What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 415 of 499 [ 7979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418 ... 499  Next

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 2:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^not a mere dream but at least one was a nightmare! 8O :skull: :pale:

Strangely enough, I was not terrified. It didn't feel genuine like it wasn't actually happening to me. I was probably on the verge of figuring out it was just a dream. Often when I do figure out it's a dream and exert my will I just wake myself up eventually.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 9:38 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Strangely enough, I was not terrified. It didn't feel genuine like it wasn't actually happening to me. I was probably on the verge of figuring out it was just a dream. Often when I do figure out it's a dream and exert my will I just wake myself up eventually.

sounds like you are well on the way to mastering lucid dreaming. :star:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 10:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps if I ever figure out how to avoid triggering my mind waking from the dream. I have been able to go back to sleep and successfully determine it was just a dream a second time, but I always end up waking up even when struggling to stay in the dream. Once I have the realization, it's only a matter of time. It's like the more I break "reality" or attempt to change the dream, the more my mind wants to abort the dream.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 10:27 pm

I dreamed that my male crested gecko laid eggs in a mound of dirt at the back of his enclosure, and ducklings hatched out of them.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 11:04 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps if I ever figure out how to avoid triggering my mind waking from the dream. I have been able to go back to sleep and successfully determine it was just a dream a second time, but I always end up waking up even when struggling to stay in the dream. Once I have the realization, it's only a matter of time. It's like the more I break "reality" or attempt to change the dream, the more my mind wants to abort the dream.

out of curiosity, what are your opinions of hypnosis?

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:47 am

^I don't know enough about hypnosis to have one. Why do you ask?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:54 am

blackicmenace wrote:

i've read that through hypnosis a person can learn to have better dreams. hypnosis doesn't work worth a darn for me and reportedly a majority of those on the autism spectrum.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2019, 2:09 am

Why do my dreams disappear? Where's my dream about 2 red houses in a swamp? Did it get deleted for some reason?
Or is there another thread with a very similar name, and I got lost?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:13 am

Claradoon wrote:
Why do my dreams disappear? Where's my dream about 2 red houses in a swamp? Did it get deleted for some reason?
Or is there another thread with a very similar name, and I got lost?

Claradoon, there is an identically titled thread but with a poll at the top, have you tried looking there, it isn't too far removed in post rank than this one, it should turn up within the next line or so in fact.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

i've read that through hypnosis a person can learn to have better dreams. hypnosis doesn't work worth a darn for me and reportedly a majority of those on the autism spectrum.

Interesting, I think I'd need a great deal of trust to even try it. I would say I don't recall much of the vast majority of my dreams. I like to think dreaming is our way to simulate dangerous situations like training simulations to gain experience in situations that would normally be deadly or simply emulate skill building during down time. Likely a very useful thing for primitive humans to fail without deadly consequences.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:50 am

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Interesting, I think I'd need a great deal of trust to even try it. I would say I don't recall much of the vast majority of my dreams. I like to think dreaming is our way to simulate dangerous situations like training simulations to gain experience in situations that would normally be deadly or simply emulate skill building during down time. Likely a very useful thing for primitive humans to fail without deadly consequences.

hmmm... :chin: i wonder, then, what my "toiletmobile driving" dreams are warning me of? :scratch:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 4:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

hmmm... :chin: i wonder, then, what my "toiletmobile driving" dreams are warning me of? :scratch:

The modern mind has a lot of information to use. I imagine it would have been far more useful with much less useless information to use. If you do a new activity and do it often, I have noticed I will often dream about said activity. For instance, if I pick up a new game and start playing it a lot, I might dream about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:17 am

blackicmenace wrote:
if I pick up a new game and start playing it a lot, I might dream about it.

it's not like i'm using the toilet more than i have, recently.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 12:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
if I pick up a new game and start playing it a lot, I might dream about it.

it's not like i'm using the toilet more than i have, recently.

Try thinking of it like this. When your brain goes to imagine a dream it has infobesity so the randomness is very high, but from time to time it might put together a somewhat useful simulation. Try thinking about what a more primitive brain would conjure up. Its reality has much less knowledge and it's daily activities would include activities that help it survive.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:51 pm

"infobesity" :study:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 8:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
"infobesity" :study:

Information overload.