Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

beady
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 10:29 pm

GreenVelvetWorm wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Awwww ! ! That's great news ! ! Sorry I didn't see your other posts from last night, but I'm really glad you took him for a chip scan. It's good to know that the chips work because I've always put them on my pets, but I'm never confident that enough people know about them to bother checking any found animals.

What a great success story ! !

Your idea about the umbrella is super cute too and made me saw "Awww!!" out loud! :heart:

Yay, Bucky!

We had a mama cat around here last summer and she was really affectionate, but appeared to be heavily pregnant and she wouldn't let us pick her up. We made some birthing zones for her but she finally disappeared after about a week of constant worry on our part. I don't know what happened to her or the kitties. We called her Tonka because she was so full!

8)

Here he is under his umbrella! I would have put it somewhere that didn't require him lying in dirt but he had already gotten cozy in there. He came back to his little nest multiple times the next day even though it wasn't raining. (Sorry if the image is huge, don't know much about formatting)

I hope Tonka and her kittens are somewhere safe and happy right now

That kitty is beautiful and your umbrella is brilliant. Glad his owners know where he is but sad he seems to not want to be with them. It does sound like he will find his way back to you. You did great :heart:

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 10:41 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Bucky might come back again!

Scientists (who apparently have a lot of spare time on their hands) studied what pet cats did when they were outside. In addition to mooching food wherever they can, it appears they are scouting the area for possible new homes...in case they decide to move.

A stray outdoor cat adopted my brother-in-law. For all practical purposes it became their pet cat. Then, months later, some neighbors driving by saw the cat there and knocked on the door to find out why their missing cat was there. (They only lived a few doors away!)

Yes, it's not unheard of for a cat to have multiple families that think they own it. Presumably, it's getting a lot less common as more and more pet cats get chipped and presumably vets can tell that the cat has one before implanting another.

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2023, 1:19 am

You guys were right, he came back today! Someone stole the umbrella from out of our yard a few days ago, but it isn't supposed to rain for a while so we can set up a new roof for him some time.

I love Bucky, I was so happy to see him

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 5:13 pm

Now you have to see if Bucky will support a time cat sharing arrangement...acceptable to Bucky's official home.

Ideally Bucky mooches lunches from you but returns to official home for the night.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 10:40 am

I had to post a link to this book. Its about a cat who has multiple families. My expartner picks up many second hand books for our grandbaby and this was one she asked me to read to her repeatedly on our last visit. She adores anything kitty related.

https://www.amazon.com/Six-Dinner-Sid-I ... 0671796135