Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mad_monkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 1:05 am

Dang it, I wanted to steal more ideas of cars,
Honestly I don't know a transmission from a transistor so I cant use your citron plans.

Mayn't.
auyocorrect just said mayn't.
What is mayn't?

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:11 am

shrox wrote:
I have a design for a single stage to orbital spacecraft.

Here it is, this one is suborbital, and can deliver 1000 pounds from one end of the country to the other in one hour. It can take off from an airport or large industrial park, and land in the same area. It takes off like a helicopter, hits the rocket motors at about 12,000 feet, and then lands like a helicopter as well. Quakers are clever...

This one is RoMax, there would be StratoMax for hemisphere flights, and AstroMax for orbital flights.

ThDude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 1:13 am

mad_monkey wrote:
Dang it, I wanted to steal more ideas of cars,
Honestly I don't know a transmission from a transistor so I cant use your citron plans.

Mayn't.
auyocorrect just said mayn't.
What is mayn't?
If you have a few tools and a the cars manual(Haynes manuals are good) then you can do anything to your car that's in the book, I have not been working on cars but for a few months and only got into cars in the last year.

I fixed my transmition, ratiator, valve cover gaskets, CV joint, Altinator, battery and a few other things just by using the manual for my car, read and follow directions and it's easy.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:18 am

ThDude wrote:
...Also idk of my idea will even work, I'm trying it on my 1998 Saturn sc2 so any improvement to power will be seen very easy. A 130hp car going to say 140 would be easy to feel, I also plan to have tests done on my engine output and such once I finish te set up.

In reality for all I know the engine may blow up, however I doubt this.

I have a 1997 Saturn SC-1, just turned over 160000 miles, great car!

ThDude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 1:18 am

shrox wrote:
shrox wrote:

Here it is, this one is suborbital, and can deliver 1000 pounds from one end of the country to the other in one hour. It can take off from an airport or large industrial park, and land in the same area. It takes off like a helicopter, hits the rocket motors at about 12,000 feet, and then lands like a helicopter as well. Quakers are clever...

This one is RoMax, there would be StratoMax for hemisphere flights, and AstroMax for orbital flights.

It looks interesting, but the blades to the helicopter part I see an issue.
Once the rockets kick in the blades would become drag for the craft, they may Aldo break at greater speeds. Do they fold in, or down to make less drag? If not then that is a problem I would think.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:22 am

ThDude wrote:
shrox wrote:
shrox wrote:

Once the rockets kick in the blades would become drag for the craft, they may Aldo break at greater speeds. Do they fold in, or down to make less drag? If not then that is a problem I would think.

Yes, they fold in. Since the craft never reaches the high speeds of conventional rockets, reentry problems are not an issue. There is turbulence, but no extreme temperatures. It actually returns butt end first, and has a slight glide ratio, about like a brick.

ThDude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 1:33 am

shrox wrote:
ThDude wrote:
shrox wrote:
shrox wrote:

Yes, they fold in. Since the craft never reaches the high speeds of conventional rockets, reentry problems are not an issue. There is turbulence, but no extreme temperatures. It actually returns butt end first, and has a slight glide ratio, about like a brick.
I see, well I thought that they would fold in but I ha to be sure, never know with some of the engineers out there -_-

It looks good, what metals would it be made of and I assume it is a drone. What fuel would be used?

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:43 am

ThDude wrote:
I see, well I thought that they would fold in but I ha to be sure, never know with some of the engineers out there -_-

It looks good, what metals would it be made of and I assume it is a drone. What fuel would be used?

It's mostly composite materials, fuel cells run an electric motor to run the rotors, the main rockets are a special hybrid, nitrous oxide flows over some polymer like polyethylene, rubber or paraffin and it reacts spontaneously. They would be unmanned, although I have a personal "sport model" in mind...

ThDude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 1:48 am

I thought that liquid oxygen would be best suited to something like this, or is that more deep space fuel?

I know NOS is powerful, am I correct to assume the NOS that would be used for this is far different from the kind a car might use?

So metals such as aluminium?

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:55 am

ThDude wrote:
I thought that liquid oxygen would be best suited to something like this, or is that more deep space fuel?

I know NOS is powerful, am I correct to assume the NOS that would be used for this is far different from the kind a car might use?

So metals such as aluminium?

It's pretty much the same NOS. A hybrid rocket is more of a chemical reaction event than a burning event. It gets hot, and does burn, but no ignition is needed, They are very safe as well.

Some aluminum, some composite. Maybe even some wood...

Here is a friend's page about hobby hybrids. http://www.intertlan.com/cohetes/hybrids/

ThDude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 2:03 am

This thread has many posts but few ideas, but compared to a lot of other treads this one is doing well.

I forgot I also have an idea for a bacon cooker. A wide metal mesh screen with weighted bars on the back side, two handles of corse.

The mesh lays on the bacon making it lay flat and cook proper. I think however a product like this has been made.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 2:08 am

ThDude wrote:
This thread has many posts but few ideas, but compared to a lot of other treads this one is doing well.

I forgot I also have an idea for a bacon cooker. A wide metal mesh screen with weighted bars on the back side, two handles of corse.

The mesh lays on the bacon making it lay flat and cook proper. I think however a product like this has been made.

Bacon acquisition is even automated now!

ThDude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 2:10 am

We come into te age of the jetsons, where's my slightly racist robot maid!

Since when could we press a button and get bacon, my invetion is worthless now!

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 2:25 am

Some inventions seem worthless and only go to show how lazy people can really be. Stuff like the snugglie I think it's called?(or, alternatively, the WTFblanket in a parody on youtube) Of course, the same isn't true for all, but with the way some technology is going, I'm surprised that we even have to get up and out of bed to do anything. :P

All that said, I do like innovation and creativity. I feel I used to be a bit more imaginative, and now it's hard to think of anything that really hasn't already been done before. However, with things like the DS as well as the Wii, Nintendo has made me a bit more enthusiastic about what can be done for gaming or entertainment in general. Only wish I could work there or for a similar company someday.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 6:36 am

ThDude wrote:

wait till the other lot wake up

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:44 am

[quote="mad_monkey"]@surfman
What is that avatar of?
/quote]

google obey clothing, its their back window sticker