Who is feeling suicidal?

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 7:24 pm

A serious topic

Please note: If anyone is experiencing these feelings right now, I would urge them to seek help at the nearest hospital emergency room.

THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 1:15 am

BenYoung wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I am suicidal, as of yesterday.

I was hoping things would work out better for you.

I am still hurting because of my recent rejection.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 2:06 am

I think I'm feeling more homicidal than suicidal

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2008, 9:14 pm

sartresue wrote:
A serious topic

Please note: If anyone is experiencing these feelings right now, I would urge them to seek help at the nearest hospital emergency room.

THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER.

Assuming you're reading this at your PC, this might be faster:
http://www.suicideforum.com

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

Redders
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2008, 9:28 pm

I have a friend that seems to be... whenever someone's tried helping him out, he's shrugged them off and violently blasted out at them. When I gave words of advice... nothing. He said nothing. Didn't do anything. I don't know whether that means he's trying to ignore me or if I said something that struck a chord and might make him wake up and smell the coffee.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

I am...sick of being depressed and anxious and Autistic. Won't act on it though...

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2008, 9:17 pm

FleaCircus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2008, 9:20 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA[/youtube]

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2008, 9:29 pm

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2008, 9:30 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqEPgRc6IE[/youtube]

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 11:54 pm

I don't really remember what it's like to not have the overwhelming urge to commit suicide. It's been about 15 years, more than half my life. In some sense I suppose that I've gotten use to feeling like this, which makes it even worse. The relentless pain is not enough to push me over the edge anymore, so I just take it. I keep going on. I keep wishing for something to push me over the edge, just so I can feel relief.

The loneliness is unbearable. I keep trying to find love, but have been rejected every time. I feel like there is nothing left for me to accomplish in this life, and if love is an impossibility, then why not?

SSRI's seem like a good idea right now, although I've never believed in them. But, if they work, I'll feel relief. If they push me over the edge, which it seems like they are also prone to initiating, I'll feel relief. Seems like a win win situation to me.

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2008, 3:29 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPVfa9UmoO4[/youtube]

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 12:08 pm

When I used to drink, I was hopitalized many times for suicidal attempts.

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2008, 9:20 pm

It's something I've always toyed with in my head. The last year and a half was actually the only time since may be 13 or 14 where I didn't think about it. I was happily in love and for the first time in life I was actually looking forward to my future. She left me just this week, and I am devastated. All those old feelings came rushing back to me, she hasn't even moved out yet and I already feel so alone, I don't know what I'll do when she's gone. I have never feared death, I have always welcomed it.

If I didn't have a great family to leave behind, I'd do it without hesitation. I also know I'd destroy my ex if I did it, she had a friend do it years ago and it still affects her to this day. I just wish there was some way I could quietly slip out of this existence, I don't want to endure the pain that is set out before me.

But in the end I'm forced to carry on. I'd rather suffer a lifetime then make my loved ones suffer in theirs.

WilsonFisk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Feb 2008, 6:51 pm

autisticon wrote:
It's something I've always toyed with in my head. The last year and a half was actually the only time since may be 13 or 14 where I didn't think about it. I was happily in love and for the first time in life I was actually looking forward to my future. She left me just this week, and I am devastated. All those old feelings came rushing back to me, she hasn't even moved out yet and I already feel so alone, I don't know what I'll do when she's gone. I have never feared death, I have always welcomed it.

If I didn't have a great family to leave behind, I'd do it without hesitation. I also know I'd destroy my ex if I did it, she had a friend do it years ago and it still affects her to this day. I just wish there was some way I could quietly slip out of this existence, I don't want to endure the pain that is set out before me.

But in the end I'm forced to carry on. I'd rather suffer a lifetime then make my loved ones suffer in theirs.

Why prolong your own suffering to spare others a relaively puny amount of grief? It's your life, your misery, your choice.

Hachiko
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Feb 2008, 11:08 pm

Mw99 wrote:
I've never been serious about committing suicide, or at the brink of seriously contemplating the option of doing it, but I often find myself fantasizing about the afterlife. The problem is, as soon as I get too carried away by my fantasies, the rational part of my brain kicks in and reminds me that after death I cease to exist and there is no 'me' anymore. That is, no feelings of tranquility and absolutely nothing after death. Rationality dictates that death is going back to the way it was before birth: nothingness. Since I still can't come up with a reason why nothingness is better than somethingness, and since I don't plan to delude myself with some religion that promises life after death, I plan to remain alive and hopefully well until I die of a disease, an accident, murder or old age.

Does anyone identify?

I identify totally.
I feel insignificant like if I were to die tommorrow no one would really care.
I feel liek just a speck of matter on a planet filled with the same matter.
I feel like despensible like soap. :(