Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1958 of 2014 [ 32211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961 ... 2014  Next

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 12:52 am

I have to get an endoscopy done 2 days after my birthday.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 12:57 am

Fairfield wrote:

Sweet Pea hugs

David1346
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2024, 3:00 am

In therapy, my counselor asked about my relationship with my mother. I don't have a relationship with my mother. She chose to terminate contact with me some 47 years ago while I was an undergraduate in college.

I thought I was over my mother but momentarily felt quite angry over the physical and emotional abuse I suffered as a child at the hands of this woman. When I remembered that my father's passing last March ended his alimony payments to my mother, I felt better. My mother has long since fallen upon hard times and without my father's alimony payments, it's possible that she could become homeless now that she's in her 90's.

I found that I really don't care if my mother becomes homeless or not. Although I have the means to help her, I won't. As the 18th century author, Pierre Choderlos de Laclos observed in his novel, Les Liaisons dangereuses" (Dangerous Liaisons - first published in 1782), "La vengeance est un plat qu'il vaut mieux servir froid," Revenge is a dish that is best served cold."

If my mother wanted a loving son, she should have loved and supported me as a child instead of exiling me to the basement and telling me on a nearly daily basis, that I was stupid and ugly.

Sorry about how bitter this post may have sounded. The therapist really hit a nerve today.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Jan 2024, 8:18 am

David1346 wrote:
In therapy, my counselor asked about my relationship with my mother. I don't have a relationship with my mother. She chose to terminate contact with me some 47 years ago while I was an undergraduate in college.

I thought I was over my mother but momentarily felt quite angry over the physical and emotional abuse I suffered as a child at the hands of this woman. When I remembered that my father's passing last March ended his alimony payments to my mother, I felt better. My mother has long since fallen upon hard times and without my father's alimony payments, it's possible that she could become homeless now that she's in her 90's.

I found that I really don't care if my mother becomes homeless or not. Although I have the means to help her, I won't. As the 18th century author, Pierre Choderlos de Laclos observed in his novel, Les Liaisons dangereuses" (Dangerous Liaisons - first published in 1782), "La vengeance est un plat qu'il vaut mieux servir froid," Revenge is a dish that is best served cold."

If my mother wanted a loving son, she should have loved and supported me as a child instead of exiling me to the basement and telling me on a nearly daily basis, that I was stupid and ugly.

Sorry about how bitter this post may have sounded. The therapist really hit a nerve today.

I'm glad you were given the space to unpack this a bit more. You have every right to feel resentment towards her for how you were treated, you're absolutely valid in your feelings. Please take the time to take care of yourself.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 10:33 am

Anxiety

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 10:35 am

Cornflake wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Still positive. It is now over two weeks.
Wow, that's tough. :(
It's horrifying the way it hits, and so hard.

I tested negative a couple of days ago (from positive on Dec 14) but I still feel unwell, with a return of the same persistent dry cough I started out with.
That's causing some issues with my voice and a muscular pain in my lower chest from coughing so much. Weirdly, with no sore throat though.

But I'm not convinced that result was accurate, and I'm expecting some new tests to arrive in the next few days. Even if they reliably show negative it's clear there's still something going on and I have some lasting effects to get past.

It is not nice. I don't want to get it again.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

03 Jan 2024, 11:26 am

Yes indeed - once is quite enough. 8O

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 11:33 am

Fairfield wrote:

They'll drug you up good.

I hope the results will be OK.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 12:48 pm

I still have a cold. I'm going to lay down and sleep.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 6:22 pm

My son has a fever, sore throat, body aches, etc.

My daughter said 1/3 of people in USA have Covid right now.
We aren't in USA and haven't been, but is that right? ^

Also she said there's something called White Lung Pneumonia going around.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 6:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My son has a fever, sore throat, body aches, etc.

My daughter said 1/3 of people in USA have Covid right now.
We aren't in USA and haven't been, but is that right? ^

Also she said there's something called White Lung Pneumonia going around.

Quote:
“White lung disease,” or “white lung syndrome,” is nothing but “a scary lay description, not used by medical professionals, of what we see on a routine chest x-ray,” Schaffner says. Healthy lungs full of air appear black in an x-ray because air looks dark in a normal reading. When inflammation and white blood cells fill the area, the lungs become opaque and more white on the reading, Offit explains. “It’s neither a scientific nor a medically acceptable term,” he adds.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... pneumonia/

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 6:32 pm

OK, good to know, but inflammation and white blood cells indicate that you're sick regardless.
They also indicate pneumonia.

I'm scared for my friend who is actively dying of Mesothilioma.
He's on hospice care at home but one of his visitors gave him a cold that will likely kill him.
My brother was staying there to care for him but he caught it too, and it was brutal.
He had to go home.

Our friend can't have any more visitors because of it.
We will never see him again.

:(

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 6:37 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
OK, good to know, but inflammation and white blood cells indicate that you're sick regardless.
They also indicate pneumonia.

I'm scared for my friend who is actively dying of Mesothilioma.
He's on hospice care at home but one of his visitors gave him a cold that will likely kill him.
My brother was staying there to care for him but he caught it too, and it was brutal.
He had to go home.

Our friend can't have any more visitors because of it.
We will never see him again.

:(

I'm sorry for the situation with your friend.

You're right about those being signs of infection, that's what causes pneumonia to be indicated on chest x-rays by white lungs. That's the point I was after, that it's a general indication of pneumonia, rather than a symptom specific to any particular cause of pneumonia.

Calling it 'white lung pneumonia' makes people worry it's a novel pathogen, which doesn't appear to be the case in the Americas so far.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 6:40 pm

Thanks.
It's been really, really hard for us to deal with.
He's like an adopted brother to us.
My parents knew him from the day he was born (age 58).

I get that about the White Lung thing, too.

It sounded like a new thing when it really isn't.
I guess the point is that bacterial pneumonia is going around.
I suppose it could be viral too.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 8:06 pm

I experienced some anxiety today, that lasted a while. It made me uncomfortable.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 9:01 pm

I've never heard of white lung pneumonia.