Page 2053 of 2601 [ 41607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2050, 2051, 2052, 2053, 2054, 2055, 2056 ... 2601  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:57 pm

Yes!

She did 10mg last week and seemed OK. She's been a few days on 20mg and she's a mess -- pounding headaches, racing thoughts, inability to eat anything (no appetite), can't focus. It's been a rough weekend. I'm hoping she'll go back to 10mg in the meantime but she'll need that dose compounded because hers are all gone. It's so bad we've been doing her blood pressure regularly. She did the blood work on Thursday (a full battery of tests for baseline) and the results seem fine from looking online. They also did an ECG baseline, but we don't have those results yet. Im wondering if these meds are interacting with her ( ..... about nine) other medications?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Yes!

She did 10mg last week and seemed OK. She's been a few days on 20mg and she's a mess -- pounding headaches, racing thoughts, inability to eat anything (no appetite), can't focus. It's been a rough weekend. I'm hoping she'll go back to 10mg in the meantime but she'll need that dose compounded because hers are all gone. It's so bad we've been doing her blood pressure regularly. She did the blood work on Thursday (a full battery of tests for baseline) and the results seem fine from looking online. They also did an ECG baseline, but we don't have those results yet. Im wondering if these meds are interacting with her ( ..... about nine) other medications?

Yikes, that sounds miserable! I hope another type of medication doesn't do that to her, if she needs to try out another one.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:23 pm

She also drinks a lot of tea. I keep telling her to cut back, to no avail. No food, lots of tea, and a stimulant can't be good especially when she has moderate kidney failure and so many other meds / medical issues.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:33 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
She also drinks a lot of tea. I keep telling her to cut back, to no avail. No food, lots of tea, and a stimulant can't be good especially when she has moderate kidney failure and so many other meds / medical issues.

Oh, that's definitely not a great idea if she's taking a stimulant. Does she like herbal tea? I know cutting out caffeine isn't fun to do (with the withdrawals and all), but maybe if she's just used to the habit she could replace caffeinated tea with an herbal tea she likes? At least just until she finds a medication and dose that works for her.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 5:01 pm

I might have been exposed to COVID. I hope I don't have it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:17 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I hope not, too! I know you're feeling sick so hang in there and feel better soon!

MarieB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2021, 7:43 pm

What is on my mind right now is how to keep the friends I make. I really enjoy hanging out with people. I think people are interesting, but they are eventually kind of limited and the conversations start to get boring after a while. I join volunteer organizations in areas that interest me as a way to make friends. Everyone is impressed with how smart I am, and want me to sign up for all sorts of responsibilities. I feel wanted/needed and that feels good. The promise of deeper connection and my confidence in handling the job causes me to say yes. But poor communication skills eventually cause frustration and confused expectations. I either escape by quitting outright, or I have a really immature anger outburst (I'm 69) around the feeling that people are not listening to me, and the relationship is never the same again, even if I apologize.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:55 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I hope not, too! I know you're feeling sick so hang in there and feel better soon!

I just found out the person I was exposed to tested positive, and now I'm pissed because they didn't even tell me they felt ill until after the exposure. I can't even breathe with a mask on today and I have asthma, so this is going to be fun if I'm developing it. :x

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:57 pm

Completing my next big paper that is due this Wednesday!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 8:05 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I just found out the person I was exposed to tested positive, and now I'm pissed because they didn't even tell me they felt ill until after the exposure. I can't even breathe with a mask on today and I have asthma, so this is going to be fun if I'm developing it. :x

How much exposure? When?

I hope you have an inhaler to help with your asthma!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 8:18 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
How much exposure? When?

I hope you have an inhaler to help with your asthma!

I saw my dad almost a week ago and hugged him. Afterwards he told my mom on the phone that him and my aunt might have COVID, and told her today that they tested positive. I also do have inhalers, but they haven't been doing much for my breathing issues ever since I got sick. :?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 8:24 pm

Did public health notify you by contact tracing? Will you be getting tested?

I'm so sorry this is happening.

Please get medical help immediately if your inhaler isn't working!

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 11:45 am

Epoxy resin, polymer clay or soldering iron...

... Hmmm...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 2:16 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Did public health notify you by contact tracing? Will you be getting tested?

I'm so sorry this is happening.

Please get medical help immediately if your inhaler isn't working!

I'm going to try to get tested myself, and I wasn't notified by contact tracing. My dad told my mom himself that he tested positive yesterday.

I'm also fine at the moment and the breathing issues (thankfully) aren't much more intense than my usual asthma issues, but if it gets worse and I legitimately can't breathe I'll make sure to get medical help.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 2:27 pm

I think i cured my lingering headache, i think i was drinking too much coffee. I have to have periodic breaks. I get paranoid about its deleterious effects in health. I guess the cortisol was becoming elevated. normally it can cause gastrointestinal upset. I always end up picking up the habit again tho. I just never learn.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:41 pm

Sleeping in early morning.
Not 3-5am, but 6-9am. :?

... It's those sleep times the least desirable in my current situation.

theprisoner wrote:
I think i cured my lingering headache, i think i was drinking too much coffee. I have to have periodic breaks. I get paranoid about its deleterious effects in health. I guess the cortisol was becoming elevated. normally it can cause gastrointestinal upset. I always end up picking up the habit again tho. I just never learn.

I figured mine the same way in about... 3 months ago. :o I immediately went decaf.

Never get back to habit of taking caffeine because my sleep went to hell with it if I do and sleep became very stressful with it than restful. And my body working harder and other physiological signs at bedtimes.

That's my baseline to not drink caffeinated coffee -- the contrast of my sleep quality and whatever my body feels, particularly my heartbeat when I'm supposed to be relaxed.
Headaches as an indication or basis are never enough for me.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.