Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 10:30 am

This is really starting to freak me out. And I apologize to you in advance for what may seem to you to be juvenile superstitious fantasy. Read on...

Last Friday morning, I was driving to work, and I got pulled over and ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt. $116 down the drain. Naturally I was upset by this, but very quickly I realized that I felt something else at work here. A couple of days before I had relapsed into drinking in the evenings to escape my anxiety and sensory issues. I had pledged to myself to stop doing this because it is really unhealthy. I was smacked in the face by the overwhelming sense of Karma. I had not been true to myself, and the universe let me know, right there in ticket-paper form. Later I felt at peace, and more committed to myself than ever.

Well that didn't last... the past two days I've felt like the world was creeping in on me again, and I got panicked and had to have something to drink. Then this morning, I was driving to work again, and I was involved in a collision. Nothing bad. Minor damage, and I was late to work, but... the message was clear, and this time much louder: CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR!! DO RIGHT BY YOURSELF AND QUIT DOING STUPID UNHEALTHY STUFF!! !!

I can't ignore it any longer. I've got to clean up my life. I don't want to find out what will happen next if I don't.