Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:10 am

yes you can get therapy on line. people do that all the time.

Its ok to be sad, that's how you get through these things by being sad and letting it out by crying shouting hitting your pillow exc.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 2:56 am

I have dealt with PTSD myself, and the main thing that helped me was to see a therapist who specialized in abuse recovery, and a support group of other survivors which was led by another therapist. It's a sign of strength to get therapy, as you're saying that the abuser isn't going to win.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 1:33 am

ADoyle wrote:
I have dealt with PTSD myself, and the main thing that helped me was to see a therapist who specialized in abuse recovery, and a support group of other survivors which was led by another therapist. It's a sign of strength to get therapy, as you're saying that the abuser isn't going to win.

The abuser that I was talking about, the teacher, he did win, he got away with a slap on the wrist and only lives across town, and it wasn't just me, there were others that got it extremely worse. He would get 12 year olds boys drunk, weight for them to pass out, then violently rape them. That brings up another one of my problems with anger. I am not a violent person, but if I was to run into this guy at the store, I just think I would lose it and I don't think I would be able to hold back from beating him to a bloody mess, even that I know it would be wrong, I think I would lose control of my brain
I am not feeling bad now, but I konw the feeling will come back as soon as something else trigers. Anyway thanks everyone for your help, I am going to look for online help. Maybe I will find a therapist that will e-mail.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 6:06 am

hopefully someone will kick the crap out of him. 3 months in the icu unit will do him some good! sorry i hate people like that.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 12:25 am

I truly hope your life gets better soon.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 12:27 am

just-me wrote:
I truly hope your life gets better soon.

Thanks, I feel my usually self now, but I really havent tried to get help yet. I am going to look online. When I feel good, I just dont feel like I need any help with this. I will see if I can find a online therapist.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2009, 1:25 pm

Hi, I have a website called

www.ptsdinfo.net

I don't have the right words today, I'm trying to say I made the site to help people, that's why I made it, so others could benefit from my own research & stuff.

Hugs,

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 2:44 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Hi, I have a website called

www.ptsdinfo.net

I don't have the right words today, I'm trying to say I made the site to help people, that's why I made it, so others could benefit from my own research & stuff.

Hugs,
That's so nice of you Claradoon ! !!

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Mar 2009, 10:01 pm

Thank you - you know, when they say that the most healing thing is helping others? The thing that has healed me the most is making that website. I most dearly want it to help others, that's why I made it. But lo & behold, it helped me too.