Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 3:47 am

pete1061 wrote:
@Max000:
Businesses want to maintain the same profit margin. So if their labor costs (or any other cost) go up, their prices will also go up. Plain and simple business 101.
Here in Oregon, we have a minimum wage tied to inflation. every jan 1st, it goes up a bit. And in turn, every jan 1st, fast food prices go up a bit more. Happens every year.
To think a place paying minimum wage is going to raise wages without raising prices is pure delusion.

A $15 minimum wage would most certainly spike all fast food prices.
I don't gamble, but on this one, I'd wager a million dollars.

A $15 minimum wage would put a lot of money in the hands of working people who would spend it. Which would stimulate the economy.

Our problems is not that the poor are making too much money. Our problem is that rich keep getting richer, and the poor keep getting poorer. Profits are too high, and wages are too low.

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren E. Buffett.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm

nick007 wrote:
pete1061 wrote:
I belive the same thing but I'd rather pay a little more so that there workers could make ends meet without having to rely on tax-payer funded benefits.
If minimum-wage goes up more people could afford to eat fast-food so those places may get more customers espessically if they don't raise their prices but buisnesses don't think that way usually.

There would be also general all around inflation, and the net gain for those low wage workers would be almost nothing.

Diagnosed in 2005

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

21 Jan 2014, 2:06 pm

Max000 wrote:
pete1061 wrote:
@Max000:
Businesses want to maintain the same profit margin. So if their labor costs (or any other cost) go up, their prices will also go up. Plain and simple business 101.
Here in Oregon, we have a minimum wage tied to inflation. every jan 1st, it goes up a bit. And in turn, every jan 1st, fast food prices go up a bit more. Happens every year.
To think a place paying minimum wage is going to raise wages without raising prices is pure delusion.

A $15 minimum wage would put a lot of money in the hands of working people who would spend it. Which would stimulate the economy.

Our problems is not that the poor are making too much money. Our problem is that rich keep getting richer, and the poor keep getting poorer. Profits are too high, and wages are too low.

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren E. Buffett.

+1

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."