Page 3 of 39 [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 2:53 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
... Not showing this common courtesy and refusing to leave is taking an adversarial position...
I am having a casual conversation on the same topic as you, and in the same open thread.  The fact that what I post is in opposition to what you post should not be seen as a threat, but as an opportunity for you to present valid empirical evidence to support your claims in a clear and concise manner, and to do so without personal attack or innuendo.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 3:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
I apologize. I did not realize this was a restricted thread.
It is an open thread.  Post freely.

Fnord seems to be eager to display a lack of basic decency.
Original post, simple request for those who are not interested in the subject - you have better uses of your time. Skepticism is just not interesting as many of us are familiar with your perspective, not the point of the thread. Thank you.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 3:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
... Not showing this common courtesy and refusing to leave is taking an adversarial position...
I am having a casual conversation on the same topic as you, and in the same open thread.  The fact that what I post is in opposition to what you post should not be seen as a threat, but as an opportunity for you to present valid empirical evidence to support your claims in a clear and concise manner, and to do so without personal attack or innuendo.

Ah it's very clear since it was in the first post:
If you don't believe in aliens, that's great not sure why you opened this thread and why you would feel the need to post.

Man enters conversation where he is aware his perspective is unwelcome. He decides to then dictate to others how they should be reacting to his unwelcome comments...

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Oct 2020, 3:58 pm

Fnord, knock it off please. It's already been made clear that your attempts at steering this thread into a more serious discussion according to your terms are misplaced.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 5:23 pm

I dont go for this Anukki stuff, and Book of Enoch stuff.

Its very simple. The Aliens have been visiting the solar system for some few centuries.

And ... well they ARE aliens. It took them awhile to "get" our planet.

The saucer jockeys were convinced that the dominant form of life on Earth was the cow. And that humans were obligatory slaves of cattle. The two legged servants devote more land to feeding cattle than they do to growing food crops for humans. And humans devote a huge amount of energy transporting, cattle, and innoculating them against disease. So the greys thought the cows ruled. Finally some of the aliens infiltrated slaughterhouses - and they flipped their theory around as which Earth species dominated. But that was after the Aliens had wasted many manhours doing those notorious "Cattle mutilations" in the Sixties. Now they focus on human abductions. They abduct individuals and implant them with tracking devices for the same reason that we humans tag birds and salmon, and other wildlife before we release them into "the wild". The Aliens are just keeping tabs on our migration patterns and like that.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 5:32 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Its very simple. The Aliens have been visiting the solar system for some few centuries.

The saucer jockeys were convinced that the dominant form of life on Earth was the cow. And that humans were obligatory slaves of cattle. The two legged servants devote more land to feeding cattle than they do to growing food crops for humans. And humans devote a huge amount of energy transporting, cattle, and innoculating them against disease. So the greys thought the cows ruled. Finally some of the aliens infiltrated slaughterhouses - and they flipped their theory around as which Earth species dominated. But that was after the Aliens had wasted many manhours doing those notorious "Cattle mutilations" in the Sixties. Now they focus on human abductions. They abduct individuals and implant them with tracking devices for the same reason that we humans tag birds and salmon, and other wildlife before we release them into "the wild". The Aliens are just keeping tabs on our migration patterns and like that.

I generally don't take most of these ideas as fact, but interesting to think about. Interesting idea though about the cows. I would like to believe there are beings of a more evolved consciousness that could help steer the direction of mankind to a level where at a minimum we are less destructive towards the planet and towards each other.

Last edited by adromedanblackhole on 06 Oct 2020, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 5:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

I generally don't take most of these ideas as fact, but interesting to think about. Interesting idea though about the cows. I would like to believe their are beings of a more evolved consciousness that could help steer the direction of mankind to a level where at a minimum we are less destructive towards the planet and towards each other.

That could be too. My other theory is that our solar system is actually a national park inside of a vast interstellar empire. Aliens from another star already rule us. We are in some province in some several hundred light years wide nation state. Our solar system is a game preserve. Like the Gombe Stream preserve in Uganda. Or Yellowstone. And the aliens are like Jane Godall, or like park service rangers, who visit us to observe us. And to keep us from extinction. And part of that job is keeping us from wiping ourselves out. So they nudge us away from nuclear war, and like that.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 6:21 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I generally don't take most of these ideas as fact, but interesting to think about. Interesting idea though about the cows. I would like to believe their are beings of a more evolved consciousness that could help steer the direction of mankind to a level where at a minimum we are less destructive towards the planet and towards each other.

That could be too. My other theory is that our solar system is actually a national park inside of a vast interstellar empire. Aliens from another star already rule us. We are in some province in some several hundred light years wide nation state. Our solar system is a game preserve. Like the Gombe Stream preserve in Uganda. Or Yellowstone. And the aliens are like Jane Godall, or like park service rangers, who visit us to observe us. And to keep us from extinction. And part of that job is keeping us from wiping ourselves out. So they nudge us away from nuclear war, and like that.

So, it feels like this is possibly mockery of the thread, but I'll humor you.
How does Elon Musk's plans for a Mars colony fit into your schema?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 6:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Well...if someone like Jane Goodall observed that the chimps in the wild were figuring out how to use fire... it would be like that. The aliens actually govern and rule a vast swath of interstellar space. So us making a tenative step towards colonizing the next planet in our solar system is like some animal in yellowstone expanding its range into another part of Yellowstone park. Interesting. But not a game changer for our overlords and observers.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 7:15 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Well...if someone like Jane Goodall observed that the chimps in the wild were figuring out how to use fire... it would be like that. The aliens actually govern and rule a vast swath of interstellar space. So us making a tenative step towards colonizing the next planet in our solar system is like some animal in yellowstone expanding its range into another part of Yellowstone park. Interesting. But not a game changer for our overlords and observers.

It seems like humans have been an essential component for driving an industrial machine on this planet and they'll soon just be replaced by AI. This replacement will correlate around the same time that colonies are completely functional on Mars, not just experimental. This is what leads me to being open to - and just open to, not committed, I don't hold this as fact - the idea that humans are basically units of energy that drive this machine for the benefit of about 1% of 1% of the global population. It's very likely this is just interspecies predation, and that's the end of the story. Because humans are awful no need to involve aliens in the explanation. But let's say aliens are involved in the explanation, they are up the chain of command from the 1% of 1%. Or these "people' at that level are somehow hybridized with other DNA. Mark Zuckerberg grew increasingly more inhuman looking the wealthier and more prominent he became. I have zero evidence, not positioning this as fact. Just wouldn't be surprised.

Many Native American groups consider whoever or whatever these creatures are that are sitting in the driver's seats for this vast global machine The Destroyers and they believe they will leave this planet after they have sucked as much life out of it as they can to move on to other planets and repeat the same behavior.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 10:26 pm

I'm the kind of person who would find satisfactory amusement in there being a UFO researcher named Eileen Landers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 11:02 pm

Thank you for your input. This thread was not started to convince anyone of anything. Not interested in debating with skeptics. Referenced what I already follow to avoid a repetition of that information.

You didn't make that totally clear, in your first post. :mrgreen:

Rather than debate against your ideas, I may ask questions about them.
But then, I may not. :wink:

Yes, Fnordy is quite something. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Pepe on 06 Oct 2020, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 11:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There is no reason to suppose that space aliens do not exist.  However, to believe that they not only exist, but that they are meddling in the day-to-day affairs of people on Earth should require much more proof than a few lights in the sky, some blurry photographs, and people with over-active imaginations.
It would appear you are unfamiliar with Steven M Greer and the disclosure project. This thread is not for you.
I am familiar with him, and many others like him.

While their charismatic presentations are impressive, their lack of factual evidence is not.

Unless this thread is locked, I will continue to post within it.

Let me help you because you seem to be lacking the social finesse to understand the dynamics of what's been established:

This is a casual conversation for people with similar interests. From the beginning, a request was made for people from your position to show some restraint and not misuse their or other's time with offering skepticism that we're already familiar with. That would be just common courtesy. Not showing this common courtesy and refusing to leave is taking an adversarial position. Here's a suggestion: better uses for your time.

Thank you

:mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 11:16 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

It wasn't made clear that it was, originally.
No need to apologise.
Just respect adromedanblackhole's wishes now. ;)

I suspect adromedanblackhole will comprehensively indicate her wishes in her first post in new threads, in future threads. 8)

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 11:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
Thank you for your input. This thread was not started to convince anyone of anything. Not interested in debating with skeptics. Referenced what I already follow to avoid a repetition of that information.

You didn't make that totally clear, in your first post. :mrgreen:

Rather than debate against your ideas, I may ask questions about them.
But then, I may not. :wink:

Yes, Fnordy is quite something. :mrgreen:

He's stepped back
Pepe you're generally fine wherever you post you're a very agreeable fun person and I've yet to find you in a thread where you're antagonistic or anything short of pleasant

I'm on this site first and foremost to just have fun with people who share my interests and can relate to being a space oddity (David Bowie reference anyone...)

I'm not interested in creating an Oxford-style debate - or any formal style debate, which tends to happen on topics such as this which is why I casually ended my first post on a note that suggested skeptics to please go elsewhere. Not a restrictive thread it's just showing a small amount of courtesy. It's why I don't feel the need to post or even respond to people who oh I don't know are avowed Catholics, are in a Catholic thread and are discussing their connection to Catholicism (this is just an example, not sure if this is a real thread here). Great. I am not. Wouldn't convince them. No interest in the topic at all. They're allowed to be Catholic, that's great for them. But when a conversation takes the tone of a debate uhhh the back and forth just becomes so horrendously tedious and boring to be a part of on a topic that is just fun and interesting to me - if you have questions and especially if they're fun or imaginative have a go

Last edited by adromedanblackhole on 06 Oct 2020, 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 11:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
It is an open thread.  Post freely.

Fnord seems to be eager to display a lack of basic decency.
Original post, simple request for those who are not interested in the subject - you have better uses of your time. Skepticism is just not interesting as many of us are familiar with your perspective, not the point of the thread. Thank you.

This is what you said in your first post:
Quote:
If you don't believe in aliens, that's great not sure why you opened this thread and why you would feel the need to post.

I didn't read it to mean you didn't want alternative opinions, just that you would be surprised if they were given. ;)

Most of us here are on the spectrum.
A more direct approach is usually the better way to go. :wink: