Are you very attached to your pets?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 10:42 am

I would have to say, Archie my cat is like a friend maybe not in the human sense as, he does not talk but, atleast he never gets angry when I act weird or do something out of the norm as meaning such..

ProfessorX

nonicknamedamnit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2008, 10:28 am

I prefer my cats to all people, except my sister and my best friend. Although, once my sister asked me who I would save from a speeding runaway car if I could only save one, her or my Cat, and I said I'd throw myself in front of it, since I couldn't bear to live without either one of them.( which I thought was politic since I REALLY couldn't decide, which she seemed to sense anyway, because she became a little miffed. Why do people ask questions they don't want the answer to? I really don't lie; I can't see why people feel the need to be "nice"...) 8)

nonicknamedamnit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2008, 10:34 am

OH, YEAH---the actual point of my post: I'm very sorry about your dog!! I had a leukemic cat I had to euthanize after 2 years of fighting death--she was ready, but I was not--which she seemed to sense, because, as the vet was sliding in the needle, she leaned her head over and gave me a gentle love bite. I admired and loved that cat as much as I have ever admired or loved anyone---I know you are suffering! Don't let anyone make you feel silly or weak for grieving " just a dog "---if they can't understand your grief, it's their loss. Be brave---I'll be thinking of you!

nonicknamedamnit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2008, 10:37 am

great news about your dog's improvement!! :D

AliceinOz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Feb 2008, 2:21 am

nonicknamedamnit wrote:
great news about your dog's improvement!! :D

Thanks, I'm really relieved and pleased - and I'm sure she's feeling better too. She is my Dora Dog - (not a dora bull (adorable) - a dora dog) ;)

sliver
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2008, 8:53 pm

My American Bulldog lily is my life! Lily has an injured ligament. When a ligament goes it is not uncommon for the second one to go as well. There are TONS of alternatives to euthanasia to treat this with!! ! There are 3 different surgeries that are very successful. There is also a non surgical approach called conservative management or CM there is a CM yahoo group you can join for more info. Also go to Yahoo and join Yahoo Orthodogs there is a lot of support and info there. Everything on supplements to braces to the 3 types of surgery which suit different weights of dogs. The folks there can also guide you to sites where you can get financial aid if you are poor and your dog needs surgery.

Shastania
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 1:56 pm

I love my dogs so much more than most people I know. In particular, I loved Chloe. She was my whole world-my fluff baby, as I used to call her. She was a non-pedigree Japanese Spitz and looked like an Artic Snow Fox.

She had the best temperment and personality of any dog I've ever met:
She never,not once in the 13 and a half years I had her, bit anyone out of spite. Sure, she had a few playful nips as a puppy but other than that, she prefered to give people a thourough licking.

She'd instinctively know if I was feel depressed and everytime I cried, she'd jump into my lap and put her paws on either of my shoulders before licking away my tears.

She was my best friend, my confidante and my greatest partner in crime. She gave me 13 years of loyal devotian, friendship, happy memories and enough shed hair to stuff a mattress.
All she ever asked in return was a nice long belly scratch and the occasional marrow bone treat every once in a while.

I loved her more than I could ever love a human being for she was always there for me through thick and thin, my constant companion and warmer of toes on a cold winter's night when she'd sleep at the end of my bed.

She passed away last December following a liteny of ill health and even now, I still feel utterly devestated by the fact that she's no longer here.

My other dog-a four year old Jack Russell- is slowly endearing herself to me a little at a time but it's not the same. Millie will never be as loyal or kind-hearted as my sweet Chloe and it breaks my heart that I'll never see her furry grin again or have her jump into my arms when I come home.

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2008, 6:14 pm

I tend to be more tolerant and sympathetic towards animals. I literally wouldn't hurt a fly.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 3:06 pm

Deleted

Last edited by spudnik on 15 Aug 2008, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2008, 9:49 am

Yes, if I didn't have my dog a huge chunk of my life would be missing.