Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1103 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 1198  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 12:16 am

I don’t use either of the two most common pronunciations of “pecan” (“pee-can” or “puh-cahn”), what I say is a combination of the two (“pee-cahn”). I also pronounce “caramel” as having three syllables, but not as “cair-ah-mel,” instead I say it as “cahr-ah-mul,” like the standard two-syllable pronunciation but with a distinct “ah” in the middle. And I actually do say “whoa” with an “h” at the end, in addition to the “h” after the “w,” but a soft “h” instead of a hard one. Because of this I was always perplexed when my mom would say that “whoa” didn’t have an “h” at the end, it’s not pronounced like “Noah,” because I didn’t realize this was about misspellings where people put the “h” at the end instead of after the “w,” and I spent much of my childhood misspelling it “whoah.”

I’m also prone to writing long, rambling posts that go on for far longer than they need to :P

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 11:55 am

I pronounce the 'h' in words like 'white' and 'when'.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 1:13 pm

I used to be deathly afraid of balloons.

Not only was I afraid of them popping, but I was also afraid of the sound of helium filling them since the hissing noise was sudden and loud.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 1:20 pm

wishes the world had more nice people in it especially in the neighbourhood i live in, and had a better dentist . Whom did not charge money like it grows on trees .

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 2:39 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:

Everybody knows you can't have pie without Coolhwip. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 3:01 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
MamaFrankie5259 wrote:

Everybody knows you can't have pie without Coolhwip. :nerdy:

Loooolz.... coolwhhsip

where ever you go ,there you are

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 4:45 pm

I do not tolerate uncovered arms, bellies, chests, thighs (and of course also breasts, buttocks, vulvas) in women in public places because of threat of sin, especially mortal, and hell, but I do not want to be aggressive towards anyone.

I confessed my sins to a priest and received Holy Communion 07.05.2020 about 6 p.m.

I have something which looks like delusions of messengership, grandiosity and reference. I concluded that my "coinicidences" are very small compared to the miracles of Quran. And I do not want to make anyone a heretic despite it. I experience "Big Confusion". My mentality wants Quran to be not true...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 7:17 pm

nca14 wrote:
I do not tolerate uncovered arms, bellies, chests, thighs (and of course also breasts, buttocks, vulvas) in women in public places because of threat of sin, especially mortal, and hell, but I do not want to be aggressive towards anyone.

I confessed my sins to a priest and received Holy Communion 07.05.2020 about 6 p.m.

I have something which looks like delusions of messengership, grandiosity and reference. I concluded that my "coinicidences" are very small compared to the miracles of Quran. And I do not want to make anyone a heretic despite it. I experience "Big Confusion". My mentality wants Quran to be not true...

Neither the Quran nor the Bible are true, freeing yourself from superstition will likely improve your fixations and hangups regarding other people's bodies and bodily functions because the concept of ritual uncleanliness won't matter anymore.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 3:02 pm

Funeralxempire, that gave me a laugh.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 2:44 am

I had a crush on Frenchy when I was little.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:10 pm

This was the number one song on the billboard when I was born.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:26 pm

blackicmenace wrote:

She was always my favorite character in Grease! I think I dyed my hair pink as an adult because I was influenced by her. :heart:

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:36 pm

martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

She was always my favorite character in Grease! I think I dyed my hair pink as an adult because I was influenced by her. :heart:

And here I thought Pinky was the inspiration. :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

NARF

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:45 pm

martianprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

NARF

The other one, Sara Mirabelli. :oops: :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:51 pm

martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

I had a crush on Sandy and Marty too. :D I spent a lot of time watching the movie and listening to the album over and over. I also had a thing for Kristy McNichol in The Pirate Movie.