What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 166 of 252 [ 4026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 252  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 13%  13%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 58 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 630

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Dec 2018, 8:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
sorry Claradoon, I've been busy for a while.
I dreamt I was asleep in my studio apartment when a lion walked by my open front door. I thought he might just keep going but then i remembered my cat, which might an interesting scent to the lion. So I rushed to shut the door (which was a sliding door) and almost won, but 3" short of shut, the lion wanted to come in. Of course being that strong, he won and came in. But he was calm and I thought maybe he just wanted to hang out so I went back to bed. Then there was a fuss so I had to get up and save my cat who was not hurt but terrified. Then the lion went to sleep on top of my bookshelves. I went back to bed but before long I saw a man walk by my front door with a lion cage. I said, "Did you lose a lion?" and he said yes. So I let him in and he put his lion in the cage; the lion obeyed him, no problem. Then the guy tried to make a social occasion of this and I said he really must go. He got up but then knelt, crossed himself, and said he had to give thanks for finding his lion. I told to pray somewhere else and to leave. He left with lion in cage. Problem with lion gender - I was and am sure it was male but it was maneless and beardless, like a female.

Thank you, Aunt Blabby. You didn't owe me an apology! But accepted, since offered. The meanings you gave in the interpretation were bang on. Even Jung would have agreed.

There's just one thing I have to add, because it won't leave me alone - when the lion sleeps on top of my bookshelves, it is synonymous with this:

Quote:
The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the window-panes,
The yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the window-panes
Licked its tongue into the corners of the evening,
Lingered upon the pools that stand in drains,
Let fall upon its back the soot that falls from chimneys,
Slipped by the terrace, made a sudden leap,
And seeing that it was a soft October night,
Curled once about the house, and fell asleep.

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
by T.S. Eliot

This is one of those poems that's all about me, ever since I first read it decades ago.

Have you read all this? You should charge analyst's fees. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 11:40 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Thank you, Aunt Blabby. You didn't owe me an apology! But accepted, since offered. The meanings you gave in the interpretation were bang on. Even Jung would have agreed. There's just one thing I have to add, because it won't leave me alone - when the lion sleeps on top of my bookshelves, it is synonymous with this:

Quote:

by T.S. Eliot

This is one of those poems that's all about me, ever since I first read it decades ago. Have you read all this? You should charge analyst's fees. :lol:

:doh: I am spectacularly unable to decipher poetry, can you do me a favor and patiently explain this to me?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2018, 2:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
Thank you, Aunt Blabby. You didn't owe me an apology! But accepted, since offered. The meanings you gave in the interpretation were bang on. Even Jung would have agreed. There's just one thing I have to add, because it won't leave me alone - when the lion sleeps on top of my bookshelves, it is synonymous with this:

Quote:

by T.S. Eliot

This is one of those poems that's all about me, ever since I first read it decades ago. Have you read all this? You should charge analyst's fees. :lol:

:doh: I am spectacularly unable to decipher poetry, can you do me a favor and patiently explain this to me?

I did take it out of context, which might be confusing. Before that bit, the poem has one guy urging another to go out. They are in London, a notoriously foggy place. So they go out. Then begins that bit of poetry, where the poet has London fog behave like a cat. And it is really both of them at once - it's fog behaving like a cat.
Quote:

and then the bit that connects my dream-lion with this piece of poetry:
Quote:

curled once about my books, and fell asleep.

It's not a simple poem; took me a while to get at it and even then there will be more each time I read it. It doesn't matter if it's not your type of thing. Maybe think of words as lyrics. But I really am grateful that you asked. I get alone with my love of poetry.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2018, 2:39 am

@ Aunt Blabby - if you like :lol: here's the entire poem, recited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdn4BTmXOXw

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 3:30 am

Claradoon wrote:
It's not a simple poem; took me a while to get at it and even then there will be more each time I read it. It doesn't matter if it's not your type of thing. Maybe think of words as lyrics. But I really am grateful that you asked. I get alone with my love of poetry.

thank you for your patient explanation and poetry reading :heart: :cat: there is IMHO a mystery as to the name "the love song of j. Alfred Prufrock" - it seems arcane but at the same time it seems to not want to be arcane. does that make any sense? another tough poem that I barely grok at a superficial level, is Mathew Arnold's "dover beach," concluding paragraph below-

Ah, love, let us be true
To one another! for the world, which seems
To lie before us like a land of dreams,
So various, so beautiful, so new,
Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,
Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2018, 3:53 am

Oh I *love* Dover Beach!
Would that I had the kind of memory that could
carry these poems in my head, eternally accessible.

Look again at Dover Beach - doesn't it sound
a bit like now, Trump and all?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 4:19 am

It sounds like something that could happen should one start believing the Trump hype.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 7:35 am

I dreamt that Roy Cropper was a kid and his mum thought he was being naughty so told him to go and get a birch and he went to get a tree and took ages chopping it down then she started hitting him with the tree instead of with a branch...

I don't even know any NTs that horrible irl.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:22 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Oh I *love* Dover Beach! Would that I had the kind of memory that could carry these poems in my head, eternally accessible. Look again at Dover Beach - doesn't it sound a bit like now, Trump and all?

carrying those poems in one's head forever reminds me of Fahrenheit 451's thing about living books. and the ONE reason I remember Dover Beach is due to that last paragraph [what do you call the individual blocks in a poem? :scratch: ] basically shouting the name of our hellworld in other words.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 1:08 pm

Last night I had a very weird dream that I walked in front of a ceramic-like plaque that looked a lot like this picture:

In my dream I did a cross over my body while looking at the image and started praying for forgiveness for something I and my family did.

I know it has something to do with Catholicism but I'm not Catholic and I really don't understand how the religion works. But the dream felt so weird as if I knew what I was doing... :|

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 9:33 pm

An oldie but a goodie of mine:

I dreamed that a former acquaintance from high school named Stuart was my Uber driver and that I was desperately trying to get to my psychologist who has a new office, but we got lost and I kept needing to take 'down' lifts / elevators into a fancy shopping concourse like you would see at an airport -- although I believe it was in a hospital? We kept going lower and lower. Stuart and I kept speaking of our mutually favourite English teacher from real life. There was a random element of sexuality and I think we got physical in one of the lifts? We went to a nude beach in the hospital and then one of the lifts turned into an amphibious vehicle which really delighted me! The amphibious vehicle took me (alone) across a lake whilst I was watching the most incredible golden / amber sunset with silhouettes of willow trees on the shore, and I was consciously thinking that this was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. My psychologist kept imploring to me via voicemail that I was late for our appointment (which was supposedly occurring on a Friday at 5:00), saying that I'd never see him again because it was our last meeting, but I was lost and I couldn't find him.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 9:47 pm

I once dreamed that my credit card was missing, and I was in a panic to find it. It turned out that my mother had stolen my credit card, and when I confronted her she said that she used it to get a cash advance so she could buy crack. She had gone half way across the country for the crack so that no one would recognise her. She maxed my credit card with the cash advance but also lost the card with the drug dealers. While I was crying about my credit card and the fact she spent all my money on drugs, she tried to light the crack on a spoon (freebase? I don't know the terms?), to show me how great it was. The flame exploded, and she burned to death in front of me while screaming for help.

I was only about fifteen when I had this dream, and I didn't even have a credit card.

I remember it like yesterday.

No, my mother isn't a drug user, either.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:07 pm

I have very lucid dreams that don't make sense too. :lol:

The ones that do make sense are the ones that scare me. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 11:39 pm

Isabella, THAT was a NIGHTMARE :skull:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 12:25 am

auntblabby wrote:

Agreed.

You should hear the types of nightmares I have now -- it's incredible what the mind can do. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 12:42 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Agreed. You should hear the types of nightmares I have now -- it's incredible what the mind can do. :?

mebbe post more of 'em on the various "weirdest dream you had" threads? :idea: