing as no one knows if any of their posts has been reported or just spotted by a mod it's not something worth living in your head rent-free.

I report every single one of my posts just to check if anyone else has. :mrgreen:
I make it a point to report all your posts, and yet, you’re still here. :chin:

Doesn't that make us a coalition? :mrgreen:

I guess it does. 8O

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 9:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
Seeing as no one knows if any of their posts has been reported or just spotted by a mod it's not something worth living in your head rent-free.

I report every single one of my posts just to check if anyone else has. :mrgreen:
I make it a point to report all your posts, and yet, you’re still here. :chin:

That means the skunk was right. 8O
There’s a first for everything. <joke> :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 9:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Jono wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are you an autistic guy/amab with accompanying hormones and the lack of social skills to obtain the sex you're biologically wired to seek?

If not, then you cannot possibly comprehend why so many autistic guys vent their frustrations about these things.

Perhaps, if you want autistic unity, you should be more sympathetic to their complaints rather than suggest they shouldn't have them because you don't like them.

IMO.

I can't tell if you're being serious or just trolling. Who exactly are you replying to?

I only read the OP, so, the OP.

They complain that sexless guys complain about being sexless guys, but unless you're a sexless guy you can't possibly comprehend why they complain. The only humans I've met that can truly see both sides of the coin are trans-masc guys on Testosterone HRT. Once they go from AFAB to Trans-Masc on T they have a true comprehension of the biological male's sexual urges and why sexless guys complain about not being able to obtain sex.

Others need to have these things explained to them because they cannot experience them.

I have been saying until I'm blue in the balls face that a major problem for young men is their testosterone levels.
Not rocket surgery.

"Men are from Mars."
Women have a problem understanding this.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:03 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I believe I did mention that it would simply make a lot more work for the mods, hence not a good idea.

I'm pretty involved in L&D lately and I've never heard of an agenda for report spamming.

I wasn't referring to L&D.
It was publically stated elsewhere.

But the strategy does exist.
It doesn't take that much effort, just a lot of hate.
I have no doubt that there are people reviewing every single post I make to find something they can complain about.
I wouldn't be the only one.

You may have noticed that I do get followed from forum to forum.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:17 pm

Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I'm pretty involved in L&D lately and I've never heard of an agenda for report spamming.

I wasn't referring to L&D.
It was publically stated elsewhere.

But the strategy does exist.
It doesn't take that much effort, just a lot of hate.
I have no doubt that there are people reviewing every single post I make to find something they can complain about.
I wouldn't be the only one.

You may have noticed that I do get followed from forum to forum.

Honestly -- I haven't noticed that.
I don't see anyone following you except for your interactions with Rexi.

I've had my share of trolls lately and over the years but I'm not feeling it now or recently.
It feels like WP got a lot of the bad energy out of its system somehow and things are calming down.

That's my take anyway.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Aaah, yes, nearly the entire animal kingdom is plagued by a dumb stereotype and not evolutionary biology. All of the males of species having to beautify themselves and impress females via various rituals in order to be selected as a mate are totally just them being plagued by a universal dumb stereotype and in objective reality females don't actually have the option of whether to hookup with them or not.

Glad that's totally cleared up!

What exactly do whiny, bitter misogynists have to do with evolutionary biology?

Are you saying it's evolutionary biology that makes some men buy into incorrect notions of how easy it is for all women to get laid?

It IS easier for women to get laid. Almost always, regardless of species, it's the male who does the pursuing and the female who decides whether or not to hook up with him.

This isn't opinion or bias, this is biological fact. Take a look around at the world or watch National Geographic for a while.

Things being easier for an entire category of people doesn't mean it's easier for every single individual within that category.

I'm pretty sure he didn't suggest that.

funeralxempire wrote:
Further, how one handles sexual frustration is important. You act like misogyny is the normal and inevitable result of straight males sexual frustration but have never actually supported this notion.

The point is, there are times when it isn't misogyny, just frustration and despair.

funeralxempire wrote:
Stomping your foot and declaring poor coping mechanisms to be biology amounts to admitting you don't understand what you're talking about. Coping mechanisms are learned behaviour, turning one's sexual frustrations into hatred is a learned behaviour, not biology.

Stomping your foot and ignoring the realities of life aren't helpful either.
Were you ever a young man?
And, no, I am not defending misogyny.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
1. I never said every last woman on Earth, but yes, women, in general, have their choice of when and who to F.

2. I never said I condoned extremism or hatred. I said I understand why these guys are sexually frustrated and vent about it.

No need to say this.
I posted the same after you did. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
1. I never said every last woman on Earth, but yes, women, in general, have their choice of when and who to F.

2. I never said I condoned extremism or hatred. I said I understand why these guys are sexually frustrated and vent about it.

It doesn't matter whether you claim to condone it or not though. Acting like hatred is a normal reaction to being sexually rejected is quite literally normalizing the behaviour.

Acting like the poor coping mechanism is normal, natural and inevitable amounts to condoning the coping mechanism.
Saying we need to have more understanding of those who display the poor coping mechanism amounts to condoning the coping mechanism.

Read our lips:
No one is saying that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:34 pm

Pepe wrote:
Were you ever a young man?

No, I went from being a young boy to being a geezer, nothing in between. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 1:13 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jono wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are you an autistic guy/amab with accompanying hormones and the lack of social skills to obtain the sex you're biologically wired to seek?

If not, then you cannot possibly comprehend why so many autistic guys vent their frustrations about these things.

Perhaps, if you want autistic unity, you should be more sympathetic to their complaints rather than suggest they shouldn't have them because you don't like them.

IMO.

I can't tell if you're being serious or just trolling. Who exactly are you replying to?

I only read the OP, so, the OP.

They complain that sexless guys complain about being sexless guys, but unless you're a sexless guy you can't possibly comprehend why they complain. The only humans I've met that can truly see both sides of the coin are trans-masc guys on Testosterone HRT. Once they go from AFAB to Trans-Masc on T they have a true comprehension of the biological male's sexual urges and why sexless guys complain about not being able to obtain sex.

Others need to have these things explained to them because they cannot experience them.

I have been saying until I'm blue in the balls face that a major problem for young men is their testosterone levels.
Not rocket surgery.

"Men are from Mars."
Women have a problem understanding this.

But I am from Titan.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 2:45 am

Apart from Boo ( :lol: ), most of us are human beings from the planet Earth. Men aren't from Mars; women aren't from Venus. We are people who aren't really that different from each other. Being lonely is difficult - I know something about that, but we can't blame other people for it. We can rant and complain about our loneliness in The Haven. However, it crosses a line when people make bitter posts about the "opposite" sex or when people dismiss the struggles of other genders.

Having "testosterone" is not a valid excuse for misogynistic ranting (or other forms of crummy behavior). If I feel like a post crosses a line, I will continue to report it. If it's not deemed problematic, nothing will be done about my report. People only need to worry about reporting if they are writing problematic posts/threads.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 3:22 am

Recidivist wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I'm not sure I know what you mean by report spamming. A post can only be reported once so no spamming can be done on a single post.
Do you mean some of a members posts are reported by a 'coalition' who target posts regardless of content?
I don't really see this as an issue except as you say - more work for the mods.

I'll get back to you on that, or we could discuss it by email. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 3:24 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

Doesn't EVERYONE do that due to rampant paranoia? 8O

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 3:59 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I'm pretty involved in L&D lately and I've never heard of an agenda for report spamming. I can tell you that honestly. Recently, we were encouraged to report problem behaviours with groomers etc., but I don't know of anyone who has seen that type of behaviour or reported anything since. I think a lot of people might feel paranoid about the topic especially now that we have this thread but really, the rules haven't changed and I don't know of anything that's happening out of the ordinary.

Another point I'd make though, is that the misogyny or misandry (sexism - including transphobia and homophobia) which was mentioned by the OP in this thread doesn't just happen in L&D when it happens. It's often in News because of stats that are published about marriage or dating. It's sometimes in The Haven even though we can't respond to those posts the same way we might in L&D. Sometimes it's in PPR, as we saw last summer with R v Wade. It's everywhere, when it does happen. It's not like it's only contained in L&D. Also, some people have said they checked out L&D and it looked OK going by thread titles, but unless you read every post in every thread we can't tell just by glancing at the titles or guessing what's inside.

Is it the same group of members doing this? On the topic of Roe v Wade, I'd imagine it might come from some conservative members like AngelRho.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 4:07 am

Jono wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Is it the same group of members doing this? On the topic of Roe v Wade, I'd imagine it might come from some conservative members like AngelRho.

There are definite cliques, yes.
No names. :silent: