Would you?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 14 ]
No 59%  59%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 34

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2009, 1:07 am

Yes, but I'm not sure what I'd change it to. When I signed up, I didn't really intend to post much, since I was just looking for information and I just wanted a username that was anonymous sounding and completely different from names I've used on other sites (so people from RL wouldn't find me here). "Rain Bird" is just the name of the song that I was listening to obsessively when I signed up here. I hate the underscore in the middle, but someone already had the same name without the underscore. I don't really feel any "attachment" to this user name like I do to some of my other user names, nicknames, and pseudonyms on other sites, if that makes any sense at all. I think it's because of that damned underscore. I hate those.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 1:16 am

Yeah..I'd make it something that is not so commonly connected to my identity. I use Poopy Lungstuffing everywhere....I have a really bad habit of over-disclosing...anyone doing a search on my user name for whatever reason, could easily find me here. It is my name in other places...and also my musical stage name...etc....For a while I had a forbidden alt....I tried to retire Poopy Lungstuffing from WP....it was evilolive....maybe I'd switch back to that...but....that has my real name in it...I am uncomfortable using something I don't feel connected to...for some reason....

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 1:34 am

I'd change it to kitsune or a variation thereof, like kitsunegames, because kitsune's a name I've been using for around 5 years on other boards, or I'd go with Karasu-Tengu because I think they're cool. My real name's not very interesting(IMO) and doesn't say much of anything about me.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 2:14 am

Erminea suits me fine.... but if I could, I would change the capital letter into a small one.... erminea.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 6:14 am

"ZEGH8578" is the least pretentious of the names ive used in the past, so im sticking w it 8)

on msn i like to be BRAINMAN or BATMAN, in caps. right now i am "CAPTAIN MAGNIFICANT"

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 9:09 am

A name by any other... topic

So far, 58% have indicated they would not change their usernames, out of 31 members who answered the poll.

People are free to change avatars and signatures, but there is something eternal about the user name. (Besides, multiple accounts are not allowed.)

One of my cousins legally changed his surname for business reasons. He thought his last name sounded corny. ?This is something I would not do, but at least his change was to his mother's maiden name. My mother's maiden name was his surname.

What is in a name? People do judge you, I suppose, but I have always tried to see a name as a label, and not indicative of the person's spirit. Of course, you can read into names anything you want, and names have ethnic and historical significance, as well as emotional implications.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo