Page 183 of 583 [ 9323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186 ... 583  Next

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 9:57 pm

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 4:00 pm

The modern gay rights movement all began here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Dec 2012, 4:22 pm

[img][800:800]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/waterdogs12/LeftHandPath_zps0296300a.jpg[/img]

HammorHorror
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 5:00 pm

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 5:21 pm

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

20 Dec 2012, 5:39 pm

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 5:43 pm

So lovely...Canada?

Sylkat

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

20 Dec 2012, 6:14 pm

^ Somewhere in the Swiss Alps.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 6:43 pm

Muhammad's Favorite Cat Muezza
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muezza

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

Awwww, so he had pets?

Sylkat

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 8:58 pm

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 11:15 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Awwww, so he had pets?

Sylkat

There's a lovely story about how cats got this M-shaped pattern on their forehead, but it would be off-topic to quote it here.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 12:23 am

Dear Krabo,
Since one very common trait amongst Aspies is distractability, you should post it, it does go
with the image you posted, after all!

Dear Moog,
I KNEW they were real!

Sylkat

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 1:21 am

Sylkat wrote:
Dear Krabo,
Since one very common trait amongst Aspies is distractability, you should post it, it does go
with the image you posted, after all!

Sylkat

Very well then.

The Islamic version of the story:

Quote:
It is said that as the Prophet Mohammed was studying scripture, a kitten crawled into the sleeve of his robe. In peace with the Prophet and the quiet atmosphere of spiritual study, the kitty curled up and slept in the sleeve; and Mohammed, very touched by this gesture, cut the sleeve from the robe rather than awaken the kitten. And then, as a sign of favor, the Prophet set his initial on the kitty's forehead for her and her descendants to carry forever.

This Islamic version has numerous variants, which can be found by googling with keywords {Mohammed/Mohammad cats M forehead}. In one other variant at least, Mohammed goes out to some holy place (not a synagogue, not a church) to pray and when he returns home, the aforementioned kitten meets him at the door and bows to him respectfully. Meanwhile an M has miraculously appeared on the kitten's forehead.

The Christian version of the story:

Quote:
And so it came to pass that a husband and wife journeyed to a small town called Bethlehem, as the king had decreed that all the people stand to be counted in the small towns and teeming cities from whence they came. The journey was long and hard for both, but especially for the young wife, who was very near to bringing her firstborn son into the world. When they at last reached the crowded and noisy town, the expectant father searched hurriedly for a place for them to rest and where the child could safely be born. But at every door, he was told there was no available room. Finally, an old innkeeper, though having no space left in his inn, took pity on them and offered them shelter in the small stable used by his animals.It was there that the child was born, surrounded by beasts of the field. As the night's cold grew, the baby fretted and cried while his parents pondered how to make him comfortable. His father tried stuffing straw into the open places in the walls, and his mother tried warming him with her meager wrappings. But still, the baby cried on. All the while, a tiny cat watched from the corner. "Of course the little baby is cold," the cat thought. "It has no fur to keep it warm! I will give it mine, and I will lullaby-purr it to sleep." A little jump brought the cat into the manger where the baby lay. There, he quietly gave his humble gift of warmth and love, gently stretching out his thin, fragile little body over the baby's, careful to cover all but the infant's face. The crying was soon replaced by soft purrs and coos, and slowly, the infant smiled. As Mary, the new mother, witnessed this gift to her child, she touched the little cat's forehead. "Thank you, Little Tabby, for your gift of love and warmth. As a sign of my grateful blessing, you and all your descendants will forevermore carry my initial on your forehead."

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 1:40 am

Awwww!

Sylkat

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 Dec 2012, 9:39 am