Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 29 Sep 2023
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 309
Location: melbourne, australia

28 Nov 2023, 6:37 pm

My attention span varies, if it's something I'm interested in I can pay attention for hours on end.
If I'm not interested, I can only handle one topic or activity for about half an hour.

What is your attention span?



DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,861
Location: Dorset

28 Nov 2023, 6:46 pm

Sorry, what was the question again?


_________________
Not a duck. And I don't have a hairy back.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,987
Location: Chez Quis

28 Nov 2023, 6:48 pm

I think it says somewhere in here, but I don't know what it means.


Image



colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2022
Age: 30
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 1,262
Location: USA

28 Nov 2023, 6:48 pm

Short ish unless I'm interested or have incentive to listen.


_________________
ASD, most likely have dyscalculia & BPD as well. Also dx'd ADHD-C, but don't think it's accurate.
RAADs: 104 | ASQ: 30 | Aspie Quiz: 116/200 (84% probability of being atypical)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,987
Location: Chez Quis

28 Nov 2023, 6:52 pm

Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 24,698
Location: Right over your left shoulder

28 Nov 2023, 6:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.


I'd anticipate it means the score was flawed and therefore doesn't count. To get a viable score they'd need to reevaluate.

My attention span is a planck length and time.


_________________
If you wonder how you would have responded to apartheid, you're doing it right now.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,983
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Nov 2023, 7:27 pm

I never stop daydreaming & my daydreams switch at least every couple minutes as well but oddly I also pay attention at the same time I'm daydreaming. My issue with performing tasks is if the task becomes complicated & difficult, my body gets sore or tired, if something else comes up that distracts me, or if I need to stop to do something else.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,987
Location: Chez Quis

28 Nov 2023, 7:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.


I'd anticipate it means the score was flawed and therefore doesn't count. To get a viable score they'd need to reevaluate.

My attention span is a planck length and time.



My reaction time: 1081 vs. 35. LOLLLLLL



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,696
Location: United Kingdom

28 Nov 2023, 7:53 pm

I'm not sure how it would be measured exactly, but I have ADHD, so boring tasks cause my mind to wander.

The longer I am awake for any length of time and the closer to sleep that I move toward, the less strong my attention is. I think that is normal though?

By the time I ready to sleep, I can barely concentrate, versus when I start the day.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,983
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Nov 2023, 8:06 pm

I thought of an analogy to explain my attention span. My attention is like a duel-core computer processor. One core is dedicated to daydreaming. Multiple daydream programs are running at once but that core can only process one daydream at a time so it keeps switching between them. The other core is dedicated to whatever tasks I'm performing & if I'm doing multiple tasks, it switches between them.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2022
Age: 30
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 1,262
Location: USA

28 Nov 2023, 9:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.

My working memory is definitely below average.


_________________
ASD, most likely have dyscalculia & BPD as well. Also dx'd ADHD-C, but don't think it's accurate.
RAADs: 104 | ASQ: 30 | Aspie Quiz: 116/200 (84% probability of being atypical)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 24,698
Location: Right over your left shoulder

28 Nov 2023, 11:15 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.


I'd anticipate it means the score was flawed and therefore doesn't count. To get a viable score they'd need to reevaluate.

My attention span is a planck length and time.



My reaction time: 1081 vs. 35. LOLLLLLL


If that's in milliseconds I'd assume you were distracted for at least a second. :P


_________________
If you wonder how you would have responded to apartheid, you're doing it right now.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 24,698
Location: Right over your left shoulder

28 Nov 2023, 11:43 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I'm not sure how it would be measured exactly, but I have ADHD, so boring tasks cause my mind to wander.

The longer I am awake for any length of time and the closer to sleep that I move toward, the less strong my attention is. I think that is normal though?

By the time I ready to sleep, I can barely concentrate, versus when I start the day.


I'm kinda the opposite, I need a few hours to fully boot-up mentally.

On the other hand, I can often sustain focus on some sorts of activities until I'm literally nodding off. I can be at >32 hours since I last slept and still hyperfocusing on whatever it was that caught my attention.


_________________
If you wonder how you would have responded to apartheid, you're doing it right now.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,696
Location: United Kingdom

29 Nov 2023, 9:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
I'm not sure how it would be measured exactly, but I have ADHD, so boring tasks cause my mind to wander.

The longer I am awake for any length of time and the closer to sleep that I move toward, the less strong my attention is. I think that is normal though?

By the time I ready to sleep, I can barely concentrate, versus when I start the day.


I'm kinda the opposite, I need a few hours to fully boot-up mentally.

On the other hand, I can often sustain focus on some sorts of activities until I'm literally nodding off. I can be at >32 hours since I last slept and still hyperfocusing on whatever it was that caught my attention.


32 hours since you last slept? That seems a long, long time. Do you struggle with insomnia? :o



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 112,833
Location: Stalag 13

29 Nov 2023, 9:56 am

I have a very poor attention span when doing something that I'm not interested in.


_________________
Who wants to adopt a Sweet Pea?


Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2021
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,096
Location: Manchester, UK

29 Nov 2023, 10:14 am

It's about...


_________________
Diagnosed with ADHD - Inattentive type and undiagnosed aspergers.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).