Yay 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Nay 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Other (say!) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:27 am

my mother my brother, and several of my friend have one. I'm really not too into it. I had a couple myspaces, but I fond they were too hard t keep up. I decided to go to the website and see what it is like, but I got scared.

What do you Think? do you have one?

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:43 am

Sure why not, if you don't like it you can always delete it later.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 4:20 am

I love Facebook. It helped me connect with people I forgot about. And you write what you want when you want...

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 4:31 am

If you're not into it, why join? Especially if it scare(s)/(d) you.

Me? I don't have one. I had/have a myspace, but it stays there, inactive. I should probably delete it...

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

C-57D
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2009, 4:36 am

Facebook can be a mixed experience.

For me, the worst bit is continually being emailed by people I'd rather forget existed. But it has some value in being able to keep up with those I don't want to forget.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 7:14 am

C-57D wrote:
Facebook can be a mixed experience.

For me, the worst bit is continually being emailed by people I'd rather forget existed. But it has some value in being able to keep up with those I don't want to forget.

truer words were never spoken, skipper. (I call you skipper because of JJ Adams in Forbidden Planet)

the games are awfully addicting. I've re-established contact with lots of old high school friends and my cousin whom I haven't seen or heard from in 30 years.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 11:15 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
my mother my brother, and several of my friend have one. I'm really not too into it. I had a couple myspaces, but I fond they were too hard t keep up. I decided to go to the website and see what it is like, but I got scared.

What do you Think? do you have one?

I voted nay as I was in the exact same situation as you, except the friend parts then (I dont have any friends either online of offline) Many of my relatives got Facebook and my dad convinced me to join so at the end I did,even if I felt just as you towards it. It was scary indeed to join, even if I didnt enter with my real name there either. Im feeling very uncomfortable there so I rarely pop in. I got it confirmed its not my kind of thing when joined. Nothing harm that you can really do the same. Join and feel into it. If you end up as me you can close your account or you might get a positive unexpected experience of it, so dont be affraid of trying for a period

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 11:16 am

I have one, but rarely use it. Half of my high school graduating class is on my friend list now.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 1:21 am

personally i'm all for myspace. they're not all that hard to keep up once you get settled in and have all your settings and backgrounds, etc. how you want them. and it's more option-friendly.

i have a facebook though that i check time to time. it's not bad, just different from what i'm used to.
if you end up getting one feel free to add me

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2009, 1:27 am

I have Facebook, I say go for it and if you dont like it you can always delete it later 8)

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 1:43 am

If you use it for the right purposes then go ahead. I just use it as a convenient form of communication rather than a social networking site. I have started a twitter page and I have not bother to update it for months

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 2:26 am

I like Facebook. Something to play with when I'm bored. Voted yay.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 10:26 am

I've got two facebook pages. :)

One is under my real name, one under a fake name.
The 'fake' has many more facebook friends than the real me, including a few minor celebrities (and yes, I am fairly certain that all, or at least most of those celebrities are 'real'). These minor celebrities seem more receptive to random friend requests than non-celebrities.

As for my 'real' page, it's still there, but I hardly ever look at it, and there's almost no information on it.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 12:28 pm

I have a Facebook account, I wasn't into Facebook much at first but now I'm addicted. You don't have to stay on it, but I recommend that you get one just to try it out! :) :wink:

SpongeBobRocksMao!