Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

tk5800
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2009, 5:33 am

i know i am killing a dead horse (i know its beating but this issue is already aproaching unstopable) but the youth of today have something wrong with them

more and more i am seeing agravated teens walking dow the street, of course there is nothing wrong with that, but it is when they try to act like they dont give a f**k is when i personally get annoyed, and some others do aswell, my point is that these teens really to give a f**k, but only when it affects them directly.

(of course this section is anecdotal evidence, :( ) when i was also walking down the street with my friends we were discussing 911, of course i dont want to start a rucuss about it so moving on, another teen aproching us heard what i had said and responded with "thats a dead issue", i agree, but, it was in the way he said it as if to imply he didnt give a f**k, but, what if his family memebers were in the world trade center, what would he have said then, would he have then argued with me about what i had said.

the title of this thread is adolecent revolution, but its not that, its more a rebellion, most teens will join a group to feel like they belong, of course a lot ofolder 20 year olds will join groups like p.e.t.a., and greenpeace, i am not saying these groups dont do good things for the enviroment and animals, but a minority (soon to be majority) dont even know what they are protesting, in the first season of penn and teller: BS on the enviroment, they proved this by holding a petition for the banning of Dihydrogen Monoxide, H20, water, hundreds of people signed the petition without finding out what it was.

(god i am going to be hated for this 8O ) the homosexual hatred in early teens

at my local school a group of students put on a drama show for there parents, the show mainly consisted of "gay jokes", such as "whats your favorite colour?" "purple like my sexuality", i dont get it either, although it was at a low level of funny you mainly felt sorry for the students, mainly with the principal giving them a stern talking to.
another (um, dont know what word to use).......um...... evidentional socialitycial, thing thats soports my flawed argument is whenever the topic of homosexuality is brought up in my R.E. class (thats right, i am one of the teens) everyone then gets very defencive, even to the point of homophobic, outside of the class room words like "gay" and "fa***t" arnt being used in the right context, i even asked someone why they were being homophobic and they said, "im sorry, i didnt think i was using any homophobic language", of course, he used the word fag to describe elton john, ok, i didnt find that funny either, mainly because fa***t meens a bundle of sticks used to light fires, when i explained this to him, he merly punched me.

above i have stated a lot of things (there is a lot more but i cant be humbugged), but what does it all meen, when these teens have there own kids they are most likely going to raise thier kids like this, imagine a world like this, utopia to some, hell for others, teens "in my day" were taught to respect there leders and others, be polite, treat people how you want to be treated, but instead, we have violent angry egotistical teens wanting to rebel against, well, people like me

but what are your thoughts, can we change what i have stated above, should we encourage this behaviour?

emc2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2009, 5:45 am

They just sound like teenagers to me - I don't feel there's been a drastic change since I was a teenager, 20 years ago.

When was it that teenagers respected their elders, and were polite, I have no idea??

But I can't tell how old you are.

tk5800
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2009, 6:29 am

Quote:
They just sound like teenagers to me - I don't feel there's been a drastic change since I was a teenager, 20 years ago.

When was it that teenagers respected their elders, and were polite, I have no idea??

But I can't tell how old you are.

some teenagers are polite, they are the cream of the crop i think, so to you a normal teenager is rebellious? and they havnt changed since your day?

i trying not to sound judgmaental here

oh also, i am 17 years old, i think and feel about 50 to 60 years old

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 11:44 pm

The same things were happening when I was in high school. Things haven't changed and they never will. Boys came up to me and asked me if I've been stroking myself, when I was 14. I'd look at them with a long face and beg them to leave me alone.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 11:46 pm

I miss causing hell as a teenager

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 11:29 am

Kilroy, you told me not such a long time ago that your visits to WP had stopped for good :lol:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 3:08 am

OP, I'm 15 and it appears I can write better than you. See how I actually capitalise some letters. Amazing, isn't it? I can also spell adolescent properly.

I won't deny that some teenagers are horrible, but they don't really represent the majority despite what it may look like from the outside. Most adults will have a hazed perception thanks to The Daily Mail and other stupid tabloids hyping up tiny stories involving teenagers until they're bigger than the damage caused by the atom bomb.

See, lots of teenagers go and walk the streets etc, but that doesn't have anything to do with who they actually are. Since I'm around them every weekday, I can tell you that even the ones who act bad may actually be a nice person and even have talents. You also need to remember that, like you said yourself, they'll join groups, and will therefore conform to it, as is natural NT nature. Nothing unusual there, even for adults, though they of course tend to join different groups, again as you said yourself.

Also, today's adults used to be teenagers, and even though they really do love to complain about today's generation, they used to do bad things when they were younger too. They might have acted a bit better in school, but that wasen't because they're somehow better people, it was just because of the horrible punishments they used back then.

So... Would ya just give us a f'ing break already? All this "TEENAGERS ARE EVIL THEY MUST DIE" crap really gets on my nerves.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 6:46 am

I don't give a f**k! Oh, wait, this personally applies to me, so I guess I do give a f**k. :roll: (Don't a lot of adults also not give a f**k about things that don't directly affect them?)

shirochan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2009, 9:14 am

I am almost certain the problem stems from young people not getting any respect. If no one cares about you, why care about anyone else? This to me is a great evil. I've talked to so many young people who, when approached with logic and respect, responded in kind.

As adults, we are infuriated when our freedoms are taken away. Do you really think it's different for young people?