Car dead and may lose new job

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 9:00 pm

My car was never fully fixed by the shop so it can and does die randomly so I can't drive it anymore .

So I got new job that part time but they scheduled me for 32 hours with 3 7.75 hour days , I really can't handle more then 6 hour shifts and on top of that the job is sitting in a room alone with hardly any customers and nothing to do. Which as you might guess is hell for someone with adhd. I was hoping I could put up with it long enough to transfer to the more busy and people interactive gun area(which I have a lot of interest and knowledge in) which I though I could do at 14-20 hours a week but 8 hour shifts back to back burn me out. I do those at the book store but then get months off in which to recover. I fear if I work it constantly I'll have a break down not to mention I'll lose my ssi and when or if they nock my hours down (hire new people) I'll be screwed as it will take years to get back on if ever. So then I'll be homeless

The more I make the less I actually make on top of it. So at 14-20 hours I might make 20-40 a month but at 32 I'll be making loan payments and credit taking 25% along with losing my food stamps$150 so take that from the 40 and bus pass is $25 a month til I lose my disability pass then it
It'll be 60 a month I never should have looked for work :'( I'm shaking and feel like vomiting

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm

quit right away if they won't cut your hours.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 11:06 pm

cathylynn wrote:
quit right away if they won't cut your hours.

I hope they do, I like the company and would like to work here for long time, they'll open 12 hours a day 7 days a week and only have 3 people for my area
They offer ok discounts to employees on lots of products but I need to think long term survial of me and my family first

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 2:15 am

Try explaining your situation with your employer

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 1:27 pm

It's a conservative company so they may fire me if they find out I'm on what right calls welfar or sucking the tit of the government. :s

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 1:37 pm

Will you be able to survive if you get fired?
/e: I especially mean keep welfare, but survival in general too ofc.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 3:38 pm

Earthling wrote:

Yes provided I don't make too much before I get fired. Think I can only have 4 months in 1-2 years where're I make so much before I get kicked off for good. :s

I'll still be a worthless unloveable person though but I currently still I'm I guess.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 6:48 pm

Whats wrong with your car? What kind of car is it, what motor is in it, and what's it doing and what have you checked?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 6:51 pm

sly279 wrote:
Earthling wrote:

Yes provided I don't make too much before I get fired. Think I can only have 4 months in 1-2 years where're I make so much before I get kicked off for good. :s

Then ask your conservative company for what you want. You've got nothing to lose. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:00 pm

I'm sure Olive Oil can fix it!

Or at least send somebody--that would be swell of her!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm sure Olive Oil can fix it!

Or at least send somebody--that would be swell of her!

No, haven't worked on a car in years and years, and never on a fuel injected car. I was going to give him some ideas of where to start looking for the problem. If it's f****d up as it is, then he can't do much harm in trying to work on it. That's how you learn to work on cars, fixing yours when it messes up. The old American cars were much easier to work on though, but you can google s**t about the newer ones if need be.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:13 pm

I think it's much harder when it involves computerized things....come to think of it.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think it's much harder when it involves computerized things....come to think of it.

EVERYTHING is computerized now. I hate it. I miss the days of being able to bang on something with a crescent wrench to get to where you were going. Or fixing s**t with duct tape, WD40, black pepper, and permatex. Back when you didn't have to have metric tools. When you could work on your car with nothing but a tool set from Sears. When the fanciest thing anybody had was a timing light or a torque wrench.

Sigh.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Whats wrong with your car? What kind of car is it, what motor is in it, and what's it doing and what have you checked?

94 Corolla it dies and refuses to start. Same problem that shop said existed but couldn't fix and gave back . They couldn't fix because every time it did it they'd take days to look at it by which time it ran fine . Insurance won't pay the $60 it cost to tow it anymore

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 8:36 pm

sly279 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

94 Corolla it dies and refuses to start. Same problem that shop said existed but couldn't fix and gave back . They couldn't fix because every time it did it they'd take days to look at it by which time it ran fine . Insurance won't pay the $60 it cost to tow it anymore

My daughter has one of those. What did they say is wrong with it? Starter, fuel pump? I can't remember if that one is fuel injected or there is a carb. Which is it? Those aren't hard to work on and you don't need a computer to do it. Finding parts may be the hardest thing, but you can usually find something at a junk yard and if you go take the part off yourself it's much cheaper. You can find out how to replace the part by Googling it or looking at YouTube. Also, look at Chilton's.

What did the shop say is wrong with it?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 10:03 pm

They don't know because they'd always wait too long to look at it so they just parked it in the back til I picked it up. I think it's the new rotor or cap they put in. It never had this problem before they replaced the part.