First appointment with my psychiatrist today, and I hate him

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 9:29 am

about ten percent of " mental health proffesionals" are known to have made inapropriate advances on there clients. Do you need the dx for disablility or are looking for treatment. If your looking for a dx go to a nueropsych.

Lose the psychiatrist and all psychiatrists reall quick. They woe and misery and suffering and disease and disability and death in their wake. im not exagerating.

If your looking for treatment go to a psychologist and/or natuorpath/homeopath/traditional chinese medical practicinor and look into mindfullness based stress reduction as well as yoga and tai chi.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2008, 1:07 pm

I saw our local NHS trick cyclist (UK) abt three years ago when I had an episode to do with heightened chi from acupuncture, being contacted by my sh***y mother and far too much self administered chinese herbal teas. I was attacked on all sides!

He never told me I was to have the 'timed hour'. I only got to just past three and a half! Well actually I did give a general resume, s**t parents, moving house and school needlessly, at seven I was by then at my third school and imobile with anxiety. Eight years later I was refusing to talk - fun huh? Loads more, Dad died, only child kicked into digs then kicked out of there eleven months later. Luckily the hand of God provided my future wife. Work was hell, had to leave at twenty five to be self employed, no choice.

Point is - the trick cyclist an older wiser man refused to say I was aspi - yet to my reading and speaking with websis in Hudson Valley I'm aspi most certainly! He annoyed me by having his notes typed up. Thing is. he jumped thro the hoops as was expected of him and fulfilled his role, tho was that accurate and true - I dunno. I can get a bit annoyed at times - what if I injured or killed someone? Its not beyond the realms iof possibility when I am angry. Final word - dozy s**t.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 2:58 am

Please find another psychiatrist immediately!! !! I had the same experience years ago. I called up a psychologist years ago to make an appointment to get help. She was rude and did not have shred of compassion. This made me terrified of attempting to seek another psychologist.

It has been years since that incident and I have found a wonderful psychologist who is extremely helpful and caring. I only wish that that first incident never happened, otherwise I would have had sought sooner.

Find someone who you feel comfortable with, and who genuinely cares about you. They may be hard to find; but they do exist. Don't stop until you find the right doctor for you!

Good luck!