Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 10:51 am

NTs can be so weird & so hard to understand.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 10:54 am

Do you have any specific NT's in mind Kitty, or is this just a general thought?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 11:10 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

No, it's the people that work at the group home, it is also some of my NTs friends, I lost a friend, she lied to me twice, she can compared me to herself, she has alot of problems too, she also has a little boy who is Autism & deaf.

Why you haven't text me on WhatsApp?

Maybe my post would be better in Social Skill & Making Friends, I am coping in live.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 11:12 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

No, it's the people that work at the group home, it is also some of my NTs friends, I lost a friend, she lied to me twice, she can compared me to herself, she has alot of problems too, she also has a little boy who is Autism & deaf.

Why you haven't text me on WhatsApp?

Maybe my post would be better in Social Skill & Making Friends, I am coping in live.

Oh, sorry Kitty, I didn't realise I had a message on Whatsapp from you that I haven't responded to... I shall check that now!

I think that NT support workers probably don't have a great deal of knowledge about the people they are 'helping' since they are poorly paid, usually.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:44 pm

Yes NTs can seem quite weird to me. Not just weird but plain wrong. But I have to remember that weirdness is in the eye of the weirded-out. Hard to hold that thought if they've got any power over me and they're using it in a way that seems wrong or weird to me. And I'd rather not make excuses for them.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:59 pm

One weird thing NTs do is lie in order to be polite. For example they tell you they don't want the last pork chop, and when you pick it up with your fork to eat it they're all like "HOW DARE YOU!! !" because they *did* want it.

Or when they tell you they want something that's completely different from what they're thinking of, because apparently we're all supposed to have ESP and be able to read their minds. And then you get what they asked for them, and they're mad at you. Even though you're supposed to lie and say you like the present because that is also polite.

Or they downvote you to oblivion on Reddit just because you said you hoped a celebrity who just recently overcame their drug addiction can continue to stay sober, because it seems they love abusing drugs and think everyone should be doing it, and the hive mind of Reddit is just plain ridiculous.