Post a random truth about your family besides parents.

Page 20 of 26 [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 9:00 am

I actually have a half brother, he is in his 20's, we've never met and he's apparently into music, to explain where he comes from:

my father had a previous relationship where they had a child (my half brother) and named him "mikey" or Michael for long ways ( but he is called mikey by people apparently) however he apparently has very strong apspergers so we have never met because apparently he might not be able a to handle meeting us/knowing of us. my father has almost nothing to do with him as his mother forbids it and wont even tell us where he lives. BUT part of the house i live in is left to him in my fathers will, so should he ever die, we have to find my half brother knowing nothing about where he lives.....great.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 11:47 am

My maternal grandmother came from a family of 13.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 4:24 pm

Whenever I watched classic Disney cartoons as a kid, my brother would drive me crazy. He told me Donald Duck swore all the time and was a Nazi, (Yes, I know there is a cartoon where Donald is being forced to work for the cruel Nazis who treat him horribly, but then he wakes up and it was all a dream and his bedroom looks like Uncle Sam came in and barfed all over it and he's glad and relieved to be an American :lol: ). Back then I didn't even know Walt Disney was dead, and my brother's reaction was like I was the most stupid individual in the world. Another time we were watching the Disney version of "Peter and the Wolf" and when they mention the cat is named Ivan my brother flips out and starts going on how they named him after Ivan the Terrible, one of the most evil men in history. I don't know if that's true or just a coincidence. Nor do I really care. :roll:

Actually, it didn't usually matter what I watched, if I liked it, it was wrong, and my brother would tell me all kinds of nasty things, like everyone on Sesame Street did drugs. How else could they have come up with such strange Muppet creatures and characters? (Of course, it was perfectly okay for him to be listening to his Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix tapes).

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 11:35 pm

I have total of 18 grandaunties. They're scattered within the diaspora and are all alive and healthy. :lol:
And at least 2 of them is younger than my mom.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 12:54 am

My brothers did better (degrees and subsequent jobs) but were more troublesome as childs,
one would head bang, sensory issues too and even got an EEG, the other parrotted and de-tired all dinkytoys.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 9:51 pm

My aunt and uncle (my mom's younger brother) and their son live up in the Northwest Territories and my parents are planning to go up to visit them soon. They've never been up there before, so it will be quite different from the tropical places they've gone to. My uncle told my mom the other day on the phone that it is actually really warm because of the six months of daylight they're having now, and that there is a kind of small island on a river that they can visit but the water in it is really brown. It's not actually polluted, just really muddy. But he said my mom and dad and just sit on the island and pretend it's a beautiful tropical beach with palm trees, surrounded by sparkling blue water.

My uncle would not make a very good tourist businessman, telling people they have to *pretend* their surroundings are better than they really are. :lol:

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 9:57 pm

I had a very distant relative die in federal prison for being a part of the Mafia lol

Other then that outcast, most of my family is well to do doctors and lawyer and then there is me... maybe I got the Mafia gene...

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 12:26 pm

Today my mom showed me a photo of someone whom I recognized right away as my aunt, who had just gotten a new haircut and style. Mom then told me than when she showed the picture to my grandmother she didn't have a clue it was her own daughter, just because of the haircut!

My grandmother just turned 88, but her mind is still good. At least I hope so. She is my last surviving grandparent.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 6:55 pm

One of my great grandparents came from Denmark.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 7:37 pm

There's actually a place down-home called "_______ Holler" (family's last name), by the locals, because I have so many kin.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm

My father passed the day after I turned 12 in 2002.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 7:12 pm

Today my mom told me that one of my cousins recently got at job as an assistant nurse, who said that the people she likes caring for the most are, surprisingly, elderly people with dementia, Alzheimer's disease. When my mom asked her why, my cousin said it's because they're never judgemental. They never care about a person's appearance or race or religion or anything. Just give them a dish of ice cream and they think you're the best.

I never thought I'd wish everyone could be more like people with dementia or Alzheimer's. 8O

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 10:28 pm

Ages of my grandparents:

Maternal grandfather-72
Maternal grandmother-88
Paternal grandfather-91
Paternal grandmother-72

My mother also lived to be 72.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 11:06 pm

I'm directly descended from the first king of Ireland.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 11:11 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Ages of my grandparents:

Maternal grandfather-72
Maternal grandmother-88
Paternal grandfather-91
Paternal grandmother-72

My mother also lived to be 72.

Your grandpa is younger than my grandpa, and I am in my teens! 8O

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 10:29 am

My paternal great-grandfather was born in Italy and went on a cattle drive in Argentina.

My maternal grandparents and mother were born deep in the Eastern part of Germany. I was born in the Western part.

Pets:

My oldest male cat lived to be eighteen. My oldest female cat lived to be 20.