Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 3:16 pm

Kia Sedona mini van. Nice and comfortable, sounds like flying in an airplane with the AC on driving down the freeway at 70 mph.

Work van is a GMC Safari, same thing once I eliminated the howling air gaps in the ladder rack.

I also have a Scotts rebadged John Deere riding mower with two bumper stickers. One says "How's my driving? Call 1-800-MOW-LAWN" and the other says "My other car IS a car."

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 3:17 pm

Here's my 1973 Ford L600 box truck. I bought it in Reno, Nevada a few years ago for a pittance, and had it towed to the small town in which I now live. I may put it back on the road some day, but for now, it serves duty storing various things in the 20-foot-long aluminum box.

This old truck is 13 feet, 2 inches high!

Darron

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 3:29 pm

Here's my 1970 "Ute Liner", a rare old motorhome built in Salt Lake City Utah.
I bought it for $100 in early 2020, only a mile or so from my property here in my tiny Northern Nevada town.

Although the seller did not originally think he had a title, he later found it, and I now have a clean Nevada title in my name.

While cleaning out the interior, I even found a stack of old silver dollars worth about $500 in "melt value", at the time (less now, with the silver price dip).

It has a recently-running 413 cubic-inch Chrysler big-block V8 gasoline engine, and a three-speed automatic transmission. Fuel economy is no doubt in the "don't ask" range.

The neat Kohler-engined 3.5KW genny in the Ute Liner:

Darron

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 3:42 pm

GadgetGuru wrote:

I bought the 1997 silver Hombre (above) in Reno, Nevada, and at the same time, bought a 1999 Hombre from another seller, for only $300 (but not running). To get the two Hombres from Reno back here, as well as my 2003 VW Jetta TDI diesel-engined station wagon, my girlfriend drove the '97 Hombre, while I used a borrowed dolly behind the Jetta to tow the not-running '99 Hombre the 190 miles down Interstate 80. I even got about 30 miles per US gallon in the Jetta, while towing the little pickup at 50 miles per hour.

Darron

theidealist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jul 2022, 3:46 pm

2007 Ford C-Max, manual transmission

EQ - 22.3
INTJ 1w9

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 10:49 am

Home, Sweet Home (and my current "ride")

neilinmich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Aug 2023, 7:07 am

2014 Toyota RAV4 LE. 212000 miles.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 3:45 pm

Updated list:

2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 4cyl 6MT
1993 BMW K75 (Motorcycle)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 (V6, auto, ext cab, 6’ bed w/ canopy)
2015 142cm Best Spark (kiteboard) paired with a 2023 Airush Lithium v13 10m (kite) :P

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 3:56 pm

A lightly modified GMC pickup.

A fairly modified Honda Civic.

A heavily modified Nissan 240SX.

A Mongoose mountain bike with street tires.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 1:21 am

'06 honda crv lx, in my favorite color.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 1:43 am

uncommondenominator wrote:

Is it a 13 or a 14?

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 4:15 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Is it a 13 or a 14?

It's an S13 coupe with a Silvia front end, RB25DET engine and trans, Z32 brakes, and heaps of suspension mods.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 5:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Is it a 13 or a 14?

It's an S13 coupe with a Silvia front end, RB25DET engine and trans, Z32 brakes, and heaps of suspension mods.

Awesome. I've always preferred that front-end.

Although I think I'd want to build a Sil-eighty (Sil-fourty?) if I could have one. I go back and forth between whether I prefer the coupe or the liftback.

My dad has a 510 with a KA24 (well, actually it's a Z bottom and a KA head, Troy Ermish built it as far as he knows). It was caged but my dad is trying to put together an interior for it. I thought it was cooler with the rollcage and proper buckets.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 6:49 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Awesome. I've always preferred that front-end.

Although I think I'd want to build a Sil-eighty (Sil-fourty?) if I could have one. I go back and forth between whether I prefer the coupe or the liftback.

My dad has a 510 with a KA24 (well, actually it's a Z bottom and a KA head, Troy Ermish built it as far as he knows). It was caged but my dad is trying to put together an interior for it. I thought it was cooler with the rollcage and proper buckets.

I got the coupe for the chassis rigidity, and cos I tend to favor boxy cars.

A 510 def falls into the "boxy" category. Very nice. Isn't it cool how you can mix n match some old parts like that? Makes me think of the RB25/30 hybrids they yeet together in AUS, or the old Si head swaps they do on Hondas. That's a really cool car to have, esp with that kind of history behind it's build.

I def love the look of a race kitted interior, but I also get the appeal of a more "finished" interior as well. I'm somewhere in the middle with my nissan. Mostly stock interior, but a MOMO steering wheel and a QD, Corbeau bucket seat, and a Schroth 4-point harness. After upgrading the suspension, it wasn't hard to take turns fast enough that you would not stay planted in the seat - a bucket became necessary.

The Honda was supposed to be the Daily Driver, left unmodified and just used to get around. So naturally it has a 5 lug swap, RSX-S brake conversion, and a thoroughly tweaked suspension. Steering suspension and brakes are my specialty, and where I always start.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 12:46 am

this one's much better maintained
as is this (pic) ;

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 1:24 am

I have an electric Segway scooter that has a very low speed for heavily populated areas like 6mph. But the regular setting is 15mph and has a sport setting for 20 mph. It also can hold a battery charge to travel 28 miles before it needs to be recharged. me and my boyfriend probably cannot afford two cars, and I have yet to actually get my drivers license. So yeah helps me get to work and go apply for other jobs since I am trying to find something full time to replace my current part time job. Its not a mo-ped scooter its more the style of a kick scooter but you don't have to kick cause it's electric, but yeah the sort of thing you could bring into a bike lane or just ride on the sidewalk. Interestingly enough its not technically legal to ride electric scooters like mine on bike trails, but it is a stupid law since it is safer for both bicycles and electronic scooters to take trail routes that minimize interaction with car traffic. Maybe its an archaic thing for people who have like loud gas powered scooters, like I could see not wanting like motorized gasoline vehicles on the pedestrian and bike trails...but an electric scooter is nothing llike that. Either way the electronic scooter is my mode of transportation aside from my boyfriend and his car.

but yeah the rule of not bringing electric scooters on bike trails is not actually enforced anyways...basically just don't be an as*hole and no one is going to report it, just make sure to slow down for people with dogs and small kids like you'd also do riding a bicycle.