Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1084 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087 ... 1198  Next

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:29 pm

Jean Butler is my idol.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:31 pm

I saw Riverdance in 1997! ^

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:35 pm

^ Ahh i'm so jealous :o I adore everything about them, i watched the Eurovision performance probably a hundred times on the İnternet! And Jean Butler to me is the best leading dancer ever!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:36 pm

I don't know if she was the female lead, but Flatley was definitely in it. Is it likely that she was on tour in 97?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:42 pm

Omg she probably was! To my knowledge Flatley left the group first to create Lord of the Dance and Jean continued with another lead for a while! But her and Michael Flatley were the golden pair for sure!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:53 pm

I'm googling and it says he left Riverdance to make Lord of the Dance in 96. I was sure I saw him, and that it was called Riverdance. Now I'm confused. Either way it was a great show with a stunning redhead lead.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:56 pm

Karamazov wrote:
^ sofa cushions are a better walling material.

I used to wrap myself in blankets and towels sat in the middle of my bed and pretend I was homeless...
Because I was a teenager and thought that was what I deserved...

Being homeless wouldn't be so bad if you had a bed to sit on and no police to harass you when you're just trying to sleep and ignore the world that prefers to ignore you.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 5:59 pm

April,
More googling says that I probably saw Lord of the Dance, with Flatley. He and Butler had stopped dancing together by then. The odd thing is that I only remember the dancers in black and not the flashy costumes of LotD. It was a rough night and I was arguing with my date, so the event and time line has always stayed in my memory.

Random Truth: I'm obsessed with whirlies (pinwheels).

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
April,
More googling says that I probably saw Lord of the Dance, with Flatley. He and Butler had stopped dancing together by then. The odd thing is that I only remember the dancers in black and not the flashy costumes of LotD. It was a rough night and I was arguing with my date, so the event and time line has always stayed in my memory.

Random Truth: I'm obsessed with whirlies (pinwheels).

That's weird, i didn't watch Lord of the Dance, but to my knowledge Flatley is a bit of a show off too, also you mentioned a redhead leading lady, so that's probably Jean. Ah well, either way i am sure it was a stunning performance, both of them are amazing dancers!

Random truth: i took art classes years ago and even considered studying graphic design but chickened out.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:12 pm

When I google the Riverdance (Butler) tours of 1997, it says they weren't performing that year. Otherwise I'd be confident to say it was indeed Riverdance with Jean Butler. She even looks familiar. The main thing I remember was crying outside the performance and not even wanting to go in, because of my date. We were breaking up after 12 years together. :cry:

Truth: I took tap dance lessons.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:20 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
When I google the Riverdance (Butler) tours of 1997, it says they weren't performing that year. Otherwise I'd be confident to say it was indeed Riverdance with Jean Butler. She even looks familiar. The main thing I remember was crying outside the performance and not even wanting to go in, because of my date. We were breaking up.

Truth: I took tap dance lessons.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and during a beautiful show too.. I would probably not want to remember anything if that happened to me.
(also tap dancing! I would love to learn someday!)

Truth: i love celtic culture and music

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:23 pm

I don't have visual memory, as I've mentioned in Antaphasia, so chances are even if it were a more happy occasion I wouldn't quite remember what I'd seen. Maybe some day I'll be able to ask him what the show was, but even that's doubtful.

Fact: My mother forgot to collect me after tap dance class and I hid under the stairwell by the emergency exit sign. It was night time and all the teachers had left. I was about eight.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't have visual memory, as I've mentioned in Antaphasia, so chances are even if it were a more happy occasion I wouldn't quite remember what I'd seen. Maybe some day I'll be able to ask him what the show was, but even that's doubtful.

Fact: My mother forgot to collect me after tap dance class and I hid under the stairwell by the emergency exit sign. It was night time and all the teachers had left.

I think i remember you mentioning that..

That actually sounds scary, and considering you were a child.. It's good that nothing bad happened.

Fact: I love ballet now, but when i was a child i hated when my parents forced me to take classes because i was so scared of the other children.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:31 pm

Same! I took ballet too, and in the few photographs I look mortified and rigid.

Fact: My mother also left me in a shopping mall on Christmas Eve when the shops had all shut, and the main lights were shut off. I waited on the indoor bench like she told me to. I was terrified that I'd be locked in there throughout the holidays until they opened again after Boxing Day. I was five or six.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:33 pm

^ Awww!

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:40 pm

@Isabella:That sounds so scary, i know i would be terrified if that were to happen to me. Even the first day of the school was terrifying to me.

Fact: I didn't cry much as a child but i cry really easily now. I can even cry on purpose.