Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 2:25 pm

What is the point of living with a broken heart? Why should we even be if love is not flowing to our hearts? Why not just slip away and return to dust from wince we were born if our hearts are empty?

Why should I go on with this broken loveless heart?

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 4:21 pm

Edit: there is no point unless you can live to see a better day.
I plan to come out as suicidal before I get back to planning a real suicide. I'll see where that gets me.
I remember a SOAD song with a line like "sometimes I wonder why we'd rather live than die."

Last edited by protest_the_hero on 06 Mar 2009, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 4:40 pm

There may be a point to your lives and maybe there is one to mine but right now, I'm so f*****g sick of life right now. I'll never have the one thing I want, love. I don't know why I want it so badly. Why couldn't I want something I have a much better shot at getting, like a job at Hollywood?

But despite that, there are people that will miss me and the same goes for both of you. So in order to prevent further heartache, I'll live out my life.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 4:57 pm

I don't care if I cause any heartache by my death. Maybe they deserve it.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 5:04 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
What is the point of living with a broken heart? Why should we even be if love is not flowing to our hearts? Why not just slip away and return to dust from wince we were born if our hearts are empty?

Dose this have any coorilation with your "mass scuicide" thread??? :?

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 5:17 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
I don't care if I cause any heartache by my death. Maybe they deserve it.
After recently, what you said.

BobTheMartian
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2009, 5:41 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:

To answer that, ask yourself what the point of living even with a fully intact heart is. And then whether having a broken heart completely and eternally precludes this.

I've found that 'what ifs', even if they are complete longshots, make it worth going on even if it's highly likely you'll never attain them. If you just give up then you don't do any justice to those possibilities, and they become self fulfilling prophecies... And once you get into that state of self-sustaining sadness and realize that it has become unfalsifiable, the next step is to then realize that it's completely meaningless because of that... And maybe then you can start over, even if it's on principle alone. It's far worse to write everything off and betray the possibility of what could be, even if the chance is only slim, just to avoid the negative things that likely will happen. That's the essence of prejudice.

At least the sense of *knowing* that everything turned out a certain way, that you did all you could, instead of wondering all your life brings a certain sense of peace to everything.

That is why you should go on... Because even if it's highly likely your heart may very well stay broken forever, it may very well not, and you owe it to yourself not to deny it that opportunity and subsequently shift the blame onto yourself. The beauty of it all is that even by feeling this way you are demonstrating how much you value an intact, love-filled heart... And know how much of a travesty it would be if you were to prevent that. Ask yourself which risk is more worth taking: The risk of being hurt even more and wasting all of your time and resources on a fruitless endeavour, or the risk of committing the ultimate hypocrisy: The slim chance that you're destroying your very own hopes for what you desire the most just to spare yourself further pain?

I know what my answer is.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 10:23 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
What is the point of living with a broken heart?

The old sory: Anyone who runs through this thinks it is the very time that such a think can happen - it is just not the case.

At the first time, someone leave you to whom you are in love, you think it's the end of the world. An other one appears, and the game starts again. My grandmother, a woman which I still have in high regard, told after my first friend left me: There is no man worth to be sad off. She was 83 and right!

Perhaps listen to this old song of Queen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAZTItYxUQ[/youtube]

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 10:28 pm

protest_the_hero wrote:
I've decided that I don't want to live anymore. If I never post again, I'm dead.

With 16? Believe me I had the recent 15 years more fun then in the 30 years prior ...