Seriously, why is there so much Misogyny on WrongPlanet?!

Page 17 of 27 [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 9:24 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The bottom line, testosterone causes aggressive feelings that may be expressed verbally.
There is NO PHYSICAL aggression online.
Are we good now? :wink:

Were we not good? It's just debate.

I can't disagree with either of your statements here. I could take issue with the 'bottom line' part but my testosterone levels are very low today and I just can't get too worked up about it...

Reason prevails. 8)

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:01 am

Oh, well, if "testosterone!" is the problem, that's an easy "fix"...

It's somewhat telling, the way that MEN hormones are just supposed to be tolerated and give a pass, but WOMEN hormones are to be chastised, lamented, ridiculed, criticized, taken personally, and something should be done about it cos it's all their fault.

It's also revealing the way the room is still full of "women don't know man problems!", but that doesn't stop the men from telling the women who they are and what they should think and be and do - including how they should respond to creepy men with no self-control.

I daresay that enough men make their "testosterone!" a problem for women, too, that women just might have an idea of what they're talking about.

Not to mention that when men chime in on "man problems", suddenly their opinion doesn't count either, when they disagree with "muh biology!" or "muh testy-tosteroney!"

Some members are half-right, in that this problem isn't unique to WP. But that still doesn't make it ok, or any less of a problem, despite attempts to normalize the behavior with comments like "boys will be boys!" or "it's just biology!" or similar tripe.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:07 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
It's somewhat telling, the way that MEN hormones are just supposed to be tolerated and give a pass, but WOMEN hormones are to be chastised, lamented, ridiculed, criticized, taken personally, and something should be done about it cos it's all their fault.

It's also revealing the way the room is still full of "women don't know man problems!", but that doesn't stop the men from telling the women who they are and what they should think and be and do - including how they should respond to creepy men with no self-control.

I daresay that enough men make their "testosterone!" a problem for women, too, that women just might have an idea of what they're talking about.

Not to mention that when men chime in on "man problems", suddenly their opinion doesn't count either, when they disagree with "muh biology!" or "muh testy-tosteroney!"

Some members are half-right, in that this problem isn't unique to WP. But that still doesn't make it ok, or any less of a problem, despite attempts to normalize the behavior with comments like "boys will be boys!" or "it's just biology!" or similar tripe.

Sometimes posts on WP makes me wish I was a lesbian, or simply aro&ace. And some posts, thankfully, remind me that I shouldn't judge the whole basket due to one or two apples. This post was one of the later. Thank you.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:09 am

Been on a few women's ones and they were the exact. "Oh, that's your typical neurotypical, cis white boy for ya". A lot of them referred to this very one as "that's where all the cis white boys go!"

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

30 Mar 2023, 10:19 am

Pepe wrote:
Jono wrote:

Is it the same group of members doing this? On the topic of Roe v Wade, I'd imagine it might come from some conservative members like AngelRho.

There are definite cliques, yes.
No names. :silent:

Nobody has denied that WP has been split in two sides on multiple matters, like this thread subject for example. We have mods of very different and perhaps strong political views, and with different opinions. You're not going to have the same answer from all of them. However they take multiple matters seriously.

The thing is one side has visibly caused the other to leave and not be able to stand up for themselves, or even use the same benefits due to fear, and false pretense of the other side of being friends with the mods. That's not so fair to anyone, and if they truly believe in protecting the vulnerable WP then they'd reasonably do what's right for all of the members of wp once they can accept what that has been and can be causing to such a vast amount of the forum, and affecting the forum popularity and safety beyond, for new joining members.

There are not many communities out there for the spectrum with enough benefits offered, autistic people deserve to feel accepted here the same as anyone else.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:20 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Venting because you feel bad is allowed, attacking others because you feel bad is not.

Agreed.
There is venting, and then there is venting.
Once again, attacking a person could generate an official warning if it is reported.
Attacking an entire group is not allowed, either.

Be proactive.
If it is a genuine personal attack/misogyny, hit the report button.
We don't need that here.
Simples. 8)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:44 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jono wrote:

Is it the same group of members doing this? On the topic of Roe v Wade, I'd imagine it might come from some conservative members like AngelRho.

Nobody has denied that WP has been split in two sides on multiple matters, like this thread subject for example. We have mods of very different and perhaps strong political views, and with different opinions. You're not going to have the same answer from all of them. However they take multiple matters seriously.

The thing is one side has visibly caused the other to leave and not be able to stand up for themselves, or even use the same benefits due to fear, and false pretense of the other side of being friends with the mods. That's not so fair to anyone, and if they truly believe in protecting the vulnerable WP then they'd reasonably do what's right for all of the members of wp once they can accept what that has been and can be causing to such a vast amount of the forum, and affecting the forum popularity and safety beyond, for new joining members.

There are not many communities out there for the spectrum with enough benefits offered, autistic people deserve to feel accepted here the same as anyone else.

I have no idea what you're referring to. Two sides of what? I haven't seen that, and I'm sure there are many people on this site who aren't involved in "sides" on this thread, or any "sides" on any issue. People keep saying there are "sides" and "cliques" and "gangs" and I'm getting really frustrated. What are you all on about? Please do tell because it's getting old. No one is out to get anyone. The only person I know who has left is WAI. I'm concerned about her but I don't want to speak on her behalf or behind her back when she's not here to speak up for herself. To the best of my knowledge there are no "sides" conspiring to make her feel excluded, and she's not on a "side" herself. She's a human being like the rest of us. Can we please stop talking about "sides" and conspiracies and cliques, and talk about ways to help all people feel included?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 11:19 am

Quote:
Can we please stop talking about "sides" and conspiracies and cliques, and talk about ways to help all people feel included?

Yes, I second this. Some people are going to have similar opinions about some things. It doesn’t mean they are part of a clique or have some secret agenda.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 11:27 am

Fireblossom wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:

Sometimes posts on WP makes me wish I was a lesbian, or simply aro&ace. And some posts, thankfully, remind me that I shouldn't judge the whole basket due to one or two apples. This post was one of the later. Thank you.

Agreed :heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 11:39 am

Rexi wrote:

I just had time to read this more closely.
A "side" has left? Which "side" left due to fear and false pretences?

Which side is friends with the mods?
I'm unaware of Walrus, Enviro, or magz having "side" groups of friends.
They don't even post very often or interact with the membership.
CF is the only active mod most of the time.
His job is to wade through reports and enforce rules set by Alex.
There's very little wiggle room for him to be joining any cliques.
He has to be accountable for all of his decisions based on evidence.

Are you saying he's biased or people can manipulate him?
Are you saying he isn't doing his job properly?
If you have such serious concerns I hope you address them privately.

"Vulnerable members":

We're all vulnerable if we're autistic. That's our commonality.
Beyond that I believe gay, trans, and POC members are especially vulnerable.
I'm glad you agree those members may need additional support.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Mar 2023, 4:37 pm

Pepe wrote:
There have been ppl openly advocating report spamming.
No names. :mrgreen:
I believe I did mention that it would simply make a lot more work for the mods, hence not a good idea.
I could find the post(s), assuming they aren't in the dungeon.
Please PM in confidence with links to posts openly advocating report spamming.

What's not a good idea is to not report something you ordinarily would have done, for fear of creating more work for us.

Pepe wrote:
I wasn't referring to L&D.
It was publically stated elsewhere.
Where?

Quote:
You may have noticed that I do get followed from forum to forum.
Who by?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Mar 2023, 4:45 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
^ There are places for incels to vent outside of WP.
And they can take their various colored pills with them.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 5:15 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
^ There are places for incels to vent outside of WP.
And they can take their various colored pills with them.

I wouldn’t want them to leave any behind.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 5:26 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
Been on a few women's ones and they were the exact. "Oh, that's your typical neurotypical, cis white boy for ya". A lot of them referred to this very one as "that's where all the cis white boys go!"

Yep.
It is easier to stereotype.
Nature of the human beast.

Gender wars.
What can you do?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 5:30 pm

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jono wrote:

I wouldn't be a mod in a pink fit.
Too much responsibility. 8)

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

31 Mar 2023, 2:42 am

<<"Pills" feature prominently in the online chat rooms and forums dedicated to right-wing extremism. These are not actual pharmaceuticals; instead, each “pill” sends a message about a person’s level of dedication to an extremist ideology or cause. Are they just beginning to learn about an ideology, or have they progressed further to embrace a potentially violent mindset?

In posts about American political parties, the red pill generally refers to the GOP, while the blue pill is aligned with the Democratic Party.

For white supremacists, the redpill encourages political activism and fighting an anti-white system. For incels it means trying to be more attractive in an effort to join the 20% of men who get women. In this context, the red pill is almost optimistic. The world is unfair, and the odds are stacked against you, but you can fight back.>>

Basically things go to the pill of shooting, depending on what a person's belief is, as a resulted "fix."

But the same is true of feminists, left extremists and their own pills, ideologies and down to a violent mindset.

Spectrum people tend to lean towards extremist beliefs, unfortunately. As they are more clear and defined.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.