Page 271 of 283 [ 4524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274 ... 283  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 6:43 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
All banned. (Though not sure about the one that changed words).

If I recall correctly Joe90 quit because people weren't sympathetic when she was transphobic to other posters.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 7:08 am

I miss CountVascular, filthyhandbag34 and the_long_douglas. I don't think any of those were banned.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:15 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
All banned. (Though not sure about the one that changed words).

If I recall correctly Joe90 quit because people weren't sympathetic when she was transphobic to other posters.

She is not a trans. She is straight.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:22 am

No one said that a specific member was trans. Also, people are often trans and straight. A person’s gender identity and sexuality are two different things.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:26 am

Confused. Transphobic. Phobic is being scared? Scared of being trans? Yes. I can see that as Joe90 wanted us all to know she was a woman. But why is wanting to tell everyone she is a woman an issue?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:31 am

Transphobia usually refers to prejudice and discrimination towards those who are trans.

Quote:
Transphobia, in basic terms, refers to any expression of fear or hatred directed toward folks who are transgender, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming.

Like other forms of discrimination and prejudice, transphobia often stems from a lack of understanding and insight around:

- what it means to be transgender, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming
- the many careless actions and words that can cause harm

https://www.healthline.com/health/transphobia

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 17 Feb 2024, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:32 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Confused. Transphobic. Phobic is being scared? Scared of being trans? Yes. I can see that as Joe90 wanted us all to know she was a woman. But why is wanting to tell everyone she is a woman an issue?

Transphobia refers to fear or discomfort towards trans people. You're confusing being transphobic with having gender issues.

In this case the transphobia was expressed through abusive and invalidating behaviour towards a poster who was trans.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:32 am

So a transphobic was exposed before and then left, right?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:35 am

belijojo wrote:
So a transphobic was exposed before and then left, right?

Essentially.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:36 am

I’m sure many have been over the years. Usually, people try to help them but patience is gradually lost when the expressions of bigotry continue. Some are banned too since transphobic remarks are against the rules.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:45 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Transphobia refers to fear or discomfort towards trans people. You're confusing being transphobic with having gender issues.

In this case the transphobia was expressed through abusive and invalidating behaviour towards a poster who was trans.

I need to try and remember thr meaning of that word as my vocabulary is limited. The only issue I find is I learn a new word but lose another. Haha. How can I cram in more words? I need to condense my memory but if I try that I will be dense. Uhmmm. :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:48 am

Bigotry is another word I don't remember. Words I don't use because I can never remember what they mean! :D

Mum has spent years trying to get me to remember words... Hard as my mind works in pictures. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 10:02 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I need to try and remember thr meaning of that word as my vocabulary is limited. The only issue I find is I learn a new word but lose another. Haha. How can I cram in more words? I need to condense my memory but if I try that I will be dense. Uhmmm. :D

I can remember all sorts of words, I just forget all sorts of useful things. :lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 10:09 am

When I don’t know the meaning of a word, I usually google it if context isn’t helping me get it. I do this a lot when I’m reading in Spanish and especially French.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 10:17 am

Superflynurse, my ex-girlfriend from this forum.

I'm not currently on social media, so I'm not in contact with her anymore, but we were on amicable terms, even after ceasing our relationship, and remained friends for a long time.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 11:31 am

Gastronaut and MrPartyPantz :heart: