Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RHCAX0
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2009, 9:31 am

People are constantly asking me if I'm high, and it sometimes gets really annoying, do people say your high too??

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 9:50 am

yeah. everyone thought I was high all the time. avoidance of eye contact, eccentric, tone of voice... all that probably contributes to it.

also, I think it can also be an expression. Like if you say something that someone thinks is ridiculous they'll say, "Are you high???" then explain why it's bad.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 9:54 am

RHCAX0 wrote:
People are constantly asking me if I'm high, and it sometimes gets really annoying, do people say your high too??

Sometimes. To which I answer: No I am not high, I am merely distracted.

Which is the truth. I detest being intoxicated. The closest I get to being "high" is when my dentist administers nitrous oxide while working on my teeth. It is a good buzz and as soon as the gas is turned off and the lungs are cleared, all returns to normal.

ruveyn

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Jun 2009, 11:24 pm

My parents used to ask me that alot...

And I'd get moments of elation and giggling and randomness where it might seem that I was under the influence of something. Though there are the times when I take benadryl and I'm still out and that can make you out of it, but now I have something else that doesn't make you drowsy.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 11:40 pm

RHCAX0 wrote:

No. I'm usually quick with a joke or to light up your smoke.

If someone were to ask me if I'm high, I'd say, "it's 11AM, I'm in orbit"

or like the janitor said in response to JD's asking, "have you been drinking?"

"I'm not drunk..."

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

26 Jun 2009, 11:26 pm

I sometimes get into these moods where from an outsiders perspective it might look like I'm high, but really I'm just dissociated and feel like I don't exist so I might not be acting entirely 'normal'. In those situations I've been asked if I'm high so many times, but only in those situations.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 3:57 am

RHCAX0 wrote:

Well, you could try saying: "Yeah, I'm on crack, crank, ice, pcp and speed. If you don't leave me alone I will rip your head off."

That should have the desired effect. :D

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2009, 11:59 am

RHCAX0 wrote:

My boss used to say I was high. He was the only person that ever said that to me and I found it odd.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 12:03 pm

No but I wish I was.... :(

Justin6378
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2009, 2:29 pm

There's a man who lives near my house who sometimes talks to me by asking rapid fire questions and when i inevitably stutter and ask what he means, he usualy gives me a lecture about how bad drugs are and how they'll ruin my life 8O

Also in one of my jobs i had, 1 of my colleages allways used to say "Morrocan black" to me 8O

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 4:34 am

Yes. When I go clubbing, people have sometimes asked my friends what I am on, and whether it is crack cocaine. I have also been offered cocaine, but I didn't accept; some people are very surprised that I don't do ganja (cannabis) because it is a common drug amongst people who go to the club where I go most often.

I dance solo until the dancefloor fills up, which makes people sometimes think I am some kind of retired professional dancer or maybe a dance teacher. (Recently I got asked if I was a stripper! Aaaargh! I didn't take offence, the girl was only trying to figure me out.) When the dancefloor becomes too full, I move onto furniture. I don't have any Aspie friends who go clubbing with me. I usually go alone, but sometimes NT friends go to clubs with me, and they don't seem to find my behaviour embarassing. They don't mind being seen with me, so I guess what I do is OK.

Recently a girl came up to me in a club and asked me what I was taking because she and her friends wanted to buy some. They saw me dancing (and my dance movements incorporate some hectic stims sometimes) and I was smiling and very obviously having a great time doing what I was doing. I replied that I don't have to take anything, because I had the fortune of being born this way. I told her it was called Asperger's Syndrome. :lol:

:bounce:

I also have ADHD -- which accounts for the extra energy.

I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol and don't take drugs -- unless you count Ritalin and my SSRI.

Last edited by Alphabetania on 07 Jul 2009, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2009, 5:01 am

Someone once told me they were sure that I was a stoner because of the way I walked :o .

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:12 am

In the words of my mother: "Sh1t, dude, you look completely out there." Or something to that effect, anyway. :lol:

No, I haven't even seen drugs.

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:27 am

How does that sound in Swedish?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:28 am

Alphabetania wrote:
How does that sound in Swedish?

'Du ser ut att vara full i fan!'

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:41 am

Hehe... and in Afrikaans slang that would be: "Jy lyk asof jy heeltemal in 'n dwaal is." :D