Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1096 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099 ... 1198  Next

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 10:48 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
AriaEclipse wrote:
I want to own a pet snake someday. I find them fascinating.

I love snakes, and really like the sensation of them wrapping themselves around me. I would absolutely have at least one for a pet if I didn't have to feed them rodents, but I just can't handle that.

Same here. My mom is also terrified of them so it would have to be when I move out and have a space big enough for a snake habitat.

My Tumblr

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 12:25 pm

Snakes rock!

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 2:46 pm

When I was about 13 years old, I "invented" that the word "arsen" (which means "arsenic" (chemical element with atomic number 33) in Polish) will be vulgar word for the buttocks in Polish language. Now I do not consider the word "arsen" vulgar when it means "rear end", but the idea of "arsen" meaning "backside" is from the somewhat striking similarity of word "ar*e" (in British English) to the word "arsen" and "ar*e" is rude or even vulgar word for the buttocks (in BrE).

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 4:00 pm

My favorite Easter treat is Cadbury caramel eggs.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 4:16 pm

nca14 wrote:
When I was about 13 years old, I "invented" that the word "arsen" (which means "arsenic" (chemical element with atomic number 33) in Polish) will be vulgar word for the buttocks in Polish language. Now I do not consider the word "arsen" vulgar when it means "rear end", but the idea of "arsen" meaning "backside" is from the somewhat striking similarity of word "ar*e" (in British English) to the word "arsen" and "ar*e" is rude or even vulgar word for the buttocks (in BrE).

Bear in mind, it's not pronounced arse, it's pronounced close to auhss. The American spelling ass exists to reflect that the word typically has used a non-rhotic pronunciation, but it's cognate with the Dutch aars and the German arsch.

I'm both vulgar and have a deep love for linguists. I especially love when these interests combine in this manner. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 4:21 pm

I'm not sure how many books I have, except that it is a four-digit number. Before I got a place to myself, this was a problem.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 1:39 pm

I do not remember if I knew that rude British word for rear end is spelled in non-rhotic way usually when I invented meaning of "buttocks", "backside" for the word "arsen". It might be interesting why the word "arsenic" is not spelled "assnic" in (American) English.

The word "osioł" (Polish for "donkey") also can mean for me the buttocks because of the word "ass" and I do not consider it vulgar.
I think that the words like "donkey", "burro", "moke" can be synonyms for "buttocks", "rear end" in any version of English. It looks funny.

In Polish there is phrase "mam to w d**ie", which literally means "I have it in a**" (I do not care (about it), vulgar: I don't give a sh**). Also "o d**ę potłuc" (literally: "to break, shatter, smash, knap with an ar*e") which can be asid when something is good for nothing, worthless or really bad.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 1:52 pm

nca14 wrote:
I do not remember if I knew that rude British word for rear end is spelled in non-rhotic way usually when I invented meaning of "buttocks", "backside" for the word "arsen". It might be interesting why the word "arsenic" is not spelled "assnic" in (American) English.

For what it's worth, cuss vs. curse and umm vs. erm are other examples where both versions of the word started to appear in vocabularies. Since Brits and Yanks read each other's literature it makes sense that pairings like this would appear. English did it earlier with Norman French vocabulary.

And my random truth is that I'm pretty horrible at staying on topic. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:07 pm

I consider buttocks, the interval between them, anus, rectum (and maybe large intestine) and feces, flatus most funny things which exist :) A very stinky f*rt (which is also really loud) from stuck out ar*e (if it is beshi**ed, it is even more funny) of a young man can be one of the most laughable events... I do not want to deprave anyone due to writing about it. I have something like obsession about "stench pillows" (my neologism for buttocks) since childhood. I do not want to commit sin, however. It looks like a symptom of disorganised schizophrenia or something milder which could be called "heboidophrenia". My nature likes absurdal, silly, "off-color" humor associated with intimate body parts (especially below the back). And I may not feel the shame about private parts, my mentality might not understand it and it wants to see (which is generally considered immodest, but my "schizoautistic" mentality consider that classification "stupid") and hear living people shi**ing and far*ing (the cr*ps and winds have to be smelly, the smellier, the better for sick humour). The words for buttocks and associated activities like defecation and flatulence could easily make me laughing, especially if they are vulgar and rude.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:11 pm

nca14 wrote:
I consider buttocks, the interval between them, anus, rectum (and maybe large intestine) and feces, flatus most funny things which exist :) A very stinky f*rt (which is also really loud) from stuck out ar*e (if it is beshi**ed, it is even more funny) of a young man can be one of the most laughable events... I do not want to deprave anyone due to writing about it. I have something like obsession about "stench pillows" (my neologism for buttocks) since childhood. I do not want to commit sin, however. It looks like a symptom of disorganised schizophrenia or something milder which could be called "heboidophrenia". My nature likes absurdal, silly, "off-color" humor associated with intimate body parts (especially below the back). And I may not feel the shame about private parts, my mentality might not understand it and it wants to see and hear living people shi**ing and far*ing (the cr*ps and winds have to be smelly, the smellier, the better for sick humour). The words for buttocks and associated activities like defecation and flatulence could easily make me laughing, especially if they are vulgar and rude.

Like one of my brothers who is 26...
he is really goofy most days.. I used to cry when my brothers kept joking about farts butts growing up etc lol
This one never outgrew it :lol: he can be actually witty too of course

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:15 pm

I just love Michael Jackson not in a crush way but in a way that you just want to hug the person and love them .their vibes. The way he was as a kid was so adorable I would kidnap him and raise him as my own like Mother Gothel who incidentally ppl say I resemble :oops:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:45 pm

I do not want to be better than anyone, but I want to be not damned and to be eternally saved, have endless existence in bliss even more. My mentality hates Quran the most of all books. It considers that book the masterpiece of Satan due to giant number of synchronicities in it. The amazing synchronicities in Quran made it so dangerous in its opinion. My mentality does not believe than God is sadistic or cruel! It does not believe than He created or even planned evil, pain, sin, ugliness, annihilation of consciousness or beauty. After reading verses from the Quran I might have the impression that Allah is malevolent and degenerated morally (especially due to teaching about Hell, Fire, Jahannam and their endless duration). Such a punishment looks for it like the ideal oppoosite of being gracious and merciful, especially The Most Gracious and The Most Merciful. My mentality stands that God who is really and truly merciful would not allow eternal torment or even annihilation of any conscious, sentient being. This position of the mentality (which, however, believes and accepts God as only, one, indivisible, beginless, unchangeable Being who created everything which is not Him out of true, absolute nothingness) is also against Catholic view of divine justice in which there is dogma about endless punishment of the damned.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:59 pm

Quran and Sunnah (ahadith) are 2 components you cannot detach one from the other. The hadith demonstrates and explains verses in context, there is no getting away from that. For example one cannot perform the obligatory daily prayers without reading Ahadith..if you look at the Quran alone you wil never get the method.
I doubt you have looked into both thoroughly to form the opinion above. In any case you have a right to it. :nerdy:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 3:52 pm

I read about opinion that "only true Muslims are those who believe in Quran alone, without ahadith". There is such a way of life like Quran-only Islam (Quranism). "Quranists" think that ahadith are not necessary and (or) even forbidden as the source of faith and that sahih hadiths are not infallible. I knew Quranism since about 7 years. I can have thoughts about converting to Quranism from Catholicism.

The most convincing argument for Quran for my mentality are undoubtlessly synchronicities associated with its text, especially in Arabic language. Why there are so many "coincidences" associated with Quran? Unitarian monotheism does not need Quran to be believed. Jews are also Unitarians. Unitarianism is considered a heresy by Catholics. If you believe that God is unitarian, "monopersonal", then you are not a Catholic. Trinitarianism is hard to comprehend, but existence of evil (especially eternal damnation) may be more unexplainable for me than tri-personal nature of one, only and even indivisible God. I may have "unitarian scrupules" which say that God is not "polytarian", which is against Catholicism. Main source of it appears to be, of course, the Quran. If God had been unitarian, He still would have been beginless, impassible (having not ability to suffer, for example feel loneliness or boredom), unchangeable, capable of creating something from absolute nothingness (even personal being can be created by Him).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 4:04 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
I just love Michael Jackson not in a crush way but in a way that you just want to hug the person and love them .their vibes. The way he was as a kid was so adorable I would kidnap him and raise him as my own like Mother Gothel who incidentally ppl say I resemble :oops:

Ironically, being kidnapped by a complete stranger as a child and taken away from his family forever is probably the only way MJ was likely to end up as a well-adjusted adult.

You can borrow my Hot Wheels DeLorean time machine, if you can get yourself shrunk down to 1:60 or get it blown up 60:1. Hell, you can keep it because I don't even like DeLoreans anyways.

(I feel like I'm biting Mitch Hedberg with this joke...)

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 8:57 pm

He was well-adjusted, before the bogus allegations which several courts showed were false- basic FACTS didn't match with accusers' claims - as well as 16 years of FBI phone tapping and investigations as well as surprise police raids as well as the accusers' own confessions prior to his death (then claiming for estate much more) , as well as his sister who was literally kidnapped and threatened beaten etc (documented) to echo it - etc came about and even so, anyone else would have committed suicide. Look up Square One Documentary for a basic primer if you don't want to read about it in depth like I have.

I know enough about it at this point to not take what you said lying down. The rest of his family might not be the most well-adjusted though esp a couple of the brothers who beat their wives repeatedly.