How many people have been banned from other forums on here?

Page 4 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 6:46 pm

Actually, I did read all of what he posted. I just dont agree with the things he was saying, and I wrote that I could see how the people on the board he was on had got upset by what he was writing, especially when it was such a sensitive topic.

Taking a break.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 7:06 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
Actually, I did read all of what he posted. I just dont agree with the things he was saying, and I wrote that I could see how the people on the board he was on had got upset by what he was writing, especially when it was such a sensitive topic.

...... I had written something here but I really don't feel like arguing anymore.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:22 pm

I dont feel like arguing either. I have also been in situations where I have been evicted from things, though in real life, not online. I was nearly expelled from school when I was 12 over defamation I was involved in- I had repeated things I had heard not fully understanding the implications of what I was saying, though I knew what I was saying was bad, I just didnt know the extent. The things I had said were untrue anyway, I thought they were true because I couldnt recognise when people were lying to me. A teacher nearly lost his job because of me.

My point is that sometimes we do cause actual trouble while out there in the world, and it needs to be examined, not swept under the rug.

Taking a break.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 7:25 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
I dont feel like arguing either. I have also been in situations where I have been evicted from things, though in real life, not online. I was nearly expelled from school when I was 12 over defamation I was involved in- I had repeated things I had heard not fully understanding the implications of what I was saying, though I knew what I was saying was bad, I just didnt know the extent. The things I had said were untrue anyway, I thought they were true because I couldnt recognise when people were lying to me. A teacher nearly lost his job because of me.

My point is that sometimes we do cause actual trouble while out there in the world, and it needs to be examined, not swept under the rug.

Well the people on that site didn't examine it. lol They kind of just crucified him.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:36 pm

Fossy wrote:
Well yeah but she/he basically didn't read all of what you posted and I hate that.... I was annoyed that she/he just judged you like that when you were trying to make me feel better, and thanks by the way. Everyone has helped.

EDIT: I'm the OP. :)

Cool then 8)

Society is so biased it's not even funny...

Guy 1: "But we're free!"
Guy 2: "O RLY! *x,y,z*
Guy 1: "You sick f**k/degenerate/etc"
Guy 2: "Hipocrite"

One of the reasons I'm happy to be a /b/tard and TOTSEan, that s**t won't fly there 8)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:38 pm

zen_mistress wrote:

heh. Yeah. I discovered that Social Stigma and Taboo there. Now I realize it's BS and try to destroy it! (on friendly sites)

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:43 pm

Fossy wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

Well the people on that site didn't examine it. lol They kind of just crucified him.

NTs can have an instinctive, knee-jerk reaction to things, especially a group of them. I would rather they examined things more deeply, but they are how they are. They cant be changed any more than we can be cured.

Taking a break.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:52 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
NTs can have an instinctive, knee-jerk reaction to things, especially a group of them. I would rather they examined things more deeply, but they are how they are. They cant be changed any more than we can be cured.

a funny thing is..... that site's full of Scientists and Engineers. They do calculations and analyze Science Fiction...scientifically and mathematically. LOL. :P

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 8:08 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
Fossy wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

Well I'm really glad I'm not NT then. Sorry if that sounds ignorant but I'd hate to be that close minded.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:12 pm

Fossy wrote:
Well I'm really glad I'm not NT then. Sorry if that sounds ignorant but I'd hate to be that close minded.

not ALL NTs are like that. Many groups of them have issues with the Society and its' hipocrisy as well.

EDIT: Hmm...a decent amount, not 'many'. There are many Fringe and Pariah groups in the Societies of Earth and I suggest forming an Alliance of them to fight the mainstream!

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:16 pm

Warsie wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

a funny thing is..... that site's full of Scientists and Engineers. They do calculations and analyze Science Fiction...scientifically and mathematically. LOL. :P

There were a bunch of handymen here yesterday. They deal with technical stuff, but I could see the NTness very plainly.. the male brain usually does have as many mirror cells as a female brain.

I think though, when it comes to children, most humans, including autistics, will turn into tigers and tigresses to protect their own.

Taking a break.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:21 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
There were a bunch of handymen here yesterday. They deal with technical stuff, but I could see the NTness very plainly.. the male brain usually does have as many mirror cells as a female brain.

Well nerds are people too 8)

Reminds me of Space Battleship Yamato, the Chief Engineer Sanada says Science is a way to advance humanity, a tool. He doesn't say it's the only thing out there. He wanted to be a painter when he was younger

Quote:
I think though, when it comes to children, most humans, including autistics, will turn into tigers and tigresses to protect their own.

Heh. History says that.

"Our youth are going crazy from weed!"
"Quick, ban marijuana!"

"Rock Music is Satanic!"
"Quick, let's fight Rock Music!"

"We can't let them curse on the internet, Think of the Children!"
"Right, let's arm the FCC!"

EDIT: about the mirror neuron...wiki says

Quote:
Autism

Some researchers claim there is a link between mirror neuron deficiency and autism. In typical children, EEG recordings from motor areas are suppressed when the child watches another person move, and this is believed to be an index of mirror neuron activity. However, this suppression is not seen in children with autism.[32] Also, children with autism have less activity in mirror neuron regions of the brain when imitating.[33] Finally, anatomical differences have been found in the mirror neuron related brain areas in adults with autism spectrum disorders, compared to non-autistic adults. All these cortical areas were thinner and the degree of thinning was correlated with autism symptom severity, a correlation nearly restricted to these brain regions.[34] Based on these results, some researchers claim that autism is caused by a lack of mirror neurons, leading to disabilities in social skills, imitation, empathy and theory of mind. This is just one of many theories of autism and it has not yet been proven.[2]

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 8:32 pm

I love it when people blame everything but actual people. lol

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:34 pm

Fossy wrote:

"those fa***ts are a disgrace to god! time for a fag drag!"

:P

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 8:38 pm

Warsie wrote:
Fossy wrote:

"those fa***ts are a disgrace to god! time for a fag drag!"

:P

You just made me want to throw up. lol I hate rampant homophobes. :P

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:42 pm

Fossy wrote:
You just made me want to throw up. lol I hate rampant homophobes. :P

"You're female, that's why! *self-censored explanation as to why*"

how is your region in that? Chicago is cool in that regard, there's even a neighborhood full of LGBT called "Boys Town" in the Yuppie Northside..

Some parts of the South Side are biased (African-American community is f****d up in so many ways, from beating their kids to heavy religiousness, etc... I found better explanations from reading books on Ethnicity and Therapy and some of the book "Why Black Men Like White Women" than my mother....and she's black! R&B and Old Chicago House (which is Gospel and R&B + Techno, seriously) listening black who lives in the South Side!)

To ease up on my oreoness I'm going to try to buy a book titled "African American English". At least be able to switch dialects.
http://www.amazon.com/African-American- ... 0521891388

this is how I speak currently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyO-pDz-Zmo

Last edited by Warsie on 19 Aug 2008, 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.