Headache, sensory issues, help please

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 8:24 am

Lately I'm having really serious issues on this side, I often feel like my head is either full or completely empty, sometimes it feels like I'm completely disconnected and auditory sensitivness is at sky-high level, often almost unberable, it literally drives me crazy. I think this may be related to my job (selling things), which causes me a lot of stress due to having to interact with many people (sometimes more than one at a time). I'm starting to be a little worried since sometimes it feels like I'm losing myslef. Any advice or info ? Thanks.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 9:03 am

Is there any way you can restrict or limit the sensory information? I sometimes have headache related symptoms with overload. It is not so much a headache though as a feeling my brain is being "torn" or "twisted" a bit like the over-sensitivity following a hangover but without drinking.

So for example if I'm doing something visual such as reading or on the computer, especially if it requires concentration, I have to restrict the surrounding noise, turn off or lower the tv volume etc.

Similarly if I need to concentrate on audio information I close my eyes. I'm currently learning French, so when listening to audio lessons shutting my eyes stops the "jarring" sensation in my head.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 9:19 am

Yeah, I think you're quite right, I tend to do the same, one thing at a time, and the problem is that on the job this is not possible, it's quite the opposite indeed, I'm forced to do many things I wouldn't do naturally and often more at a time, I feel bombarded, plus there's the awkardaess and anxiety of being around strangers many of which who look at me strange or just plain despise me and boom, the result is that my brain crashes way too often. I don't know what to do, the shop is owned by my family and I have no will to search another one, the only alternative option would be to come back to pizza delivery (it was perfect, the job was easy and funny and I was loved and I was fine with everyone) but they say it's not an adult job and it gives no guarantees on the long term. But in the shop it feels like I just can't handle it.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:42 am

Rainbow-Squirrel wrote:
Yeah, I think you're quite right, I tend to do the same, one thing at a time, and the problem is that on the job this is not possible, it's quite the opposite indeed, I'm forced to do many things I wouldn't do naturally and often more at a time, I feel bombarded, plus there's the awkardaess and anxiety of being around strangers many of which who look at me strange or just plain despise me and boom, the result is that my brain crashes way too often. I don't know what to do, the shop is owned by my family and I have no will to search another one, the only alternative option would be to come back to pizza delivery (it was perfect, the job was easy and funny and I was loved and I was fine with everyone) but they say it's not an adult job and it gives no guarantees on the long term. But in the shop it feels like I just can't handle it.

Ignore what others say and do what's best for you. If delivering pizza works better for you than sales, then deliver pizzas.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Mar 2009, 10:32 am

Those could all be signs of a food intolerance aswell; increased stress from other sources could have suddenly pushed you/your body from a previously adapted state to an unadapted state.

Food intolerance can cause headaches, "brain-fog"/loss of cognitive function, spaceyness/feelings of unreality, euphoria, anxiety, physical and emotional "irritability"/aggressivity, clumsiness, confusion, depression, insomnia, mood-disorders, fatigue/lethargy, aswell as more purely physical symptoms like eczema, feeling painfully sensitive to everything esp. touch and noise, aches, bloated gut, etc.

It is also possible that something about the shop itself is causing this. Are there lots of chemicals, new-plastics, fumes from anything? Or are you maybe eating more of something because of working there? Or did you eat lots of pizza when you were delivering pizza, which might have "exhausted" a previous "stable"-adapted state, ( and now you eat less pizza, because no longer work for the Pizza place, you notice the intolerance )

Whatever the factors, it sounds very like a food/chemical intolerance set of symptoms.