Page 12 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 60  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 4:14 pm

When people post multiple threads about the same thing in the general autism discussion section. I know an autism forum is bound to have people with obsessions but...well, you know, it still can get tedious.

When one of those illusion photos that get posted on Facebook that says "like when you see it but don't say the answer in the comments!" and nobody posts the answer in the comments. It's so annoying because we don't always feel like a challenge but we want to know what the answer is.

Videos of pranks which are obviously staged. It's so easy to prank someone without actually having to stage it. Why do these people (mostly Americans) do it? :roll:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 4:32 pm

Dillogic wrote:
I don't really have any. I kinda just ignore many of the small things that I find annoying for some reason or another, so I don't think about them.

Admittedly yes these are all first world problems, or a blip on the radar.
They're just little things that cross my mind each day.
I'm not a complainer but it's fun to notice little things and see if other people can relate.
The devil's in the details, or so they say. ^

I don't like the term "fur babies" for pets. It creeps me out.
Somehow it seems like a really dirty oxymoron. 8O

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 4:36 pm

I'm a complainer so this thread is heaven for me to get stuff off my chest. But I don't like people calling me out on it because I feel like I'll burst if I don't complain, or as I prefer to call it, "expressing myself". Most autistics have difficulties expressing themselves but I'm the opposite, I have difficulties not expressing myself. I have to keep talking all the time. I love talking.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 4:56 pm

When you log into a site or a company and your password is autosaved, but after you get in they ask you to click a link for something and enter the password again?? That one is never autosaved and I can never get in because I don't have a clue what any of my passwords are by memory, and my phone doesn't give a list of my passwords to check.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 12:51 am

Misslizard wrote:
People still trying to shake hands.

People who don't understand that a skunk piddling on your shoes is simply a type of greeting. <sigh> :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 1:10 am

Fnord wrote:
Conversations are essentially over when certain people join in.[/color]

QFT. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 1:12 am

Why can't people simply skip over posts from people they aren't interested in...

...as I do? 8)

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 2:11 am

Pepe wrote:
Why can't people simply skip over posts from people they aren't interested in...

Because they want to complain. And one of the purposes of this thread is exactly that. I actually love this thread because I can read other people's honest grumbles.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 2:31 am

temp1234 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Because they want to complain. And one of the purposes of this thread is exactly that. I actually love this thread because I can read other people's honest grumbles.

And have no emotional self-control.
Erm, that is another "peeve" of mine. :mrgreen:

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 3:35 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
When you log into a site or a company and your password is autosaved, but after you get in they ask you to click a link for something and enter the password again?? That one is never autosaved and I can never get in because I don't have a clue what any of my passwords are by memory, and my phone doesn't give a list of my passwords to check.

lol that's a good one. That happens all the time. Then its 'password reset' wait for the email....

Or they want to only send the passcode to an old phone number...so you have to call the website office to tell them you have a new phone number :D.......and then the person just tells you to create a new account ! !!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 11:23 am

When bus-drivers have an attitude and won't let you on the bus if you're not at the bus stop on time - even though they've arrived to the bus stop too early just before you can get to it.

When people bump old threads that died a long time ago, sometimes over a decade.

When people only call me out on flaws and not others who have the same flaw. Why pick on me??

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 12:49 pm

Yeah when a bus drives past you when it's raining or in the dead of winter!! !

I was halfway between stops (in winter) and a good bus driver picked me up once.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 3:33 pm

Apparently we can give cheesy subtitles to literature now.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 2:09 pm

When you've managed to quickly write a post on WP between jobs at work and you submit but then the dreaded CAPTCHA comes up and you know you don't have time to look for boats in 2 different lots of images then have to go back and submit again, all in 5 seconds.

Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2022, 2:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
When bus-drivers have an attitude and won't let you on the bus if you're not at the bus stop on time - even though they've arrived to the bus stop too early just before you can get to it.

klanka wrote:
Yeah when a bus drives past you when it's raining or in the dead of winter!!
I was halfway between stops (in winter) and a good bus driver picked me up once.

Having driven similar commercial vehicles (tractor-trailers), I can tell you that some of this comes from being behind schedule because idiots in conventional vehicles pay no attention, blocking such vehicles at stops. Even when they do pay attention, most refuse to allow others back into traffic. I wouldn't take such things personally, but it is a pi--er.

Makes me so glad I don't have the typical severity of driving difficulties common to ASD and have my own car... I sort of have to though because of sensory issues.
Joe90 wrote:
When people only call me out on flaws and not others who have the same flaw. Why pick on me??

Another member recently opened my eyes to the idea that people often play favorites and prefer to project their own flaws onto others, thinking it somehow absolves them. Sometimes this even goes so far as an obvious ostracism of ASD. And they don't care who it hurts. As the world has turned, it's gotten much smaller for me, and being diagnosed last month has seemingly cut it in half.

Just how the hell am I supposed to know WHICH age to act, anyway? :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 2:25 pm

Quote:
Makes me glad I don't have the typical severity of driving difficulties common to ASD and have my own car...

I only don't have a car because I can't afford it, and also my ADHD makes driving more difficult. A lot of people with ASD actually drive. Also I'm an employee at a bus company (but not the one I was complaining about) so I get a free bus pass to ride any bus of any company in England.