Page 13 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60  Next

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 2:35 pm

When the capcha asks you to choose the squares with traffic lights but they are spread over six squares, do you click them all? and do you click the lamp post its attached to?
Guess wrong and you fail

Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2022, 2:39 pm

klanka wrote:
When the capcha asks you to choose the squares with traffic lights but they are spread over six squares, do you click them all? and do you click the lamp post its attached to?
Guess wrong and you fail

You need only click the squares containing the actual 'tree' (red /yellow / green) and anything directly attached to the 'tree'. Which does not include the pole or any arm attachment, but does include that stupid metal surround attachment on some of them.

Just how the hell am I supposed to know WHICH age to act, anyway? :lol:

Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2022, 2:42 pm

Joe90 wrote:
When you've managed to quickly write a post on WP between jobs at work and you submit but then the dreaded CAPTCHA comes up and you know you don't have time to look for boats in 2 different lots of images then have to go back and submit again, all in 5 seconds.

My solution would be

<CTRL-A> (Select All)
<CTRL-C> (Copy)

This puts it in clipboard memory while you do something else, negating the need for retyping it all. You can then

<CTRL-V> (Paste)

for resubmittal.

Of course, if you have to use this feature for something else in the interim, your previous "copy" is replaced.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 2:45 pm

Anomaly_76 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
When you've managed to quickly write a post on WP between jobs at work and you submit but then the dreaded CAPTCHA comes up and you know you don't have time to look for boats in 2 different lots of images then have to go back and submit again, all in 5 seconds.

My solution would be

<CTRL-A> (Select All)
<CTRL-C> (Copy)

This puts it in clipboard memory while you do something else, negating the need for retyping it all. You can then

<CTRL-V> (Paste)

for resubmittal.

Of course, if you have to use this feature for something else in the interim, your previous "copy" is replaced.

I know that, but I usually forget to copy, or just want the post submitted quickly. Also those only work on a computer keyboard. On a phone you've got to select the text and tap "copy text", and the menu bar with that option in doesn't always come up for some reason.

Another pet peeve: when people assume you use a computer for everything even though iPhones are more common these days.

Last edited by Joe90 on 04 May 2022, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 2:51 pm

Anomaly_76 wrote:
klanka wrote:
Guess wrong and you fail

You need only click the squares containing the actual 'tree' (red /yellow / green) and anything directly attached to the 'tree'. Which does not include the pole or any arm attachment, but does include that stupid metal surround attachment on some of them.

ahh ok thanks :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 9:17 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Also I'm an employee at a bus company (but not the one I was complaining about) so I get a free bus pass to ride any bus of any company in England.

Pet peeve:
People who have perks that I don't. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 9:20 pm

Anomaly_76 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

My solution would be

<CTRL-A> (Select All)
<CTRL-C> (Copy)

<CTRL-V> (Paste)

for resubmittal.

Pet peeve:
People who go off topic.
I *NEVER* do. <joke> :mrgreen:

Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2022, 9:36 pm

Pepe wrote:
Pet peeve:
People who go off topic.

:P~~~~~~~

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 12:33 am

Anomaly_76 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Pet peeve:
People who go off topic.

:P~~~~~~~

Pet peeve:
People who stand too close to me and shower me with their spittle while talking. :eew: :mrgreen:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 8:44 am

People still wanting to hug .
Hugger muggers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 8:47 am

People who incessantly complain about: (1) Not being able to get a girlfriend, (2) Not getting help in getting a girlfriend, and (3) Being told by those who try to help that they must first make themselves more attractive.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 6:45 pm

People who look for things to complain about. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 6:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
People still wanting to hug .
Hugger muggers.

Cute. <hug> :mrgreen:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 9:49 am

non-sulfate shampoo

I may as well wash my hair with dog spit.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 10:09 am

The bloody buses in this part of the country!

In London for almost 20 years they've had an electronic boarding system (Oyster Cards), which means you can get ten people onto the bus in little more than ten seconds, but here they still allow you to buy a ticket from the driver for your trip. Quite a few people still pay with cash, and it can easily take well over a minute to issue a single ticket. You also get passengers asking the driver where the bus goes to, taking up even more time (just try that with a London bus driver). This sort of nonsense can easily add 30%-40% to journey times.

What also annoys me is the routing of some buses. They've just replaced a service which could get me from where I live to the centre of the nearest town in under 20 minutes. The new service keeps departing from the main road to go backwards and forwards over various housing estates, and the trip yesterday took 45 minutes (to go three miles!). Not a single person got on the bus from any of the housing estates, so the whole thing is idiotic.

Frequency of services is another bugbear. Many are just one per hour, and some stop running after around 5 pm.

Johnson's Britain is a disgrace, and the alternatives in terms of political leadership would probably be even worse.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 11:18 am

When songs sound like other songs.

"2002" by Ann-Marie is one example. I always think it's going to go "oops I did it again", like the actual song by Brittany Spears. It's like my brain anticipates another song and when it isn't that song I mindlessly dislike the song.