Does anyone else have trouble crying?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

Like when i am in a situation and i am upset or sad or heartbroken i wont cry i may sob once or twice or my throat closes up. i may have a tear fall or if its really bad ill cry for like a few minutes then logic makes me stop. its like my brain comforts itself. But then my friends mainly girls will cry for like hours and then they look at me sitting there watching them. or when im dating a girl or talking to my friend about something that upsets me or them they will start to cry and i will just stare blankly. i know why they are crying but i don't see how they can't just talk about how they feel without crying?

This is especially bad if i have to end a relationship or something and i don't seem to be upset at all. It seems i really only cry when i am overwhelmed or frustrated but never for emotional reasons. I say never more like ill cry hard 3 times a year. assuming i go to a funeral. i only remember crying 3 times last year once at a funeral once when a girl i really like invited me to her wedding and once when someone provoked me into a mental break down to observe me....

This is very bothersome to me because i feel like crying all the time but i just zone out and stare at things and get really sad or depressed but even though i feel to sad to get out of bed, I actually can't stay in bed i keep moving on through my day feeling like i wanna get in bed but because im not crying i feel like i am not able to communicate to people how bad i feel. Im not great with words but even those nonverbal things seem to not work to communicate.

Does anyone else feel similar to this?

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 6:30 pm

I cry sometimes, but in a sentimental sort of way. When I'm really sad I just feel cold inside, or maybe an angry bitterness.

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2013, 6:50 pm

I tear up more in sentimnetal movies or ones with bravery and valor. more than i do in my life. books too

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2013, 8:15 pm

I cry all the time. Well, not all the time, but at least once a day. For no good reason. Or maybe because I am deeply unhappy but refuse to admit it?
But I never ever cry in front of people. I don't think I have since I was a small child.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 8:34 pm

To the OP, do you only have this problem around other people?

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm

Fairly rarely and if I'm deeply 'unhappy' about something, I'll cry for between 10 to maybe 30 seconds even if it's an outright sobbing, then it'll shut off like a switch. It doesn't fadeout, it just goes *click* and off go the waterworks!

So that doesn't sound too weird to me, I reckon.

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2013, 9:35 pm

I wish i could get the quoting right but....
@1401b: It is like that for me too i will feel really bad like i am building up to falling apart ills tart to cry then my brain goes "its not like crying will help," or something and it stops. I still feel sad and miserable but i just zone out.

@seaturtleisland: Both around others and by myself. Like when my friend/ neighbor/ guy i felt like was a brother to me, died in Afghanistan at his funeral right before they put him in the ground i cried and fell to my knees and sobbed for like 2 minutes in front of everyone then got up and felt like i had run over by a horse for a week but i didn't cry much. occasionally ill think of him and choke up my my nose hurts and throat closes maybe a tear but not full crying.

So when i get upset like driving from somewhere ill suddenly feel overwhelming depression and loneliness and start to have that pain in my nose and throat a tear or two will fall and then it will stop like no matter how sad i feel the tears wont come but i just sit there in silence starring... i admit this is very bad thing to happen when driving.

I had one person tell me i handle most of my pain by crying but i dont actually cry i do something called like dry crying where tears don't come but you just kinda shut down for a while. but i am not sure how technical it is or if it is a spectrum thing or not.

chibi555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2013, 2:09 am

The last time I cried was a month ago. It was the first time in five years I had cried and I only did it cause I was having a melt down. The last time I cried before that was when I found out my grandma had died. :( I was in shock for a little bit after I found out, and by the fact that my other grandmother had known the whole time and kept it from me (along with a whole lot of other things). So, when I cried (for I don't know how long) I was alone in my room, not wanting to show any weakness to my grandmother (who I really didn't trust at that point). I never cried after that because 1. nothing ever came close to making me feel as sad as I did that day, and 2. I didn't want to give people the satisfaction of me crying or making a scene Although when I'm sad my throat swells a little and starts to hurt, but that's it.

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2013, 8:50 am

Perhaps its something with not letting myself do that but i really tend to fight the world not just other people so i feel embarrassed even if life is able to do that doesn't mater if people see

Mishra2012
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2013, 1:18 pm

I don't cry as easily as most people would in various sad or traumatic situations. I had a hard time crying growing up and was told I was 'the devil" and what not... I was a screamer and runner... I have rare episodes of selective mutism, it was worse before but I think some how crying has helped. I even think displays of anger and rage would help me... haven't had the balls to try it yet.

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2013, 1:59 pm

Gosh yes i wish i could angry or something but i am afraid of it going to far so i am just really passive aggressive.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 10:51 am

I have a very hard time crying. There are things that know I want to cry for and can't. When I had to put one of the dogs to down due to cancer, I wanted to cry, but it took me nearly six months to finally get there. I was not in denial, I wanted to morn, but I was just empty inside.

This delayed reaction happens all the time with all sorts of things. Sometimes the delay is hours, sometimes weeks, months, even years.

It can take me a very long time to get over anthing.

I don't like this about myself.

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jun 2013, 1:15 pm

I have cried imediatly after somethings but its like i feel sad all the time but then i think about it and choke up like waves or something. Is it a spectrum thing?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 1:29 pm

When I want to cry and try to it won't never happen, despite of my enormous efforts.

But when the last thing I should ever do at that moment is actually crying, then it's too late.

And I'm a guy.

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jun 2013, 1:56 pm

Yes. Generally i cry when i get over whelmed due to stress or sensory issues. even when i am in a relationship or having a conversation with a person in authority and i can't understand why something is going on. I have to meet the husband of the girl i liked for 6 years. thought we were going to be together then she stopped talking to me and got married and pregnant. but i lent her some movies and he wont let us talk so i have to meet and "talk to him" in order to get my movies i am afraid i will start crying

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2013, 7:47 am

zarok wrote:
Like when i am in a situation and i am upset or sad or heartbroken i wont cry i may sob once or twice or my throat closes up. i may have a tear fall or if its really bad ill cry for like a few minutes then logic makes me stop.
Does anyone else feel similar to this?

That is what happens to me actually. My body also seems to automatically trigger a yawn after a few tears and that yawn somehow flushes out any other feeling of wanting to cry or sob or whatever.