Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

43 minutes ago

Went on my first glider lesson today and nearly blew chunks all over the cockpit. Went to the club today after a couple of visits in a spur of the moment decision seeing the sun out for a change. Didn't even expect to really have a lesson today but they coaxed me into a quick flight after i started showing interest over the last few weeks.

First thing I done was put a parachute on which immediately filled me with a sense of ominous foreboding. He showed me around the glider telling me what checks he does beforehand and a brief intro to the instruments and opened the canopy and told me to get on. He jumped in behind me and a crop duster headed over bumbong occross the field and hooked up the glider and after a minute took too 2500 feet.

I was in the air for about 30 minutes and he showed me how the ailerons worked and let me take a couple of turns. He spent a fair while going in circles trying to get higher and that was what probably finally broke my brain/ear connection for the first time in my life and nearly made me puke.

Great views spanning 50 miles and nearly spewing myself aside, might do more lessons and see it through to the end.